Random events: harder for older accounts to get them???

Kalliel

is it just me or is it harder for older accounts to get things like mime, maze and other random events, in place getting things like swarms and Mysterious old men...

I've played for 1 and a half years now, with only one mime, no mazes, and almost every event i get is either mysterious old man or swarms... and i don't like it.

Then i got my cousin into Runescape about a month and a half ago, and found out after his first two weeks he had 3 mazes and 2 mimes... i was very angry.

Has anyone else experianced things like this???

Thanks, Kalliel

maxsig28nv.gif

i've had no one maze or mime since i've been playing from 04 :(

I took about a couple of months of rs from March 05 - Sept 05 so mabye if i kept playing i would of got a mime. But out of the "new" randoms i found out existed after my little absents, have only got 1 grave digger so far.

But i do get alot of M.o.Ms but it pretty annoying unless they give me gems. I get rick turnip some times but is worthless, a couple of gp...*wooh*

ok now ive only been playing 7 months but im now lvl 97 cb (long hours of hard work :D ) i would agree to an extent that i get less decent events now that ive reached a (fairly) but i do get them...i find the key to getting them is just do the same thing for a few hours everyday...tell you what though i find that events are things you really want when you havent had one but if you get them a lot they become very annoying...ive had 26 frog events and now i cant stand them.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

I thought it was that way, at least for some other people...

Well i've reported it as a bug to Jagex, let's hope they might sort it... maybe some other people can report it was well... seems we all have pretty much the same problem

maxsig28nv.gif

I too have noticed this. I have a level 76 account started in August of 2004 that has had at least 15 frogs, one maze and an uncoutable amount of mysterious old men. I recently started another account that has had Leo twice, the mime once, the frogs twice, and one uncut diamond from the mysterious old man, all in the last three months. I'm not sure whether it is considered a bug or not, iguess we will find out soon enough.

mistresdeath.png

mistresdeath.png

mistresdeath.png

Im pretty sure its all random.....ive gotten full mime, and the other events and ive been playing for over 5 years now...

Same for me, started pretty much when rs came out, and I'll estimate I have gotten 10-12 mimes, full mime with emotes, then a few after that, it gives 500 gp lol. I get a looooot of randoms (got like 30 frog tokens)

praycape,supergoten23.gif

RANDOM events

let me clarify this once more

they are RANDOM events

there's a reason they are called random events. just take 5 minutes (or less) to actually think about it before automatically assuming that these events could be even slightly conditional.

edit: my mistake. random events are only conditional when they are set to occur when one is using a certain skill (i.e. shades:burying bones::freaky forester:woodcutting.)

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I get too may randoms *sends some ina red letter enevlope* ..especially the frogs.. if i get any more frog tokens im gonna screem.

I tend to get mimes and events like that when im cooking. I cooked 10k lobs, and got 8 mazes, full mine (about 5 events) and endless numbers of swarms

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

RANDOM events

let me clarify this once more

they are RANDOM events

there's a reason they are called random events. just take 5 minutes (or less) to actually think about it before automatically assuming that these events could be even slightly conditional.

edit: my mistake. random events are only conditional when they are set to occur when one is using a certain skill (i.e. shades:burying bones::freaky forester:woodcutting.)

Freaky Forester isn't woodcutting... Hes an everyone one. I've gotten both of mine from cooking...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Kind of gone a bit off topic, but has anyone else had this problem with older accounts not getting newer, or sometimes considered better events, not including old RSC accounts carried onto RS2, don't think it affects them

maxsig28nv.gif

The first month on this character, I went through training tons of stats without a single random event. But now I seem to get some every 15 minutes or so... still no mimes or mazes though.

I don't know... I think it's random, but I'm not sure.

Well, I've been playing over 2 years now...March 8th 04 to be exact. I've gotten 2 mimes, (both of them being emotes), about 3 mazes, 2 freaky foresters, and the rest are basically all junk (i.e. M.O.M/swarm).

So, I dunno.

ive been playing for almost four years, never once had a mime since begining of rs2 and only 3 or 4 mazes.

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

I dont think there is any link, my account is well over four years old, but from what i have seen, i dont get random events any more frequently than anyone else, or less.

BK.

My old account got more Mimes, Mazes, and the other desirable events than my newer account used for pking. Probably, because I only got the second account to 59 before I quit the game. Basically random, they would not slant the odds to a certain account due to its age, its just a bad idea.

Retired from runescape

(Banned for bug abusing)

is it just me or is it harder for older accounts to get things like mime, maze and other random events, in place getting things like swarms and Mysterious old men...

I've played for 1 and a half years now, with only one mime, no mazes, and almost every event i get is either mysterious old man or swarms... and i don't like it.

Then i got my cousin into Runescape about a month and a half ago, and found out after his first two weeks he had 3 mazes and 2 mimes... i was very angry.

Has anyone else experianced things like this???

Thanks, Kalliel

It is entirely random.

I got a mime with kingtut12333 in the 2nd week with him (heh i got the shirt)

And with cerebrus000 cl 65 i got a maze about 3 weeks ago.

It is totally random. That or you just have really bad luck.

P.S. Both my accounts

I think some accounts are just lucky...or unlucky. My (only) account is pretty old (rsc and older), and i have gotten a couple mazes (3 I believe), and 1 mime (a couple weeks ago). Other than those I haven't gotten any other uncommon random events.

ShadowSam19.png