Bias =\

Faux

So when Tip.It messes up or crosses with JAGeX, it gets a legal action threat or a negative publicity right up front in the home page.

But how come other popular fansites (rather not name them) who are promoting illegal trade sites all over the place seemed to go unnoticed by JAGeX?

rune hq promotes a money making guide for $5 real money, thats against the rules...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

EDIT: Ok, I was right :)

It's not a game item. You are allowed to trade irl items for irl items. If it was rs money for rl money it would be illegal, you could get banned but tis is different. Btw, I have been told the guides suck...

sig5235ro7.jpg

One fansite is actually promoting a cash for GP advertisement right up their banner.

And jeez, I didn't put any names on my starting post so that it won't get locked. Please, don't mention the sites.

Biabf, are you serious? That's.still.illegal. No matter how hard you try to justify it, a 'guide' isn't an in-game item, so it's a real-life item. Understand?

One fansite is actually promoting a cash for GP advertisement right up their banner.

Biabf, are you serious? That's.still.illegal. No matter how hard you try to justify it, a 'guide' isn't an in-game item, so it's a real-life item. Understand?

That banner has been on tip.it also. But the thing is, THEY DON'T CONTROL THE ADS, google does. All they can do is request not to have it.

Actually, it isn't illegal because, as bia said, you are giving REAL money for a REAL guide. If you paid for it in rs gp, then it would be illegal, but since you aren't, it's perfectly legal. Those guides are crap anyway... (I didn't buy one, but my friend did)

That banner has been on tip.it also. But the thing is, THEY DON'T CONTROL THE ADS, google does. All they can do is request not to have it.

Actually, it isn't illegal because, as bia said, you are giving REAL money for a REAL guide. If you paid for it in rs gp, then it would be illegal, but since you aren't, it's perfectly legal. Those guides are crap anyway... (I didn't buy one, but my friend did)

ad18wh.png

ad28bn.png

My memory isn't the greatest but I sure as hell would know if those ads were ever put in here.

Sorry about calling the other ad illegal then. I don't know much about paying money to gain RS cash.

Go to the advertising sites breaking Jagex rules and then in a query let Jagex be aware of that site so action may be taken against 'em. Make sure to give them a description of what rule they are breaking and also the direct URL to the site.

That's what I do when I want something done :P I do not like it when people cheat in the game.

~Aprzepioski

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

They didn't get rid of their message center.

To read messages from Jagex go to...

RuneScape > Read your messages from Jagex

And to send a query, go to...

RuneScape > Comment on our service > *Select the appropriate topic type*

To send a URL to Jagex, complaint would be the appropriate topic type.

Enjoy.

~Aprzepioski

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

Wah, you no mention Runevillage. You suck.

But anyway, I've noticed a lot of ads popping up here at tipit too. And at RV. The thing is, google ads sponsor us, and we just have google ads, except google finds ads that have similarity to the words on that page. Runescape is a pretty common one. The only Runescape ad you might find on google is autobots and cheating.

Wah, you no mention Runevillage. You suck.

But anyway, I've noticed a lot of ads popping up here at tipit too. And at RV. The thing is, google ads sponsor us, and we just have google ads, except google finds ads that have similarity to the words on that page. Runescape is a pretty common one. The only Runescape ad you might find on google is autobots and cheating.

Runevillage isn't as big as the other three. Only once have I seen people talking about runevillage, I see talks of tip.it and runehq daily... Hopefully when tip.it gets the item db it will just become tip.it tip.it tip.it :lol:
sig5235ro7.jpg

No, it's not about the ads that can't be controlled, it's about the ones that can be controlled.

The ads I showed in my previous post is the type of ads I'm talking about. The admins of those fansites put those ads on purpose knowing that they are against the game rules.

No, it's not about the ads that can't be controlled, it's about the ones that can be controlled.

The ads I showed in my previous post is the type of ads I'm talking about. The admins of those fansites put those ads on purpose knowing that they are against the game rules.

I'm pretty sure your wrong there. Google generates the ads depending on the content of the site. it mentions runescape a lot so it places a runescape advert there...
sig5235ro7.jpg

If you buy the book on about how to make RS money,it is not illegal,because its not JaGeX property,i report those ads

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I'm pretty sure your wrong there. Google generates the ads depending on the content of the site. it mentions runescape a lot so it places a runescape advert there...

Oh em gee, that's what I meant. I'm not talking about the Adsense adverts, but the ones placed there on purpose by the admins - like the screenshots I put.

Oh em gee, that's what I meant. I'm not talking about the Adsense adverts, but the ones placed there on purpose by the admins - like the screenshots I put.

Admins don't put them there. Google does. All they can do is complain and get them removed in a few weeks.

If this isn't what you mean, sorry.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Admins don't put them there. Google does. All they can do is complain and get them removed in a few weeks.

If this isn't what you mean, sorry.

No. The kind of advertisement I'm talking about aren't put on by google, but by the admins themselves. I even asked one of them if the advertisement was put on there by mistake (hint: loot) and they said no. They explained how the cost of servers are too expensive and they need the money from those kind of advertisements to fund the servers.

You're talking about Google Adsense advertisements which isn't what I'm talking about.

Hi Shadowfaxpz,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Jagex.

At Jagex we always aim to respond to every message we receive from our players individually and as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, due to the massive growth in popularity of Runescape and the increasing number of queries that brings, we have not been able to keep up, and are not able to offer a personal response this time. We are increasing the size of our customer support unit and hopefully the next time you need help you will be able to get a quick answer!

We always give priority to answering all member queries personally, but we are now aiming to answer more free player queries. This number will increase even more in the coming weeks.

Why not consider becoming a member and help support the continued development of the game? Plus you'll also get a range of extra features and benefits like four extra bank pages, exclusive quests and you get no adverts that can sometimes put you off your game.

As a Member you also get access to the Forums which can usually answer any query you have allowing you more time to play the game.

RuneScape.com holds a mass of information on RuneScape and quite often you will find the answer you are looking for here, whether it be technical, billing or game related - one of the FAQ's is bound to help.

If you have tried this and still cannot find an answer to your query, please resubmit it again and we will try to give a personal response.

Once again, many thanks for your query, and apologies that we cannot give a personal response at this time.

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

Damn :|

Hi Shadowfaxpz,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Jagex.

At Jagex we always aim to respond to every message we receive from our players individually and as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, due to the massive growth in popularity of Runescape and the increasing number of queries that brings, we have not been able to keep up, and are not able to offer a personal response this time. We are increasing the size of our customer support unit and hopefully the next time you need help you will be able to get a quick answer!

We always give priority to answering all member queries personally, but we are now aiming to answer more free player queries. This number will increase even more in the coming weeks.

Why not consider becoming a member and help support the continued development of the game? Plus you'll also get a range of extra features and benefits like four extra bank pages, exclusive quests and you get no adverts that can sometimes put you off your game.

As a Member you also get access to the Forums which can usually answer any query you have allowing you more time to play the game.

RuneScape.com holds a mass of information on RuneScape and quite often you will find the answer you are looking for here, whether it be technical, billing or game related - one of the FAQ's is bound to help.

If you have tried this and still cannot find an answer to your query, please resubmit it again and we will try to give a personal response.

Once again, many thanks for your query, and apologies that we cannot give a personal response at this time.

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

Damn :|

Suck it up freeworlder Muhahahahaha!

Joking :D

Want me to send one in on your behalf?