Dragon Slayer XP Question

kripz

Absolutely! - the main point is to be able to wear RUNE PLATE.

The only kind of "pure" that this would be good for, is a "Rune pure" - and you would enter the quest with 33 defence, so the quest XP bumps you to level 40 (+/- a little). And that's more an efficient slugger than a pure.

I tried killing Elvarg in defensive (the old "XP to the other two stats" myth), and still got strength and defence.

The main drawback, is that while a full runer is harder for rangers and othe warriors to kill, it's a tasty target for a mage, with a lot to lose if skulled.

To sum up, Dragon slayer is only good if you have decided that full rune or full dragonhide is the way to go, or if you have a F2P mage pure that you want to convert to members splitbark armour (30 defence) - you'll go from 1 to 33, or from 33 to 40.

Absolutely! - the main point is to be able to wear RUNE PLATE.

The only kind of "pure" that this would be good for, is a "Rune pure" - and you would enter the quest with 33 defence, so the quest XP bumps you to level 40 (+/- a little). And that's more an efficient slugger than a pure.

I tried killing Elvarg in defensive (the old "XP to the other two stats" myth), and still got strength and defence.

The main drawback, is that while a full runer is harder for rangers and othe warriors to kill, it's a tasty target for a mage, with a lot to lose if skulled.

to sum up, Dragon slayer is only good if you have decided that full rune or full dragonhide is the way to go, or if you have a F2P mage pure that you want to convert to members splitbark armour (30 defence) - you'll go from 1 to 33, or from 33 to 40.

So if I beat the dragon with lv 35 def, I'll gain 5 levels and then be able to weild rune armour when im finished?

Just find out how much of each type of XP you get for completing Dragonslayer and use the XP Table on this website to work out how low you should leave each Skill so that the XP you get from completing the quest brings you to your desired level in each one. If you intend on getting 43 Prayer eventually, try getting it before you complete Dragonslayer so that you can use Protect from Melee against Elvarg's hand to hand attacks. I'm not sure if Protect from Magic helps against her breath weapon. After you kill Elvarg and the XP reward you recieve brings your Attack and Defence levels to 40, you may then wield and wear Rune weapons and armour. Killing Elvarg shouldn't be too difficult even with full Adamant and an Adamant Scimitar. Take a couple of Strength Potions and 20+ Swordfish. Don't forget to bring an Anti-Dragon shield.

Gaelforcwynd.png

or you could train till your 100% fatigue and then kill him.

(making a joke because when i done it on rsc i had like 95% fatigue so i only got like 5k exp before it said i needed to use a sleeping bag)

Good one, brings back memories of the good ol' days. Anyway i did it on rsc and i got def exp as a reward so im not sure now.

Sig

so if iwant a pure ranger but want to wear dhide there is no chance i wont lvl up my strength or attack?

nope, but if your ranging is high enough and you dont train your attack and strength from that point on, your attack and str wont come into your combat lv calculation

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

so if iwant a pure ranger but want to wear dhide there is no chance i wont lvl up my strength or attack?

You won't get your attack up, but your strenght will indeed raise to level 33. If you want to be a good pure with the least amount of desfense needed, do the quest as soon as you get 34 def. You'll raise to 39 and it will be just a little until it gets 40.

This signature is intentionally left blank.