my ideas for POH and carpentry

Brinner

My idea is for POH's is:

-have POH's expensive and members only so not alot of people can just afford them

- you can expand your house size

-have a outdoor garden area

-be able to decorate your house

-be able to ban people from entering your house

-have a portal in varrock and adrougne so when a person steps into it it will ask you for a characters name and it will teleport you to that characters house or it will tell you that teh character is banned or dosent have a house

-and you could have stalls in your house so you can sale some things on it even while offline

-maybe have a banking chest in your house also

-also be able to write books (about 10 pages long each) and put them in book cases in your house

-be able to take ingame pictures (5 savable ones) ingame and be able to hang them up on walls or something in your house and people can view them (show off how you killed that very strong dragon!)

My idea for carpentry is:

-you can make decorations and such for your house

-the higher the skill maybe the cheaper it is to make a house or expand the house?

Dr_Brinner.png

so it will save server space for one thing and so everyone dosent have it and only the rich shall...

its not like every bum on the street has a house....

but i guess it could be like 100k to buy a house and 50k to expand it...

and just like the dwarf cannon? why have it expensive?

Dr_Brinner.png

I agree with you on some parts. It should be very exluisvly Members (the house's) but i dont like the offline mertchent thing as its just not for Runescape. It may work on Everquest but Offline Merchents are just not for Runescape. In game picture? that would tax space Jagex could use for other things.

I do like the carpetry idea though and arent they making it anyways? I belive that the house should cost maybe 900k or somthing higher and to fully upgrade it to larger house, you would have to invest maybe 500k to 1Mill to add on stuff (i.e. Bank Chest, Bed, The Garden, Baning poeple from entering.)

Also insead of a garden, why not a buyable farming patch? thats good use. of course eveyones house would start as a very run down shack not worth the 900k u bought it for. but theres a quest to explain that.

Of course most of this is to prevent just a ton of poeple buying house;s and being...noobs.

Btw, Write a book? write on MS Word, not Runescape.

ya but if u write books in rs then you could sell them.. and thats alota gold :shock: (well i am f2p)

and i ment the garden as a buyable patch..

but whats wrong with the stall? it would look like a normal store menu...

so you can sell stuff offline and you wouldnt need to yell "selling for !!!"

so people can just go up and buy stuff..

Dr_Brinner.png

It seems a good idea but i dont agree with banning people for entering in your house... :roll: If u mean banning them as Jagex does with autoers.

Maybe they could send them to the jail for three days.

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

what? :?

you wont be the onlyone being able to enter the house..

basicly youd step into a portal... then it will ask for a players name then it will teleport you to that players house :? sounds like you ignored my post

no not send them to jail just block them from entering your house like if a guy comes in bugging you while your decorating your house or something...

basicly a ignore list for your house :lol:

Dr_Brinner.png

Most of these ideas will probably be implemented. I'm just praying that POH doesn't turn RuneScape into Habbo Hotel and I suppose carpentry will just all be making furni and people trading rune plates for mahogany tables.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

• 3 weeks later...
I think POH should cost millions of gp to buy, that will give people something to work on, otherwise we would see like 10000000 houses appear overnight.

What's wrong with that? It's not like there would be rows of houses, it would probably be like farming, there is a way for as many people as want to farm farming at one patch, they just can't see someone else's house. I think houses should be cheap, about 100k, but it would be a low end house, i like the idea of upgrading and adding things like bank chests, just as long as the price isn't incredibly high with each addition, just around 100k for each upgrade. I don't like the offline shop though, it would take server space and would have very limited use because someone would have to know your user name and that you were selling something for a price they like.

BTW: I don't think there are 10000000 accounts on RuneScape, including F2P

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

I agree with everything, EXCEPT the houses being members only. There are so many "members only" things, at least the houses could be free, right? (If they ever come out).

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

ye the carpentry should be f2p for once......we havent gotten an update since forever....

i think this is gunna start a flame war lol over if its gunna be f2p or p2p

What to build and expand your house? Buy the Sims. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

ok, for the last time, the POH's and carpentry will be for P2P only!

the reason F2P is not getting almost any updates is because the basic fact that P2P is earning money, and that F2P is not. you dont pay for F2P, so why would Jagex spend soo much time on it, anyways? thats like going up to a gorcery store and asking for free food :wink:

knucklesrunsmallani9si.giftailsrunsmallani1rp.gifsonicrunsmallani5bw.gif

Yes, but Jagex MUST think about the ppl who can't pay for the membership! The free players could get some updates, no? The F2P game is getting veeeery boring!

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

F2P STILL pay, just in a different way.

1. Ads, this is explained elsewhere.

2. F2P ENABLES P2P. How fun would runescape be if everyone that wanted to level herblore had to walk to port sarim and get their own eye of newts?

How fun would it be if you had to cut your own yews, mine your own coal, ...

Basically, F2P keeps the P2P players playing

nh.jpg

ye the carpentry should be f2p for once......we havent gotten an update since forever....

i think this is gunna start a flame war lol over if its gunna be f2p or p2p

OMG!!! Don't you get it!?!??! no more updates for f2p! its never gonna be for f2p...I don't like this idea either, jagex isn't going to make a skill completely reserved for rich people. Being able to walk into someone's house also i disagree with, take zezima or the old nite for example, would have to ban almost every single member. this won't be like tons of houses appearing just there, its like farming, i don't see someone else's crops. This skill will be build your own everything pretty much, like temple building in a way with more im guessing.

Carpentry and POHs should -I think- be for paying players only, that way people playing the game for free will be wanting members more and then when some do get members it will pay for the money they spent on POHs, even though JaGeX get about 3 Million ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã a month from membership and im sure they are only spending about 1/10 of that a month.. We could get much better graphics with the amount they gain.. OH well, Rant in the suggestions board over :wink:

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

what? :?

you wont be the onlyone being able to enter the house..

basicly youd step into a portal... then it will ask for a players name then it will teleport you to that players house :? sounds like you ignored my post

no not send them to jail just block them from entering your house like if a guy comes in bugging you while your decorating your house or something...

basicly a ignore list for your house :lol:

when basicly u dont want anybody to enter ur house and it could rapidly grow to a 19080 long ignore list. . . the easier idea is "Friend list only" or "friend list"+"house list"

Maybe they could add some Roommate option too

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

My idea is for POH's is:

-have POH's expensive and members only so not alot of people can just afford them

- you can expand your house size

-have a outdoor garden area

-be able to decorate your house

-be able to ban people from entering your house

-have a portal in varrock and adrougne so when a person steps into it it will ask you for a characters name and it will teleport you to that characters house or it will tell you that teh character is banned or dosent have a house

-and you could have stalls in your house so you can sale some things on it even while offline

-maybe have a banking chest in your house also

-also be able to write books (about 10 pages long each) and put them in book cases in your house

-be able to take ingame pictures (5 savable ones) ingame and be able to hang them up on walls or something in your house and people can view them (show off how you killed that very strong dragon!)

My idea for carpentry is:

-you can make decorations and such for your house

-the higher the skill maybe the cheaper it is to make a house or expand the house?

if they ever made POH it would have to be client side like farming... there is no place for 5million houses...

sigjicu0.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What am i meant to do in my POH? Is it simply to look pretty like guilded armour? I play runescape and feel no need for a house. I fight to train combat and train my skills. When i'm fletching or alching i stand in banks to look for deals, so even then i wouldn't stand in my house. I dislike all items in ruenscape that aren't used to increase stats, eg Guilded armour over normal armour. I really don't see the point, if people want to show off they should show off by raising their skills. Everyone says "I was POH" but no-one (so far as i have seen) has said why they want it.