10 May 2006 - The New QuestHelp System

Umega

Introducing the QuestHelp system!

We know it can be very frustrating to get partway through a quest only to hit a puzzle you just can't solve. However, we also know that simply resorting to looking up the entire solution can take all the fun out of the quest and often results in you seeing more solution than you wanted to see. This can leave you with the feeling that you didn't really solve bits you could have done.

Therefore we're proud to announce the launch of our new QuestHelp system! The system looks at your current progress in the game to identify your exact position within a quest and then offers hints on how to get past the point you are currently stuck at.

Even better, the hint system is able to give 'cryptic' hints, which are just enough to get you thinking in the right direction, but still allow you to enjoy solving the puzzle for yourself. If that's not enough it can then give a more detailed hint to help you get past the sticking point. Additionally, some hints contain maps and images that provide excellent visual clues to aid you during your quest.

The system will give you up to 4 hints a day. Of course you don't have to use all 4 and for maximum enjoyment of the quests we would recommend only using the QuestHelp system when you find yourself otherwise stumped.

For the moment the QuestHelp system is a beta and provides help for all of our free quests. We will be looking to add the members quests next, just as soon as we can get all those hints written! So you can look forward to those being released in batches in the future.

There are a couple of reasons we started with just free player quests. Firstly, the majority of our game related queries are from free players. This will hopefully free up a significant part of our Customer Relations team, who can then be re-shifted to focus on processing game abuse and cheating reports even quicker, improving the game environment for all of our players! During the beta version, we also hope to get your ideas and suggestions via our forums to make the QuestHelp system as helpful as possible, which we can then look to take into account as we update with help for all of our members quests.

You can log-in to the QuestHelp system from the main front page and also from the Knowledge Base.

For more information about the QuestHelp system, view the QuestHelp Knowledge Base article.

If you done all the quests, then you can't try it out. I wanted to see what it was like. :(

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

They give you hints and clues, Tip.it just gives you the thing you need. I can see little 8 year old kids complaining that the clues/hints are too hard :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

They give you hints and clues, Tip.it just gives you the thing you need. I can see little 8 year old kids complaining that the clues/hints are too hard :lol:
seconded. how much do you want to bet that well get some guy in the next couple of weeks who will make an account just to post a half-baked rant on how this new system doesn hold their hands and walk them through the quest? :roll: but then, of course, if the tips were made easier, then we would get a rant on how the tips are too easy and how jagex is stupid for doing that and how their trying to take over tip.its job of providing quest guides :roll::roll:
I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

I like this update a lot!

I don't like walking too much for a quest and forgetting items, so I have to use quest guides :( but quest guides do take the fun away, so I hope this questhelp system to be something in the middle.

I'll know if I'm member again... :)

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

8 year olds aren't allowed to play, remember? You have to be at least 13 to be able to play RS. :P

8 year olds aren't allowed to play, remember? You have to be at least 13 to be able to play RS. :P

They can just click on 13 and older...nothing is stopping them :wink:

There are a couple of reasons we started with just free player quests. Firstly, the majority of our game related queries are from free players. This will hopefully free up a significant part of our Customer Relations team, who can then be re-shifted to focus on processing game abuse and cheating reports even quicker, improving the game environment for all of our players!

Um, wrong! As far as I remember free players can't even send game related queries. So then how can we be sending the majority of these?

Not that I'm complaining about this update, I'm glad they extended it to f2p, but really, that right there makes it sound like f2pers are taking up so much of the Customer Releations team's time, when really we don't.

On the subject of 8 year olds playing RS, my little sister (6 years old) when she made an account she said she was 50-60 lol. She was far to young and she was constantly seekin help from my brother (8 years old). I refused to help her because:

a) I'm 14 and I don't want the game full of idiots.

B) I can't be bothered :P (don't tell her that :wink: )

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

Luckily I still had a secondary account that has a lot of F2P quests started but not completed so I got a chance to try it out.

I think it's a good addition to the game. One that will quickly be taken for granted. I look forward to the member-quest additions. Using Tip.It's quest guides always left me feeling a little like I cheated (don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate Tip.It's quest guides).

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of limiting the help to 4 times a day though.

I tried the system on my noob account and it works great! :)

U have 4 pts a day

unlocking an hint cost 1 pt

if u have already unlcked a hint u can unlock spoiler for 2 pts

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

guys think about it, they have to put a ton of people on this and write all 100+ quest guildes, then also make them for new ones. This will take a ton of time! with all of those people working on this there will be less updates like ACTUAL QUESTS! and new skills like carpentry which is 5 months overdue already and everyone quit talking about just like poh, but back on topic, ya i dont like it if im that stuck ill just go to tip.it guilds