Best f2p magic training spell/location?-for exp, not drops

arctiz

i would recomend the fail curse method. Get a full set of any kind of armor, some green dhide vambraces and go cast curse on the monk under the stairs of Varrock castle a couple thousand times.

F2P FOR LIFE!!!!!

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!!!!

"Long live the sun. May the darkness be hidden."

:?

Fail curse is sooooooooo slow. If you borrow a mud staff (like buy it with the intention to soon sell back) then curses are the cheapest possible training. But it's just way too slow.

The most popular methods are high alching and camelot teleporting. You could also try the newer method of enchanting the mage arena, which is also very good/fast exp.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Well, I tried miss curse for a while, and it gets really boring quickly. Also Kwimbob, I'm f2p... so I can't camelot tele or alch anything worth alching. Are fire strikes/ fire bolts/ crumble undead anygood?

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

I'm only lvl 55 mage, so i dont know if this is any help or not. when I was a f2p (not that long ago) I trained my magic casting fire strikes on the caged Lesser on the top floor of the Wizard's Tower. I suppose you could use Fire Bolts instead, but they are more expensive per exp gained.

another expensive way would be to cast crumble undead on the zombies in Varrock Sewers, you know the place where you can stand on the other side of the river of whatsit (hey, its the sewers remember)? The only problem with that is you cant autocast crumble undead.

joshkb8.jpg

fire blasting is far the fastest way what i know 8) spots might be on goblins near craft's guild or black knights in their castle. also lessers on karamja r good, but the place there is crowded almost any time. so u can alternate with bolts and strikes, of course lvling slower. also high alching whatever u can produce in large amounts - tiaras, hardleather bodys etc. cursing is good and very cheap, getting like 30k+ exp in hour, but it's boring after a while :). that's it, on f2p there's not many other possibilities tho

there is one more option that nobody has touched on. crumble undead is still a pretty good option, despite the xp changes. get an air staff, a whole heap of earth and chaos runes, and go to the varrock sewer. go all the way to end of the tunnel to your left after going down the entrance ladder, and mage the skeletons across the little river.

Stallion4589.png

Fail curse is sooooooooo slow. If you borrow a mud staff (like buy it with the intention to soon sell back) then curses are the cheapest possible training. But it's just way too slow.

The most popular methods are high alching and camelot teleporting. You could also try the newer method of enchanting the mage arena, which is also very good/fast exp.

Ehh... it says F2P mage in the title dood lol..

Anyways, i just finished getting 80 mage from 71, i used 60k fire strikes... ( ugh) very slow but it is the best money/exp way to go, besided maybe the curses.. i just killed the lessers and mossies on karamja, made about 300k profit along the way :)

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Ehh... it says F2P mage in the title dood lol..

Anyways, i just finished getting 80 mage from 71, i used 60k fire strikes... ( ugh) very slow but it is the best money/exp way to go, besided maybe the curses.. i just killed the lessers and mossies on karamja, made about 300k profit along the way :)

I know, sry I missed that in the title this time, we established that :oops:

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Krazyck, did your 300k profit include what you paid for runes or did you r/c or what?

well, the 300k was from the rune meds/mith junk that i alched along the way using nats i picked up from mossies.. its probably mroe than 300k with the runes i got and such...

i crafted 205k air runes first, which helped :P and yeah bought the minds..

the 300k is just from the drops tho.

SDAlXLd.png

Crumble Undead isn't great anymore after the xp cut. A Fire Bolt that does 3 or more damage gives more exp than it (not to mention the small defense xp).

Cursing cows is fun, gets you the cow hide + exp, if you don't mind the monotony...

I am a tree.

Well, I was thinking of fire strike all the way to 80 or 85 magic. I might use some fire bolts considering that I have 3.6k chaos just sitting in the bank. Well, going to go runecrafting for about a week before I make some airs and I might either make or buy the rest of the minds. Yes, I know I won't have enough runes, but I'll level what I can first. Btw, I'll be at karamja training my magic level at the bottom killing lessers. Also, does anyone know the current mind price in large bulks(10-20k)?

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

Guest AshKaYu

Minds have very varied prices. I say you could get 15k minds for 20gp each. I've seen people buying and selling for 5 to 30 gp each.

I'd say fail curse, fire bolt/blast, or alching. Superheating is pretty good in F2P too.

Read the title for once, I've saw you giving P2P tips to lots of "I'm F2P" boards.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

Just wondering,

what spell and where should I train to level my magic level from 72-85?

Any suggestions would be helpful for me, thanks.

Well, here are a few things to consider...

(Mind/auto) Fire strike averages about 18 mage exp per cast

(Body) Curse always gives 29 exp per cast.

(Chaos/auto) Fire bolt averages about 34 per cast

(Chaos) Crumble Undead averages about 39

(Death/auto) Fire blast averages about 49

(Law) Falador teleport gives 47

(Nature) Hi-alch gives 65

(Cosmic) Power ammy enchanting gives 67

So, the best spell to use depends on what runes you already have, your

runecrafting level, time available, and on how much cash you are willing to spend.

Curse is probably the best exp per gp spent on runes.

But, it can't be autocast and gives no HP exp.

Strike, Bolt, and Blast spells (mind, chaos, death) can be autocast and give HP exp.

Chaos and Death can't be made in F2P so you will earn exp faster,

but it will cost you a lot more.

Crumble undead gives good exp but can't be autocast in F2P.

Teleport (Law) can give good exp but can be expensive.

Alching, and Enchanting (Nature, Cosmic) can give very good exp

but you have to have the needed materials to work with.

Gathering/making the needed materials can take time and/or money.

So, for F2P,

-- if you want to do it cheaply, then do failed Curses

-- if you want to do it faster and spend a some cash, then do Crumble Undead

-- if you have enough smithing products then do Hi-Alching

You can also look at Tip It's magic exp chart for more info.

Hope this helps.

I got from 55 to 59 in 2 days failing curses in Port Sarim jail. Boring as hell, but very fast xp.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wow, a ton of people mistakened f2p with p2p. Well, I've decided to go fire striking on lessers to try and make some sort of profit along the way. I need around 55k casts until 80 magic, so I'll probably runecraft all of the runes. Btw, anyone selling rune essence in large bulks?

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

Wow, a ton of people mistakened f2p with p2p. Well, I've decided to go fire striking on lessers to try and make some sort of profit along the way. I need around 55k casts until 80 magic, so I'll probably runecraft all of the runes. Btw, anyone selling rune essence in large bulks?

haha sweet, going with option number krazyck eh? good choice :D yeah its great cause of the auto cast, you get lots of forum browsing time and you can afk to a certain extent, so its good times all round... theres lots of safe spots on karamja, i tend to stay behind the bushes there, but you can find your preferred way.. bring lots of natures, of periodically kill mossies when its slow or you get bored, its nice to have a change of scenery and the pray exp is great.... i went from 50 pray to 60 there, and hardly spent any time killing mossies...

it cost me 59k strikes, but hwen you look at your options, its practically the cheapest( save for fails) and its auto, plus you can actually kill the lessers.

It got my vote :wink: have fun :P

SDAlXLd.png

I am one of those people that desperately wants every hp level I can get so I would recomend you to use any offensive attack preferably Fire bolt/strike. They need loads of chaos (which sadly arent readily available in F2P but since you have quite a few in bank I say use em for that) Curse wont get you any Hp Xp nor will Teleing or Superheating. If you don't care about hp then do whatever you want but firebolt is funnest :).

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Well yea, fire strike is alright. I'm usually on forums reading while killing lessers at the safe spot. Btw, does anyone know if there is a safe spot at Crandor mossies?

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

Well yea, fire strike is alright. I'm usually on forums reading while killing lessers at the safe spot. Btw, does anyone know if there is a safe spot at Crandor mossies?

Well, you should be able to use the Ranging safe spot.

That's against the northern wall a bit to the east of center.

Or,

you can stand just north of the western moss spawn

and cast from just outside his walk area.

You could also consider doing the lessers on the top of crandor.

There are safe spots along the northern edge and east side.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thoasands of minds used and not one rune med. Anyone think that I should kill hobgoblins instead? Also, I'm selling extra airs for 20 each if anyone needs. You can order any amount and I'll get it asap for you. Also, Goobore, thanks for the advice. Going to crandor right now.

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack