Serious Question: Why PK?

Thatguyphil

Probably a total newbie question, but i am new to Runescape, so just deal with it. :o)

Besides maybe bragging rights...what do you get for killing other players (as opposed to NPCs)? Experience? Some equipment maybe?

It seems like it's such a large part of people's time in RS, but i never understood why it was so popular in this game.

Just curious, please...no need to flame (or challenge to a PK match).

:o)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you pk a player, you get all the items they are carrying except their 3 most valuable items. or if you skill them when they are skulled, you get everything they have with them, all their armor, runes, ammunition or food. this is very profitable. also, it requires a lot more skill because players are not predictable or static like monsters with artificial intelligence. so you sometimes have to use a variety of tactics to beat another player. this is a lot of fun, and also risky as you might lose the kill or even lose the battle, making it very thrilling

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

because people train hard, and they wanna have some more fun with what ehy have trained, and they pk :).... i used to pk tons in rsc :)... its fun i got a pker now, but hes a p2p pker with 60 att, so i dont use it :(

this game blows

Well...i wouldnt say "useless"...it is still fun on its own.

Wow...well, ok, thank you guys. I didnt know what was all involved in PKing.

And thanks shade_bandyt...that really helped. I didnt know you could get all the equipment and all that $ and experience.

I guess it would be pretty fun "hunting" people and getting all that stuff.

I suppose its the excitement and challenge of a human opponent.

Not that i've ever pked - not one kill or attempt!

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

I think it's the same reason some people prefer playing chess with another human being as opposed to a computer.

NPCs have very limited capacity.

Fighting another player (even with a lower combat level) offers up challenges that no computer - or computer controlled character - can offer.

Personally, I enjoy Castle Wars for this reason. Others like the risk involved in the Wilderness since there's the thrill of possibly losing the items you're carrying, plus the possibility of gaining items from a "kill."

Makes sense. Humans would be more challenging than a programmed NPC.

Just curious. I've never PKed...but i do journey to the Wilderness for Prayer Training.

I always go to the Wild "naked" though...no weapons, no armor, auto-retaliate set to 'off', never put up a fight...and people still attack me. :o)

I know i take my risks in going there, and have absolutly no beef with anyone that attacks me.

But it's curious to me that, giving no items or resistance, that people would still continue to fight me.

I probably look too juicy of a target, and maybe people's bloodlust is high anyways. hehehe (and true, they could think i'm lying about not having anything)

Doesnt matter though...i know the risks i take going there.

Was just curious. :D

Makes sense. Humans would be more challenging than a programmed NPC.

Just curious. I've never PKed...but i do journey to the Wilderness for Prayer Training.

I always go to the Wild "naked" though...no weapons, no armor, auto-retaliate set to 'off', never put up a fight...and people still attack me. :o)

I know i take my risks in going there, and have absolutly no beef with anyone that attacks me.

But it's curious to me that, giving no items or resistance, that people would still continue to fight me.

I probably look too juicy of a target, and maybe people's bloodlust is high anyways. hehehe (and true, they could think i'm lying about not having anything)

Doesnt matter though...i know the risks i take going there.

Was just curious. :D

Bloodlust is the right word. I'm not a PKer myself, so I can only speculate, but I imagine - given the dangers of the wilderness - there can't be a high player population to choose from when a PKer goes hunting so they'll take any white dot they can find to relieve the monotony.

"there can't be a high player population to choose from when a PKer goes hunting so they'll take any white dot they can find to relieve the monotony"

Heheh...that's probably true.

My eyes are glued to my Rundar looking for those white dots, and my heart kinda races when i see them coming right at me. Heheh!

Maybe that could be another aspect of RS...seeing how far in you can make it without weapons or armor...and come back out alive. :o)

I know what you mean by the heart racing. :)

I play this game purely for fun. I recognize it for what it is: An amusing diversion from real life and that it's only pixels. When I lose items, I laugh it off.

So why oh why does my adrenaline start pumping when I walk into the deep wilderness? :lol: There's something about the experience psychologically that is able to transcend my more rational thoughts sometimes. Hehe.

Heheheh!

Yeah! There's some kind of mental stimulation going on, that's for sure.

It's like...the moment you cross that line, it's like being in a slasher film or something. You are hearing strange noises and seeing black cats dashing around in the shadows. heheh

Maybe it's something about being prey?

I'd imagine that is how a rabbit feels every day of his life. hehehe

...like monsters with artificial intelligence....

Monsters dont have artifical intelligence, when your ranging a fire giant, does he pull out a bow and range back?

i suppose you have no idea what artificial intelligence is, so ill just leave this alone

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

...like monsters with artificial intelligence....

Monsters dont have artifical intelligence, when your ranging a fire giant, does he pull out a bow and range back?

Ofcourse, you never had that before ?

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

Theres many reasons-

Like the fun of fighting people who actully are inteligent (well at least some)

NPCs get boaring after a while

The thought of adventure and risk ets many people into it

The fact that you can make millions a day pking is also good