The Party Hat

hobbies230

haha, yeh its crazy!!

the only reason i have mask and rares is so in a few months the prices will be up millions. huge profit and an easy way to make money for players that arent so rich. :) i would buy a rare right away because prices will be forever rising. :) plus they look cool being an old item and a phat cleary says "im rich"

:-P :!:

mysig11sv5.png

This thread is PERFECT! PARTY HATS ARE RUINING THE RUNESCAPE ECONOMY! When they came out they were worth 1k! not they're 1000x more. CRAZY! PPL SPEND YEARS TO GET 10M, THEN THEY BUY A PARTY HAT AND WHAT CAN THEY DO WITH THEM? NOTHING. IT'S JUST A STUPID USELESS HAT! Well, but i have to admit, they give good profits, altought they're useless.

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

They do, im jus mad because I sold my blue for 6.2 right after rs2 came out and quit, then came back and all the P hats were over 100 mill.

ya i remeber selling a santa for 250k and now they like 13mill+ But it doesnt matter too much right? Its just a game...

I think that it's stupid that Jagex stopped making the holiday items tradeable. It just discourages new players to join.

I don't see how it stopped new players from joining... I could, however, see it stopping people from making new accounts ansd getting many holiday items...

They showhow richa player is.

Actually - they were origanally invented to show/symoblise how long a player has/was playing for.

IF thats the case thats mentally challenged because ive played longer than ALOT of people playing now, if anyone remembers when P hats were 100 k and r2hswere 500 k , and the PINK (now known as purple) p hat was 500 k, thats how long ive been playing. 4 years+ i donno exaclty, and i still get called a noob lol

They were infact invented to symbolized the leangth a player had been playing. The fact that they became a symbol of wealth is a side effect of the fact that Jagex decided to make them tradeable (bad-idea). and the only reason you probly dont have is because you weren't there to recieve those items on those days.

haha, yeh its crazy!!

the only reason i have mask and rares is so in a few months the prices will be up millions. huge profit and an easy way to make money for players that arent so rich. :) i would buy a rare right away because prices will be forever rising. :) plus they look cool being an old item and a phat cleary says "im rich"

I would be a hypocrit if i said i wouldn't do that, because i would :lol: but I dont think we are meant to make our money by manipulating the market and following its prices, our wealth should be displayed and gathered by the skills we raise and the goals we accomplish.

This thread is PERFECT! PARTY HATS ARE RUINING THE RUNESCAPE ECONOMY! When they came out they were worth 1k! not they're 1000x more. CRAZY! PPL SPEND YEARS TO GET 10M, THEN THEY BUY A PARTY HAT AND WHAT CAN THEY DO WITH THEM? NOTHING. IT'S JUST A STUPID USELESS HAT! Well, but i have to admit, they give good profits, altought they're useless.

I can't say for sure weather or not they ruin the economy because i have never seen it run "properly". Party hats are not useless, even though it was probably never their intent they now symbolize wealth. Think of it this way, Party hats are like gold in real life, why get gold when steel will do? Because gold looks better.

K_Kazul.jpeg

They do, im jus mad because I sold my blue for 6.2 right after rs2 came out and quit, then came back and all the P hats were over 100 mill.

ya i remeber selling a santa for 250k and now they like 13mill+ But it doesnt matter too much right? Its just a game...

I think that it's stupid that Jagex stopped making the holiday items tradeable. It just discourages new players to join.

I don't see how it stopped new players from joining... I could, however, see it stopping people from making new accounts ansd getting many holiday items...

They showhow richa player is.

Actually - they were origanally invented to show/symoblise how long a player has/was playing for.

IF thats the case thats mentally challenged because ive played longer than ALOT of people playing now, if anyone remembers when P hats were 100 k and r2hswere 500 k , and the PINK (now known as purple) p hat was 500 k, thats how long ive been playing. 4 years+ i donno exaclty, and i still get called a noob lol

They were infact invented to symbolized the leangth a player had been playing. The fact that they became a symbol of wealth is a side effect of the fact that Jagex decided to make them tradeable (bad-idea). and the only reason you probly dont have is because you weren't there to recieve those items on those days.

haha, yeh its crazy!!

I would be a hypocrit if i said i wouldn't do that, because i would :lol: but I dont think we are meant to make our money by manipulating the market and following its prices, our wealth should be displayed and gathered by the skills we raise and the goals we accomplish.

I can't say for sure weather or not they ruin the economy because i have never seen it run "properly". Party hats are not useless, even though it was probably never their intent they now symbolize wealth. Think of it this way, Party hats are like gold in real life, why get gold when steel will do? Because gold looks better.

That last quote i liked.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((I can't say for sure weather or not they ruin the economy because i have never seen it run "properly". Party hats are not useless, even though it was probably never their intent they now symbolize wealth. Think of it this way, Party hats are like gold in real life, why get gold when steel will do? Because gold looks better.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

definnatly CORRECTO runescape is like another world.... lol

sig9gj.jpg

actually on the last statement i disagree completely. a party hat does not look cool. the new wooly hats, santa hats, cavaliers and pirate hats look way cooler. a party hat really isnt much to look at. plus if party hats were based on looks, then the red, yellow and white party hats would be the most expensive, because those colors go better with other cool gear much better than blue, which really doesnt look good with anything. its actually very plain. the only reason party hats are in demand is for its investment value

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

u sold a blue p hat 4 6.2 mil! ouch! i guess the guy who bought it is happy lol

haha yes i agree, but i think hes happier NOW..theyre like +400M lol

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

Wow, the whole phat inflation thing is really crazy. I still remember when the most expensive phat was only 500k give or take.....good times lol. When the phats inflate to 1bil, I wonder who is actually going to buy them.

Richies! :roll:

van.png

Any hockey fans out there who wants to chat, just send me a PM!!!

actually on the last statement i disagree completely. a party hat does not look cool. the new wooly hats, santa hats, cavaliers and pirate hats look way cooler. a party hat really isnt much to look at.

They aren't aesthetically breathtaking, no. Rather, I like to think that the "coolness" comes from the fact that you're wearing around more gold than 90% of the player base will ever have on your head. Now that's cool.

Agreed completely. It used to be perfectly equitable; you could wait until a drop, snatch up all you can and sit on it until you're worth ludicrous amounts of money, and this opportunity was available to all players! Now Jagex has abolished tradeable drops out of some sort of misguided sense of fairness. If I was a new player I'd be a lot more angry at Jagex for discontinuing drops and denying that opportunity to me that the people who already have rares.

Agreed completely. It used to be perfectly equitable; you could wait until a drop, snatch up all you can and sit on it until you're worth ludicrous amounts of money, and this opportunity was available to all players! Now Jagex has abolished tradeable drops out of some sort of misguided sense of fairness. If I was a new player I'd be a lot more angry at Jagex for discontinuing drops and denying that opportunity to me that the people who already have rares.

this is so short-sighted. people are constantly flocking into runescape. tradeable drops would mean more hoarding and selling for a profit for doing nothing. holiday items were never meant to be for investment purposes. when will that sink in? party hats, pumkins, easter eggs, santas and masks should have never been tradeable in the first place

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

this is so short-sighted. people are constantly flocking into runescape. tradeable drops would mean more hoarding and selling for a profit for doing nothing. holiday items were never meant to be for investment purposes. when will that sink in? party hats, pumkins, easter eggs, santas and masks should have never been tradeable in the first place

No, it's not short-sighted at all. In fact, it's just the opposite, tiger. More tradeable drops would only afford the same opportunity to new players as older players had: the opportunity to sit on an investment and make a ton of cash. It's really only fair to give new players the same chance. Ok, so Jagex never intended them to be worth jaw-dropping amounts of cash. Who cares? It doesn't matter what their intention was. What their intention was is completely irrelevant. What matters is how things actually turned out.

the reason i heard which explains why the price went up is that some people started buying up all the party hats and alching them so they became rarer...therefore putting the price up.

i also heard a funny story about a white phat merch who was AFK and got a random event. he died losing a full invy of white phats... :lol:

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

• 1 year later...

wo0o0ah this post was old but so many items are dropping in price now.

we are talking about holiday drop items and there decreasing bigtime. Any thoughts?

The lottery idea is cool but if they want to do anything like that, they cant have to many "give-away" events because it defeats the whole purpose of skilling and strategy in my opinion, though it would be nice to win 4 m =P~

sig9gj.jpg