I Have Just Discovered The Wonderful World Of F2P RCing =]

juggler1

Ok, I guess this is not news to anybody, but I was just doing some calculating of runecrafting enough runes to get to lvl 60 magic with firestrike. I stuck all the info in excel and found that if i do all my minds at once i need around 4500 ess. Let's say I bought the 4.5k ess at 20-30 ea, and then made it all into minds starting at lvl 1 runecrafting. I'd end up with 36 runecrafting. Then, if i sold them instead of training with them my total profit would be: (11000*15)-(4500*30)=30000. I know that's not very much, but if you sell the minds for more and buy the ess for less or even mine your ess the profits skyrocket. But imagine if you repeat the whole thing with airs starting at the 36 runecrafting you got from the minds. You make 4 airs per ess. I need 20k airs along with the 10k minds to get 60 magic. But if i sell the airs i runecraft at 20 ea or more i get rich* pretty quick... :shock: 8)

For 20k airs i need 5k ess, bought again at 30 ea, i sell the airs for 20 ea:

(20000*20)-(5000*30)=250k. :?

*For some of you rich may be defined as more than 100m, but for the other noobs out there, 250k can be a lot. :oops:

Ok, so i guess post your thoughts on this. I'm sure i'll get flamed on this cause this idea has probably been around since rs2 started. And i also realize that it would take along time to runecraft 5k ess. But also know that the more you runecraft the higher your profits become because you can make more runes per ess. :shock:

mod edit - removed quoted text, see my note above

No comprendo :oops: I don't speak spanish. I need a translator for that one. All though I can see your saying something about Cosmics, Chaos, Death, Natures, and Laws. I understand that p2p runecrafting far advances f2p, but isn't that true for the rest of the skills? :lol:

I m telling about the time you invest to level up runecraft is better invested in other skills more usefull when you have reached level 60 magic.

And if you want to make money, just dedicate to mining and smithing.. Or crafting jewels..

In F2P runecrafters are poor.. :)

If you look at Highscores, there are only 50 Level 99 Runecrafters.. So.. take your own conclutions.. (there is not a good skill to level up)

axel_phx.png

yea... rc is rlly profit able...

i maded 125k minds for my 60 rc goal...

now im making 600k air for my rc 70 goal...

i do already have 137k, but i took a break for 85 mining... (83 now)

im getting air 6 times, and my rc is near 65 when i get 66 ill get air 7 times...

my calculation:

3mil = 100k ess = 600k airs x 20 - 22 each = 12000k - 13200k

lets say... you only need 11 rc to make profit... (2x20 -30 = 10)

each time you get 11 lvls higher your profit will be 20 each more per ess,

and that will be:

lvl 1: 1x20 - 30 = -10 gp profit per ess

lvl 11: 2x20 - 30 = 10 gp profit per ess

lvl 22: 3x20 - 30 = 30 gp profit per ess

lvl 33: 4x20 - 30 = 50 gp profit per ess

lvl 44: 5x20 - 30 = 70 gp profit per ess

lvl 55: 6x20 - 30 = 90 gp profit per ess

lvl 66: 7x20 - 30 = 110 gp profit per ess

lvl 77: 8x20 - 30 = 130 gp profit per ess

i like rc :) its a great way of mony making... but its soo boring... and not verry mutch exp per hour... im only getting 5k exp per hour on airs...

~jwrm22~

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

yea... rc is rlly profit able...

i maded 125k minds for my 60 rc goal...

now im making 600k air for my rc 70 goal...

i do already have 137k, but i took a break for 85 mining... (83 now)

im getting air 6 times, and my rc is near 65 when i get 66 ill get air 7 times...

my calculation:

3mil = 100k ess = 600k airs x 20 - 22 each = 12000k - 13200k

lets say... you only need 11 rc to make profit... (2x20 -30 = 10)

each time you get 11 lvls higher your profit will be 20 each more per ess,

and that will be:

lvl 1: 1x20 - 30 = -10 gp profit per ess

lvl 11: 2x20 - 30 = 10 gp profit per ess

lvl 22: 3x20 - 30 = 30 gp profit per ess

lvl 33: 4x20 - 30 = 50 gp profit per ess

lvl 44: 5x20 - 30 = 70 gp profit per ess

lvl 55: 6x20 - 30 = 90 gp profit per ess

lvl 66: 7x20 - 30 = 110 gp profit per ess

lvl 77: 8x20 - 30 = 130 gp profit per ess

i like rc :) its a great way of mony making... but its soo boring... and not verry mutch exp per hour... im only getting 5k exp per hour on airs...

~jwrm22~

wow! 65 rc :shock: Anyway thx for the clearer explanation of what i was trying to say. And good luck with the 85 mining :lol:

wow! 65 rc :shock: Anyway thx for the clearer explanation of what i was trying to say. And good luck with the 85 mining :lol:

was thinking near 65... but i didnt saw that i needed 43k more exp :shock:

and i need 500k more mining exp...

jwrm221304061ry.png

and i just like to write big messages... mostly when im bored :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

whoah i thought runecarfting wasnt profitable....

thanks

me too, til today :oops:

And your welcome if you also benefited from my discovery of something most people knew about. :D

You know, I remember when everyone though that rc was the most useless, and hardest to raise skill for f2p...

I soon discovered I liked f2p air crafting for the money :P It was hard and got boring though... Anyways good job on finding this out :D

Blakdragon39.png

the only thing about f2p rcing that everyone seems to over look is that it takes forever. Unless you are able to cut your profits and figure out mathmatically how much you should spend on a runner and still make a bit of a profit, it will take you a long time to run all of that. trust me, i did 30k essence. i had to hire runners daily. although i paid so that i made 20-40gp per ess profitable, i didnt get the full profit. unless you are willing to spend hours upon countless hours rcing or paying runners, i would suggest not getting yourself into that kind of thing. you also need to realize people are getting this information every day, and ive seen air prices down to 14 ea. minds down to 10 ea. its really hard to make a profit now.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Very Nice...

Now here's my challenge to you...can anyone find me a profitable way of firemaking? :wink:

not really firemaking is useless except if you sell fires at karamja (i sold one once fore 610 gp :D )

i have 60 firemaking on my main becasue i was to lazy to bank the willows. i just wced them in rimmington the burned ritht there. took ages but im a yew burner now.

tipitlessersigea3.png

Very Nice...

Now here's my challenge to you...can anyone find me a profitable way of firemaking? :wink:

If you are a member it is. I am not sure about the exact lvl to burn shades but they drop keys to chests and the chests can contain lvl 3 clue scrolls.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

One handy tip is to watch the RC levels for multiple runes.

Also bodies are the best XP (50% higher than airs) but rotten for trading. The shortening of the route, from the removal of the fence section. makes it worth crafting your own body runes for curse training, but that's about the only good way to use them. From level 20 to make them, to a few levels more, is pretty fast levelling.

For Curse training, doing bodies from level 20 to 26 (570 ess/runes) and then doing Earths at 2 runes per ess, using a water staff to cast, is a good move

besides runemining, RC is yea, prolly the most profitable skill in f2p.

as to what runes to craft, airs are surely the best, cause they got the shortest route and best at multiple runes.

tho, its hard to sell em these days - selling airs takes more time than crafting.

waters are prolly easy to sell, tho they take time to craft; fires give the same exp per hour that airs, tho for selling they are not very wise choice. bodys and earths - u can craft em for ur own fun.

minds are good when u want to use crafted runes for lvling in magic, the time u take for crafting them isnt really worth the money u get from selling them.

Very Nice...

cut yews. 1yew=10 willows (if you sell)

huge profit!

how would you cut yews with a fire :shock:

but as the person above me a bit said, burn level 140 fiyr shades, they can give rune stuff and level 3 clues

parents17dc.gif