New POH scam

ugafan_2009

This happened to my friend earlier today which lost his obby shield. The scammer put his d chain on table. He asked my friend to put his obby shield. As soon as my friend did it, the scammer booted him out of house.

This may be old, I couldn't find it on search though.

WATCH OUT FOR IT!!!!!

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Yeah... everyone just remember that other person has the boot-out button, be careful in houses....

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I don't think this is something Jagex should fix though...why the hell would you place something on a table just because the house owner did. This reminds me of the alt+f4 scam or trust test. Pretty avoidable, this probably isn't a bug cause it happened voluntarily, it's a scam-as you said by the way. If it was a bug though Jagex should really stop leaving bugs out for people to find out about in a unfortunate encounter. Jagex did a great drop releasing POH's and everything and this isn't too be ungrateful. Why don't they atleast test their updates for all possible bugs before releasing it to players to get owned, even though it's kind of funny. The bug in Castle Wars where people in the Saradomin castle could fire at people in the bank should of been fixed before CastleWars was released. Shouldn't they think something like that could happen if the battleground is so close? When I got killed and lost my glory along with some other valuable items, I stopped playing for a couple of days..even though I laughed at it- it was messed up. They didn't even apologized for something that was their fault. That angered me the most.

I don't think this is something Jagex should fix though...why the hell would you place something on a table just because the house owner did. This reminds me of the alt+f4 scam or trust test. Pretty avoidable, this probably isn't a bug cause it happened voluntarily, it's a scam-as you said by the way. If it was a bug though Jagex should really stop leaving bugs out for people to find out about in a unfortunate encounter. Jagex did a great drop releasing POH's and everything and this isn't too be ungrateful. Why don't they atleast test their updates for all possible bugs before releasing it to players to get owned, even though it's kind of funny. The bug in Castle Wars where people in the Saradomin castle could fire at people in the bank should of been fixed before CastleWars was released. Shouldn't they think something like that could happen if the battleground is so close? When I got killed and lost my glory along with some other valuable items, I stopped playing for a couple of days..even though I laughed at it- it was messed up. They didn't even apologized for something that was their fault. That angered me the most.
I wasn't blaming Jagex for this. I also think he was being pretty dumb by doing this. I was just giving a heads up to all the tip iter to watch out for it.

ugafan2009.png

how does putting something on the table work? can't anyone else pick it up? if this is true i'm gonna have some fun with some noobs hehe :twisted: or does it just dissapear in 2 minutes?
Yes, other people can pick it up. My friend was in someone elses house, he put item on table, the person expeled him from house. Scammer picks up the item.

ugafan2009.png

In the knowladge base, jagex has a warning about drop parties like that. People bring items and drop them, then the owner expels them and gets all the stuff. This is pretty much the same thing, but smaller.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

whyn wouldnt he just take the chain? lol what is he on? I would take the chain.
I'm not sure, maybe the guy said he put the chain. I wasn't there, this is my friend's explanation of the event.

ugafan2009.png

I remember the alt + f scam, lost my addy pick to it back in rsc :cry:

I fell for that one, and the 'change your password to 'r2h' to get free rune' scam aswell. hope that scammer enjoyed logs and burnt shrimp :lol:

On Topic: And the list gets bigger...

whyn wouldnt he just take the chain? lol what is he on? I would take the chain.

I think when you put something on the table, it's similar when you drop something. Whatever you put on the table will be visible to other players after a few moments. I think he got booted before the chain became visible.

I'm reading all these scams using POH and it makes me sick how some people exploit the game. It's pretty sad. I hope the scammer got reported and banned.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

Another scam like this is:

Scammer1: Look if you put you're weapon on the table it floats! lol!

Scammer2: (Takes weapon off) lol it does!

You: (supposed to put weapon on table)

I almost fell for it. I put my weapon on the table, and took it off right before i got booted i got lucky :D

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

no offense to your friend but you would have to be pretty stupid to fall for that

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out