OMG!!! RSO Forums

Noctis

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously missed the point at what I was getting at. Which can can understand to a certain degree. I'll try and explain.

They make mistakes in the game all the time. Pest Control is a prime example of this. Its just about damn time that they make a mistake that reflects how bad of a job they are doing.

Its bad karma (sp?) in a sense, is what I'm getting at. I figured since there are a lot of people promoting karma on this forum that the mass majority would get it... guess I was wrong.

Surprised it didn't happen sooner then this. They kept promoting the forums as the safest out there. That would have been the perfect time for someone to do something to shut them up (or prove them wrong).

Exploits are bound to happen. And guess what? Its because of bad planning.

I disagree to some extent. Jagex been going longer than these forums in the making. They i guess intitled to a few small mistakes. NOT all bugs and glitches can be caught before release, compilers etc that i use for a online game i work for , doesn't always show up everything before a release and some bugs simply don't show until the script is active in game.

Bad planning? I think not at all from them. Nor do i feel they have to explain what went wrong.

I think personally alot of users here are making a mountain out of a mole hill here over what happened. We all make mistakes and we only human!

They are still i feel the most secure forums you can use.

As a reminder to all, you welcome to talk about what happened within reason, but please do not show any screenshots from Jagex boards showing what happened

You have a point, and I hate to argue with you Lightning, but if they had a finalized version of in game updates and actually play them through, there probably would be half as many problems as there are. Its just like testing games for Playstation or any computer game. I'm not suggesting they don't test at all... but they need to be doing it on a larger scale. Having one person test isn't going to work obviously.

You get what is to be believed a final version (a beta if you will...). Then they test it and supply the developers with the bugs. Obviously some bugs will still be in, but not near as many as what Runescape gets. And the Pest Control deal was just horrible... And the scary thing is that they probably aren't done changing the game around.

Whether the RSO forums are most secure... thats not really up for debate in my opinion.I'm sure there are more exploits that no one even knows about. And when someone gets mad at Jagex for making "bad" decisions... They'll seek out those exploits and use them again.

As far as making a mountain out of a mole hill... Any form of security breech should be a cause for concern... or in this case a good ol' fashion roast. :lol:

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

You obviously missed the point at what I was getting at. Which can can understand to a certain degree. I'll try and explain.

They make mistakes in the game all the time. Pest Control is a prime example of this. Its just about damn time that they make a mistake that reflects how bad of a job they are doing.

Its bad karma (sp?) in a sense, is what I'm getting at. I figured since there are a lot of people promoting karma on this forum that the mass majority would get it... guess I was wrong.

Surprised it didn't happen sooner then this. They kept promoting the forums as the safest out there. That would have been the perfect time for someone to do something to shut them up (or prove them wrong).

I disagree to some extent. Jagex been going longer than these forums in the making. They i guess intitled to a few small mistakes. NOT all bugs and glitches can be caught before release, compilers etc that i use for a online game i work for , doesn't always show up everything before a release and some bugs simply don't show until the script is active in game.

Bad planning? I think not at all from them. Nor do i feel they have to explain what went wrong.

I think personally alot of users here are making a mountain out of a mole hill here over what happened. We all make mistakes and we only human!

As a reminder to all, you welcome to talk about what happened within reason, but please do not show any screenshots from Jagex boards showing what happened

You have a point, and I hate to argue with you Lightning, but if they had a finalized version of in game updates and actually play them through, there probably would be half as many problems as there are. Its just like testing games for Playstation or any computer game. I'm not suggesting they don't test at all... but they need to be doing it on a larger scale. Having one person test isn't going to work obviously.

You get what is to be believed a final version (a beta if you will...). Then they test it and supply the developers with the bugs. Obviously some bugs will still be in, but not near as many as what Runescape gets. And the Pest Control deal was just horrible... And the scary thing is that they probably aren't done changing the game around.

Whether the RSO forums are most secure... thats not really up for debate in my opinion.I'm sure there are more exploits that no one even knows about. And when someone gets mad at Jagex for making "bad" decisions... They'll seek out those exploits and use them again.

As far as making a mountain out of a mole hill... Any form of security breech should be a cause for concern... or in this case a good ol' fashion roast. :lol:

Actually the new forums were tested by the forum mods, so thats what, 50+ testing them? They were also run past the QA team as well.

Ingame updates are thoroughly tested by QA but they simply do not have the amount of staff that can be matched to the players ingame, so some bugs slip through.

The rs forums are far more secure than most forums you will visit, every forum has problems, deal with it.

You just seem to like arguing really.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

Y2g. Yes, they are still fine tuning the Pest Control. They did the same for Castlewars.

They are listening to what players have to say, then changing the game accordingly. Thats actually freaking awesome compared to other games.

And as the previous tester said, no forum is hackerproof.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Actually the new forums were tested by the forum mods, so thats what, 50+ testing them? They were also run past the QA team as well.

Ingame updates are thoroughly tested by QA but they simply do not have the amount of staff that can be matched to the players ingame, so some bugs slip through.

The rs forums are far more secure than most forums you will visit, every forum has problems, deal with it.

You just seem to like arguing really.

I agree with Lightning and Frizoid.

This proves they are human, they make mistakes, some of these mistakes are bad, but... Nobody is perfect. I can say they tried their best with the new forums.

I quote from the sticky at Forum Feedback, on RS official forums:

"On the 25th of April we experienced some technical difficulties with the Runescape forums, these difficulties resulted in our forum users being given a gold crown and a yellow background as well as temporary access to certain non critical Forum Moderator privileges.

This has since been fixed and we apologise for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused you."

Regarding what they are going to do with people who abused this, users who used the tools to abuse other users will indeed be punished.

Y2g. Yes, they are still fine tuning the Pest Control. They did the same for Castlewars.

Both games are similar in a way. They should have just carried over what they learned from Castle Wars and applied it to Pest Control.

As far as the claim that I just like to argue. Yeah, I do. But when I'm right... I'm right. And never am I completely wrong. And arguing is a rather harsh word. I like the term discuss/debate better.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva