Construction defeats most abyss pkers???

ok, so maybe it won't, but I figured that if I at least made the title that way, it would get some attention..... lol

So with the possibility of constructing a glory trophy at lvl 47 construction, does having this higher level of construction create a negative effect on abyss pkers??? I'll just state the obvious and say that yes I know it will not affect those who attempt to pk runecrafters for fun, but for those that pk for the rc'ers glories, etc... the ability to create a glory trophy creates this issue that runecrafters with 47+ construction will not need to carry a glory...

The ability to create a glory trophy literally makes it non-profitable to pk a runecrafter as a runecrafter can literally carry little more then the runes to tele to their house + their essence. The safest routes currently are the teleport to edge dungeon or using a dueling ring, and by using a glory trophy you can be rest assured of never losing more then 350 gp in items (not including the essence) to a pker. And not just that, but this method is also significantly faster depending on the location of your glory trophy in your house. (mine is in a room next to the portal).

My question is that do you think this will affect the amount of people attempting to abyss pk simply for the fact this option offers such a viable method for cheap, safe and quick runecrafting that it would be pointless to attempt to kill these runecrafters???

I think yes, mainly for those that pk for a profit, namely those trying to pk for glories, etc.... however as is the case, if you like to pk fun.... :P it wont stop you, so dont worry about this post in that case, but please comment on my question :)

thanks

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

All they've been getting from me is ess and a partly used ring of dueling.

I've been running up there naked and unarmed, with just a ring of duelling and ess. It just means I end up in Falador with no runes instead of atCastle Wars with runes.

No big deal.

It's much more likely to make it not worth the bother because so many people are doing construction instead of runecrafting, that there are very few victims.

hugh_mannity.png

Nice idea, but you lose more inventory space by carrying runes, rather than a equipped glory

Or you could bring a dueling ring, tele to castle wars etc. I dunno, if you have enough.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I never did understand how abbyss pking was profitable - wouldn't you keep the glory when you died?

but if there is danger of losing the glory, then this will be better.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Nice idea, but you lose more inventory space by carrying runes, rather than a equipped glory

Or you could bring a dueling ring, tele to castle wars etc. I dunno, if you have enough.

I actually bought a whole heap of dueling rings just before this update so that I could runecraft all the runes I needed for alching, however since I found this little side option and that it was faster, i think I just wasted a whole heap of cash on duel rings :(

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

I never did understand how abbyss pking was profitable - wouldn't you keep the glory when you died?

You can't keep anything because you become skulled when you enter the abyss.

um...it will use the same space as an ectophail - if u make, lets say, 100 tele house tablets, and use them, then u only need 1 slot.

the main problem i see is that its annoying to run all the way through my house to my quest hall, and u do lose 1 law, 1 earth and 1 air every trip, but if u glory all the way u lose nothing. It's like a bet - u rsik ur glory and dont waste laws, or u dont risk glory and do waste them - if ur gunna do it that way u mite as well use ancient magic tele to edgy, although it costs 1 more law.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

The abyss skulls you automatically and drains prayer to 0

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

i just made 1k nats using this method. It's nice, but a lil slower. if u have guests in ur house it speeds up the house loading time, so always have a few guests hwilst u do it.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Wow, makes you think what other "hidden" uses for items in the house are.

Actually at the top of the quest room section they talk about how good a glory in a box is, and they do that at the top of the other sections too, so there aren't many secrets :P

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

i just made 1k nats using this method. It's nice, but a lil slower. if u have guests in ur house it speeds up the house loading time, so always have a few guests whilst u do it.

nice jagex vocabulary :lol: (not laughing at you, just the actual usage)

as others have said, the same can be done using dueling rings, at a minor expense (unless you collect gem drops while you're training, or w/e)

being the combat level i am, i don't get bothered by abyss pkers very often, so it's just a waste of time for me. if they were a larger threat, i'd use dueling rings instead (that construction loading screen will be the death of me)

ubersig2se0.jpg

Actually it ' s possible to have your house located in Brimhaven, so if you wish to take an extra 15-30 seconds you could run to your house, thus allowing you to hold a full inventory of pouches/ess AND no runes/rings/glory.

Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?

Exactly...Several runecrafters have had an alternatative to glories anyway, the ancient magicks Paddewa teleport, yet they choose glories for the inventory space.

but you could instead use tablets, so it only takes up 1 space

alternatively, you can also use lyre, again only 1 space

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)