DownRush [Digital Painting] - Finally finished, a must see!

Guest FireFreek

Guest FireFreek

downrushfinal.jpg

A waterfall in a forest, the water is splashing onto the rocks on the bottom left of the picture.

My second digital painting. This one took around 4 days to make, working hard the first day and then working a little each day after that.

Comments and Favs appreciated.

Leave a comment here, there, anywhere :lol:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9861558/

wow in PS! I thought it was a landscape program like Terragan and you used a filter in it to make it like an oil painting.

That is brilliant, definelty worthy of a shiny 10/10, still taen back you did that in PS

Hacked, gaining none buy-able skills.

Guest FireFreek
Is the oil/pastel effect a filter or did you paint it like that? Cuz that's very nice, great job.

~witty

It's kinda my style, I do alot of blurring as you can see on the rocks and the water and kept it sharp at the top. It's not really an effect, it's what it looks like before you smooth it all out but I like this style. Makes it look like an actual painting lol.

Thanks for the comments all! :-)

Awesome. Wish it were bigger. Would also be interested on a walkthrough on what techniques you used. Would make a good background for something else. I'd say you throw something completely awesome in the foreground. Finish it off.

I'm working on another panda this year and I would be interested in incorporating a technique somewhat like this into the background.

Again, Good job. :)

Guest FireFreek

Well there's not really much detail in the image, it is just basic digital painting and a little of my own brushing techniques. Start blank, do the base colours of everything, make new layers and do different shades of the base colour ect. It's just a process of going over and over and over the base colours until you feel it looks right. Then use sharpen and blur filters where needed.