Shuriken maybe?

SHRUIKEN.

Shuriken are ninja stars. They were used thrown by ninjas and such and such. I dont care about backround. They are cool weapons.

My idea is to incorporate Shuriken into the RS world, because I feel that the ranged skill is definitely slacking.

(I am F2p, and not the best when i comes to strengths of P2p weapons, so bear with me.)

I think that they should be slightly stronger then Thrown Knives. They also have to be slightly slower then Knives to compensate for their strength.

They can be smithed also, at 2 levels higher then knives can be. There would be bronze, iron, steel, mith, addy, and rune. NO DRAGON! 10 Shuriken can be made per bar of metal.

They will obviously be members only, like Thrown Knives.

They are stackable, and held in your arrow slot. 1 in 6 will be lost when thrown, in comparison to 1 in 5 arrows shot.

Rune Shuriken have a special attack. Paralyze. Paraluze does what it says. It makes your opponent unable to move, fight back, or eat for 3 seconds. There are some drawbacks to the special though. In order for the special to work, you have to have done damage on the Shuriken thrown. If the Shuriken hits a 0, then your special bar depletes to half, and your opponent isn't paralyzed.

Shuriken will be sold at Ranged Stores in P2p only areas. The prices for Shuriken at Stores will be as followed:

Bronze:14-31 each (1400 in stock is maximum amount)

Iron:22-45 each (1200 in stock is maximum amount)

Steel:35-57 each (950 in stock is maximum amount)

Mith:49-72 each (800 in stock is maximum amount)

Addy:70-96 each (700 in stock is maximum amount)

(Rune Shuriken will not be sold in Store's. The only way to get Rune Shuriken is by buying them from another player, or from monster drops.)

I think that all monsters that drop Rune arrows, should also drop Rune Shuriken in the same ratios. (As I said earlier, I am F2p and not 100% sure on P2p stuff, like monsters that would drop Rune arrows.)

I thinkt that levels to weild the metals of Shuriken should be the same as to weild melee weapons. (i.e. lvl 1 for bronze and iron, lvl 5 for steel etc...)

If anybody could possibly suggest strength numbers for Shuriken, that would be great. I have absolutely no idea as to how strong knives are, lol.

Thanks for reading, flame on.

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

Shuriken stronger than throwing knives? Don't make me laugh.

In all their forms, shuriken were never intended as killing weapons. They were, at best, used as distractions when the user needed to make a quick escape or throw someone off-balance while they went in for the kill with a kama or some equivalent inconspicuous weapon.

Remember that ninja were never how they are portrayed in popular culture. They were farmers, artisans, and other sorts of poor people. They used weapons that could be disguised as normal tools. Shuriken were developed from a tool used for prying nails from boards. For use as weapons, the points of the tool - which need not even look like a star - are sharpened so that it sticks to objects when thrown, but it is nigh-impossible for anything as small and light as a shuriken to be able to deal lethal damage to anyone in a straight fight.

If you want to throw one, you need lots of practice to get it to stick. You want to throw two or more at a time, and you're looking at some extreme co-ordination issues. They're far too light to throw effectively at any notable range.

As far as thrown weapons go, daggers are FAR superior to shuriken.

boo-ya! naruto rules! but its really a crazy idea to have this in ... a game called runescape. there is no need, there are already both knives and darts, why the hassel? or maybe the more u train with shurikens, the more accurate you are. thus there will be shuriken pures.

In all their forms, shuriken were never intended as killing weapons. They were, at best, used as distractions when the user needed to make a quick escape or throw someone off-balance while they went in for the kill with a kama or some equivalent inconspicuous weapon.

Remember that ninja were never how they are portrayed in popular culture. They were farmers, artisans, and other sorts of poor people. They used weapons that could be disguised as normal tools. Shuriken were developed from a tool used for prying nails from boards. For use as weapons, the points of the tool - which need not even look like a star - are sharpened so that it sticks to objects when thrown, but it is nigh-impossible for anything as small and light as a shuriken to be able to deal lethal damage to anyone in a straight fight.

If you want to throw one, you need lots of practice to get it to stick. You want to throw two or more at a time, and you're looking at some extreme co-ordination issues. They're far too light to throw effectively at any notable range.

You bring up a very logical point. If you take a look at about 90% of a ninja's weaponry you will see how relevant it is to farming. This is because most ninja's were masters of disgauses and usually protected their "master" (i use that term loosely) undercover. Therefore when they were in their yard doing work for instance they could kill an intruder with a simple hoe or someting..

Gotta love change in continuaty over time baby...

-Junx

What did they disguise nunchakus(sp?) as?

Good point! :D

Junkyboy55, did the mace give prayer bonuses to medevil fighters? No. I think that what people believe is more important then what they really were. There were never any real mages. But there were really ninjas.

As I said..I am not familiar with P2p weaponry. If I knew the strengths of knives, or darts, then I would be able to appropriatley judge which strengths would be most suitable for the Shuriken.

Also, this is for discussion. So that you can help choose the levels, the strenghts, and everything else. Everything in my post is open to discussion, and is greatly appreciated.

Also, maybe they could make some type of Ninja clothing. Not very good in deffence obviously, and raises the damage done when using Shuriken, Knives, and/or Darts, but not any other ranged weapons such as bows. The clothing would be all black and the place of the helmet spot would be a veil, with a slit for the eyes.

Any type of ideas are welcome :D !

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

Ninja clothing is pretty much rogue gear so I'm not sure we need it.

If shuriken are going to be released they should be weapons that do minimal damage but maybe reduce run energy, representing the effects of having what in modern day terms is like having small bits of shrapnel sticking out of you, deadly no, painful yes.

And I think maces were the traditional weapon of the priest as they found the could attack but not with sharp weapons (some weird loophole). In one scene of the Bayeux Tapestry you happily see William's Bishop/Priest smacking someone on the head with it, so thats my theory of why maces give prayer bonuses. I know a bit off topic.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

actualy you need to have read the first few posts.NINJAS DID NOT LOOK LIKE WHAT WE PORTRAY THEM AS. they were simple dressed as farmers and or somone trying to work for a living. they looked like normal people and carred wepons entended to be used twords there profetion. i just wanted to clear things up.

actualy you need to have read the first few posts.NINJAS DID NOT LOOK LIKE WHAT WE PORTRAY THEM AS. they were simple dressed as farmers and or somone trying to work for a living. they looked like normal people and carred wepons entended to be used twords there profetion. i just wanted to clear things up.

Yes, but jagex does not really follow the path of history, if they were to make ninjas it is highly likely they'll be portrayed as they are in modern culture. The majority of players want to see people in black suits and masks killing people with "samurai swords" and throwing "ninja flying stars", not a bunch of farmers fighting with homemade weaponry. So if we ever get ninjas they'll look like how people think they look, so Jagex can make the most money.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

Yes, but jagex does not really follow the path of history, if they were to make ninjas it is highly likely they'll be portrayed as they are in modern culture. The majority of players want to see people in black suits and masks killing people with "samurai swords" and throwing "ninja flying stars", not a bunch of farmers fighting with homemade weaponry. So if we ever get ninjas they'll look like how people think they look, so Jagex can make the most money.

Thank you! Finally someone comes from my point of view.

I don't know about all of you guys, but when I think about ninjas, the first things that pop in my head, are images of black clothed assassins, not farmers :roll: .

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

Well it's not that really, I'm just saying Jagex will try and make the most money out of something and will go for popular beliefs over actual truth. Like the freminnik helms with horns, no true northman would of had one of those...

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

No... They are WAY too ninja for a medieval fantasy... Do us a favor... Go watch your anime shows and play Runescape seperately.

So... If Pro is the opposite of Con, does that mean that Congress is the opposite of Progress? ...?

i kinda like this idea..but yeha ninjas might be a lil out of date or ahead of time..

but im F2P also, so i dont like this idea becuz its member #-o

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

No... They are WAY too ninja for a medieval fantasy... Do us a favor... Go watch your anime shows and play Runescape seperately.

Don't be a stereotypical [wagon]. I actually don't watch any cartoons of any sort.

By the way, I don't remember anyone ever setting an actual time frame for this game, do you? For all we know, this game could take place in the future.

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

i think that a ninjitsu skill would be cool, with katanas, and other ninja weapons, and you could walk around with a ninja weapon but it wouldnt be seeable in game so you could sneak attack ppl in wildy

I Came, I Saw, I Ran (the person in the mirror pwns me)

although ninja may have started out as simple people, in the shogun era of japanese history they were mercanaries for different regions, kinda like samurai. Plus if a person using a shruikien was hiding close to the target a well thrown shot could hit in the juggular and kill :P HA!

I Came, I Saw, I Ran (the person in the mirror pwns me)

skrew ninja stuff, i think they should have a plumbing skill, and u could get mario bros. clothes `( ;]). forget all this other junk, fire flowers and a yoshi to ride! :twisted:

turn my headphones up! you herd! `( ;])

The problem is the concept of shurikens is too diverse from the rest of Runescape: it is like introducing Galaxy-Class Starships, except not so bad. The only way this will happen is if JAGeX introduced the "Eastern Lands" they promised before.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Also it states on the runescape official forums that stuff to do with ninjas will not be added.

So that means the "Eastern Lands" they promised will not be Japanese related? Then what... the Chinese do not have any impressive non-seige weaponary...

Oh wait. Who said there had to be new items?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~