Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!

runesmithie

Possibly my best find for the Nintendo DS. The premise of Brain Age is that your brain needs exercising like the rest of your body and by training with this you can keep it at an optimum 20 years old.

There are 4 different save files, each saved with your signature, so you can sort of personalize them... Once you go into the save, you see a calendar with stamps on days that you have done at least one exercise, a great way to keep track. The exercises range from pure simplicity to true thinkers, at the minute I have only a few modes unlocked. Calculations x20 is a series of very simple math problems that you must write out the answer for. Calculations x100 is pretty obvious :P. Reading Aloud gives you a passage from a classic novel and has you read it aloud (it doesn't check that you are though). Low to high gives you a set of numbers in boxes that you must memorize in less than a second and then hit the boxes with the lowest numbers up to the highest from memory. Syllable count has you count the syllables in a short sentence. On top of these is the Brain Age check, which you can do once a day and will pick 3 random tests (even ones you haven't unlocked yet.)

Each exercise has rules given by the floating face of Dr. Ryuta Kawashima (who also responds to voice commands on the main menu... boy does he like laughing :P . Also included are some quick training options, such as a quick random test, a quick brain age check, and a quick sudoku puzzle. Oh boy, did I forget to mention that this game has around 100 sudoku puzzles for you to solve? Well it does :D. You can also challenge up to 15 friends to a "Calculation Battle", which would be the same as Calculations x30 (off of ONE cartridge!). I think you can also send them a demo of the game with all of the quick modes.

I think I rambled a bit.... this game is great, buy it! :)

You WILL want to finish all of your exercises, they're so much fun :D

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Another few things I forgot to add:

Amazing handwriting recognition (except for my 4s and 9s, which are pretty sloppy :P) and voice recognition (only missed what color I said once, because I was mumbling :P)

And perhaps one of the better featres, if you say Microsoft in the main menu he will growl and shake his head XD

smithie3.jpg

Heh, these things are supposedly all the rage in Japan, the first video game that's more popular with the middleaged demographic than it is with teens.

Heh, these things are supposedly all the rage in Japan, the first video game that's more popular with the middleaged demographic than it is with teens.

It's pretty addictive trying to beat your calculation time ;)

smithie3.jpg

Are there foreign languages available?:o

I suppose if you got the japanese version :P

I know Japanese.:mrgreen:

But I wonder if it's available in French?:o

I'm a linguaphile like no other.

I love languages.

J'adore les langues.

ÃÆÃ

Unlocked a new mode today, "Head Count".

You have to count teh stick figures going in and out of the house and tell how many are in the house at the end of the party :P Pretty challenging once you get far, as people will be entering and exiting at the same time o.o

once youg et to that point its just easiest to keep a balance of the change between people in and out and add that on to the beginning

smithie3.jpg

I love that game, I stopped playing it after about 3 weeks though. I hit 20 brain age and didn't want to mess that up, so I stopped doing those tests, and eventually it got too boring for me. I loved the graphs and comparing graphs with your family members though.

I love that game, I stopped playing it after about 3 weeks though. I hit 20 brain age and didn't want to mess that up, so I stopped doing those tests, and eventually it got too boring for me. I loved the graphs and comparing graphs with your family members though.

I keep fluctuating, first time was 49, then 20, then 34 :P

I'm just not good at some tests >.< (Stroop and word memory >.>)

smithie3.jpg