POH's: Good or Bad?

e89456

As you all know, the new Player Owned Houses have been released, and I think that it is messing up the RuneScape economy. Stuff like planks are selling for as much as 2,000gp each now. It's madness. I myself like POH's, but I don't like the effect it has brought to the ecomnomy. Many players are taking advantage of the new skill, just cutting down regular logs, making into planks, and then selling for 2k each. On top of planks, hammer prices are going up. My freind, Eaglesrules61, sold a hammer for 15k today. Regular logs are now 200gp each, and oaks are 300gp each! Oaks are selling for more than yews. I know the prices will fall, but today was mad. Here are some pro's and con's about POH's:

Pro's:

Very interesting

Extremely fun(atleast for me :D )

Gives players a new way to show their wealth

Con's:

Expensive

Threw economy out of whack

Will make rare item prices drop significantly(a few million gp)

There seem to be ALOT of glitches with POH's ATM

These are just some pro's and con's. Feel free to suggest more and I will add them to this post. I don't want any flaming on this topic. I just want to have a peaceful discussion about the new update.

runemmagecape,e89456.gif

e89456.gif

e89456.gif

I like my house, also. I am NOT saying POH's are a bad thing, if anything I think they are good. Edge, I know deflation will occur, that is a good thing. But POH's won't have that effect for long. Soon, people will get bored of the skill, and the economy will return to normal.

runemmagecape,e89456.gif

e89456.gif

e89456.gif

I like my house, also. I am NOT saying POH's are a bad thing, if anything I think they are good. Edge, I know deflation will occur, that is a good thing. But POH's won't have that effect for long. Soon, people will get bored of the skill, and the economy will return to normal.

Then comes a new money-dump skill, or quest item. Weapon, armor, Jagex will find something.

While my supplies were low I didn't find building my house all too fun as I had to run back and forth constantly to grab my goods. I have a hoard of Oak planks now and am building my home taller now so I'm actually happy with it. It just takes time and patience to build it up. But for the average player the Cash drain is significant I'd say. I started out with 1.8 mil and I've gotten to 33 Construction and am now at 1.099 Mil. I did go out and buy up a couple thousand chaos and death runes while everyone has been in a mad rush just to get my profits back up a bit.

I've set a stopping point/goal for my construction level and that's to get it to 44 so I can make a fencing ring and a weapons rack on my second floor. I've got lots more to build but it'll have to wait as I recoup from the financial drain and perhaps now that I've got a little place all to my own I can play Runescape reivigorated. Perhaps I'll go steal from a few more Knights and Craft quite alot of Nature runes through the good ol' walking way (I hate Abyss Pkers).

Though the skill is fun and I do enjoy it, like others have said, it takes so much money. It is indeed causing deflation but this is a bad thing for some people who have all their money in items at the moment....such as myself. I probally lost a couple of million gp just in items and then I spent a considerable amount of gp on construction today and I'm only level 50! I mean come on...to put a steel dragon in your house costs 10 million gp...that is just...so...much...money...and it's only one thing.

Fun Wise: Good

Money Wise: Bad for me, good for others. It's meh.

hells_box.png

The only rares that will drop in price are the lesser rares; the real merchanter won't sell a phat just so he can buy a new wall.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The only rares that will drop in price are the lesser rares; the real merchanter won't sell a phat just so he can buy a new wall.

Who says he will sell? Maybe the buyers will buy a new wall :D

POH should be the way to show of your wealth and achievements. it does cost a ot but in that way only the best playes will ahve the best house.

i like it and even i can't afford most of the things i will keep building my house

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

This happens every time a new skill is released...people want to race for top of hiscores, so they spend spend spend. Personally, I don't care about being first to the top of hiscores, so I take this opportunity to make a few mil merchanting.

The lesser rares might go down in price, but eventually they will go back shooting again, so I wouldnt get rid of them just to buy a few items for this new skill.

Havent really seen any go down on the forums. Dont know how it is in world 1 or 2 though.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

I say it's good thing as well as bad, I prefer the economy this way. However there are scams coming into effect and major price rises of items.

However theres only one person profiting greatly from this: The Saw Mill Man. This is the cause of the ridiculous rise. An inventory load of oak logs costs about 7k to plankerise, now I can afford it but many lower leveled can't, and I still don't like the high prices. I think maybe Jagex should employ a system of mass cutting, if you want 1 plank cut the price per plank will be significantly higher than if you want 27, this should help reduce the ridiculous prices of planks I hope.

Or another idea: the ability to cut your own planks in your workshop, 40 for normal planks, 50 for oak, 60 for teak and 70 for mahogany.

This has become the most exspensive skill to level, maybe to encourage more free players to join at least Jagex should lower the prices a bit.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

I say it's good thing as well as bad, I prefer the economy this way. However there are scams coming into effect and major price rises of items.

However theres only one person profiting greatly from this: The Saw Mill Man. This is the cause of the ridiculous rise. An inventory load of oak logs costs about 7k to plankerise, now I can afford it but many lower leveled can't, and I still don't like the high prices. I think maybe Jagex should employ a system of mass cutting, if you want 1 plank cut the price per plank will be significantly higher than if you want 27, this should help reduce the ridiculous prices of planks I hope.

Or another idea: the ability to cut your own planks in your workshop, 40 for normal planks, 50 for oak, 60 for teak and 70 for mahogany.

This has become the most exspensive skill to level, maybe to encourage more free players to join at least Jagex should lower the prices a bit.

I think it's good allready now

It's like in real life

you have money -> you have good house

you don't have money -> you have a house built from regular planks

LOl reminds me when there was all this talk of POH coming out a few years ago and everyone was running around like mad men/women buying up all the planks, tiles, nails etc that they could get their hands on.

Now houses are finally out I hope they kept all the items they collected :lol:

i like it, finally something i can do so i can get to canifis faster. faster barrows!!!

hehe, anyways, i think its a great idea, and the houses are amazing, great job for jagex

finally something everyone can get, you don't need the best though, you can have normal things, i wish there were more decorations, like green dragon heads, and more places to put your stuff... heh, mothers an interior designer. also i'd like to be able to paint my chairs. I like that idea of the change of scenery every level, and i'm happy there's easy levels with carpentry, with the gardens, finally, more killing 2 birds with 1 stone! The idea i like most of all is boxing.

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

The worst bit has to be the cost. If it cost less to do then I'd be renewing my mebership like a shot. As it is I'm torn - it looks awsome, but the immense cost is a bit off-putting. My funds are just over 1M, and I don't like the sound of 800k to just get lvl 33, cos I'd at least want to get the altar room.

The normal planks that this takes for low lvl stuff - are they the ones you can pick up in the wildy and the Barbarian Outpost?

EDIT: I just worked out that if you made oak chairs all the way to lvl 45 it would cost 260k. I know that they are lvl 19, but it seems a bearable amount of money to spend, as a general guide.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Heres my opinion :

Poh are the new way to show ur achievement! Every skill is linked to it in some way! It reflect who u are!

Now the new goal of any scaper (well at least skiller scapers) is to own the best poh in town!

They will ALWAY be used for things such as : Clans HQ, party places, lots of useful and uniques skill features!

They now are a MAJOR part of the game, u like it or not! :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I mean come on...to put a steel dragon in your house costs 10 million gp...that is just...so...much...money...and it's only one thing.

i agree 10mil on a dragon is a waste especially if once its dead its dead

ive quit because of the dumb side of the RS community, not because i play too much (like 1 hour a day)

rareszg0.png

dont get lured!

I think it's a good update for everyone, the current prices will lower soon, remember when fletching first came out? or when the first few people gotten to yew bows? or the easter event? people always try to earn a buck at the time the items are most wanted, I sold some items as well and I got flooded more then the average mod in an f2p world, in a few days, after the weekend, that will be gone:) and then the only issue (wich is a positive one) is the expensive monsters and stuff, 10mil for a steel dragon will not be available to everyone to obtain but it is a nice goal to set, how fun would it be if you could buy everything for a top of 1mil.. too easy.. you can't be better then others that way.

dieguarddie.png