Politics and Religion

wolfboy

I totally agree. The government is not in place to enforce Christian laws - the government is in place to enforce socially accepted laws.

the sad thing about that is that i bet if you just wnet out on the dtreets and took a poll, the christian thing would be found "socially acceptable"...

oh well...any countries which give right to my people? the day i turn 18 is the day i move out of this homophobic nation.

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing about that is that i bet if you just wnet out on the dtreets and took a poll, the christian thing would be found "socially acceptable"...

oh well...any countries which give right to my people? the day i turn 18 is the day i move out of this homophobic nation.

Canada (unfortunately they now have Stephen Harper, who is a social conservative), the Netherlands, Germany...basically any Western European country.

Avoid Iran, Saudi Arabia, El Salvador and the United States.

It's sad that I'm only being slightly facetious in that last line...

luxurymh4.jpg

Canada (unfortunately they now have Stephen Harper, who is a social conservative)

Nowadays the government seems to be giving into minority groups more and more, so it's no longer what the majority wants - all the government does (in Canada often) is to try and not tread on anyone's toes.

However, I don't know what you're complaining about with Stephen Harper - can you give me anything he has done that you disagree with? Or are you just opposed to social conservatists because it's socially acceptable, or "in", to do so?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Well her sister (catholic) just got married to another guy (atheist) and they got married in a church. However, this guy isn't as passionate an atheist as me. He's also not as strong willed.

What I don't like is that in situations like this it's almost always the atheist that has to compromise, not getting the wedding they want. She wants something religious - a ceremony in which I'd have to affirm things I know not to be true; I want a ceremony in which no reference to religion is made - it's not like I'll be asking her to affirm a disbelief in god.

On the other hand, she may really want to have the happiest day of her life blessed under the eyes of her God. Depending how deeply she believes, she'll almost certainly want to thank her Lord for the oppurtunity to spend the rest of her life with the one she loves. A Christian wedding is the perfect place to do that.

Don't hate me for this, just providing a discussion. (( have no religious intonnation)

Surely she could do that on her own? What would she gain by me doing it with her if she knows that my doing it would be insincere?

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want discussion on it.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Well her sister (catholic) just got married to another guy (atheist) and they got married in a church. However, this guy isn't as passionate an atheist as me. He's also not as strong willed.

What I don't like is that in situations like this it's almost always the atheist that has to compromise, not getting the wedding they want. She wants something religious - a ceremony in which I'd have to affirm things I know not to be true; I want a ceremony in which no reference to religion is made - it's not like I'll be asking her to affirm a disbelief in god.

Thats why i don't really like religions =\ Too complicated...

I think religions should be in our lives, but not ruin it.

I know there's a religion (dont know the name of it in english =\ ) Wich you cant have fun, litteraly (dont want to insult anyone) . You cant got to a party, Can't laugh too much.

I'm happy not to have an imposed religion.

I believe in something higher than us, but this entity lives in our hearts not in churches.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
Can't laugh too much.

I'd be interested if you could try and find the name of the religion that restricts your laughing...

Thats why i don't really like religions =\ Too complicated...

I think religions should be in our lives, but not ruin it.

I know there's a religion (dont know the name of it in english =\ ) Wich you cant have fun, litteraly (dont want to insult anyone) . You cant got to a party, Can't laugh too much.

I'm happy not to have an imposed religion.

I believe in something higher than us, but this entity lives in our hearts not in churches

First of all what is this religion of which you speak? There is no religion(maybe quaker) which dosent allow fun. Entities(aka God) is in our hearts but the Church is here on earth because Jesus set it here. It is here to guide us to the right path and i know it hasent ruined my life. WEll as you have a house shouldnt God be able to have one to were you can go visit him and talk with him ask things. The things about the Catholic Church is that it is unified. Hey maybe there is a branch of some chruch that calls itself a religion with 500 people and doesnt allow them to do anything. But all these Church's which have come off of diffrent churches are just images of curruption and greed of people who think they kno better than the church. Did you know that 1000 diffrent church come off other churchs a day in the United States alone? THink about that

Zam0whip o00- the rune pure I own

Stats: 79/80 attk 85/86 str 75/77 hp 43/45 def

D sccimes/longs PKed:19 Whips pked:1 Mauls:4

dds's pked :41 bloods:1045

mystic items:15 deaths:866

Surely she could do that on her own? What would she gain by me doing it with her if she knows that my doing it would be insincere?

It's a gesture. It shows you care enough to force your way through it for her, even if you don't believe. It shows you're putting her first, which is exactly the attitude that will make a good marriage.

Love isn't always logical. But it is selfless always.

summerpngwy6.jpg

the divorce rate is so high because a large portion of the people getting divorced are lazy.

back when they had arranged marriages people made it work.

up until recently, people for the most part made it work.

now, people are looking for a cinderella type of deal.

marriage is alot of work, even without kids. married people need to mature and realize marriage is a big part of life, and in life many problems occur.

this can also be seen in the 64% of people that are obese. they too are lazy. thats 50% divorced and 64% obese.

happiehour.jpeg

Guest GhostRanger
the divorce rate is so high because a large portion of the people getting divorced are lazy.

back when they had arranged marriages people made it work.

up until recently, people for the most part made it work.

now, people are looking for a cinderella type of deal.

marriage is alot of work, even without kids. married people need to mature and realize marriage is a big part of life, and in life many problems occur.

this can also be seen in the 64% of people that are obese. they too are lazy. thats 50% divorced and 64% obese.

That's because it use to be socially unacceptable to divorce and now it's socially acceptable. Has nothing to do with laziness, it's just that people can get divorced now and not looked down upon for it.

It seems kind of weird to me for her to not have a religious wedding, just the more I think about it the more it doesn't seem right. This is a 100% assumption on my part, but I'm going to take a huge leap and say that I don't think she's a very devout Catholic. :?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

No; she's not. She's "the right sort of religious" - where if I hadn't asked her I wouldn't have known. Her parents are slightly more religious and her grandparents still more (grandmother is a stereotypical Irish catholic).

No; she's not. She's "the right sort of religious" - where if I hadn't asked her I wouldn't have known.

So the "right sort of religion" is one that makes no difference in your lifestyle? :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

"The right kind of religion" is one that is personal and doesn't interfere with anyone else. I don't care if you believe something that I think is bunk, so long as it doesn't affect other people - when you start trying to 'save' people or waging wars in your god's name then up your flue with a billiard cue.

Guest GhostRanger
when you start trying to 'save' people

So there's something "wrong" about caring about people whom you loving, and therefore caring about their salvation? If someone believes when they die some are going to Heaven, and some are going to Hell - and they want the person they love to be in Heaven with them - that's wrong?

Yes. Merely wanting them to be in heaven with them isn't wrong; however assaulting their partner's beliefs IS wrong. By trying to 'save' someone you are telling them that their beliefs are wrong, you are assaulting their decisions and calling their judgement into question.

My girlfriend doesn't try to 'save' me from not believing just as I don't try to save her from wasting her time believing in claptrap. I don't go around telling her what she believes is false because it is just plain rude and unprovoked. The same is true for her. The reason I will attack religion here is because it is in a discussion, both sides know what to be prepared for.

Besides which it is futile anyway - if she thinks I'll go to hell for not believing she might try to 'save' me, telling me to believe or else I'll go to hell. However I'd only be afraid of hell if I was already a believer, rendering her efforts pointless.

But she doesn't, because she's understands that it would be rude.

Yes. Merely wanting them to be in heaven with them isn't wrong; however assaulting their partner's beliefs IS wrong. By trying to 'save' someone you are telling them that their beliefs are wrong, you are assaulting their decisions and calling their judgement into question.

Haha oh man, does it really hurt your ego that much when your judgement is called into question?

My girlfriend doesn't try to 'save' me from not believing just as I don't try to save her from wasting her time believing in claptrap. I don't go around telling her what she believes is false because it is just plain rude and unprovoked. The same is true for her. The reason I will attack religion here is because it is in a discussion, both sides know what to be prepared for.

All this says to me is, "My girlfriend is not a very religious person."

But she doesn't, because she's understands that it would be rude.

Well, we obviously have different definitions of the word 'rude'.

I'm glad you of all people, get to decide that there is a right and a wrong way to be religious. I mean, you should know right? Being that very Godly person that you are, and having experienced both sides of the spectrum.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Haha oh man, does it really hurt your ego that much when your judgement is called into question?

It's got nothing to do with my ego. How would you feel if your partner kept trying to persuade you to not believe in god? It would annoy you. Idiot.

All this says to me is, "My girlfriend is not a very religious person."

Captain Obvious to the rescue! I had in fact already said words to that effect after you questioned me the first time. Idiot.

I'm glad you of all people, get to decide that there is a right and a wrong way to be religious.

Ever heard of an opinion? Idiot. That's why I put it in quotes.

I mean, you should know right? Being that very Godly person that you are, and having experienced both sides of the spectrum.

You know so much about my life, I should probably consult you for all my major decisions. In fact I was brought up religious in primary school as at least 90% of all kids in the UK are. You sure have a habit of assuming a lot about people. Idiot.

It's not my fault you're too stupid to understand the concept of empathy & that not everyone believes the exact same thing that you do.

Now shut up, kthxbai.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. kthxbai.

I actually just wrote an entire reply to your post, quoting specific things and responding to them. But once I realized that you wrote these four things, I decided to delete the entire post, and write about how big of a moron you are.

You are the biggest online moron that I have ever come across.

Thanks; reciprocated. I feel sad though because before I hit submit for each post I stop and think "would this gain me the respect of a 16 year old kentuckyan?".

I only drop to your level when required to - however I don't have to resort to profanity.

Guest GhostRanger
Thanks; reciprocated. I only drop to your level when required to - however I don't have to resort to profanity.

Haha. There's always a way out for you when you start dropping the insults, isn't there?

Wasn't it you that on page 2 got mad at me for insulting you? And here you are calling MPC an idiot over and over in a post. But of course, when YOU do it, there's always a reason it's not as bad.

"Oh, ignorant isn't an insulting word in that particular context even though it comes across insulting."

"Oh, well I might have insulted you this time, BUT AT LEAST I didn't use profanity."

You have lost ALL credibility when calling out someone for "insulting" you. As you would say,

That's low.

Frankly, I think you both need to grow up.

Frankly, I think you both need to grow up.

You miss my point - I don't consider him worthy of intelligent discussion or my respect as I might you or Insane (which is why you'll notice I don't talk to either of you like that). I know exactly what I'm doing, I know I'm being a hypocrite, I know it is being insulting and it is all deliberate.

I reserve my right to act like a moron, I get great pleasure out of it at times like this.

It's got nothing to do with my ego. How would you feel if your partner kept trying to persuade you to not believe in god? It would annoy you. Idiot.

Well, it wouldn't really make me that mad. I mean if this is a real question, then it wouldn't bother me. I would realize that it meant a lot to them, and probably take a lot of time to try to understand both sides of it. I'm not saying that you don't understand both sides of it, but that's just what I would do.

Captain Obvious to the rescue! I had in fact already said words to that effect after you questioned me the first time. Idiot.

Whoops! I didn't know that I couldn't repeat myself. I won't do it ever again.

Ever heard of an opinion? Idiot. That's why I put it in quotes.

An opinion? You mean the thing that you're flaming me for expressing? Yeah I know what that is.

You know so much about my life, I should probably consult you for all my major decisions. In fact I was brought up religious in primary school as at least 90% of all kids in the UK are. You sure have a habit of assuming a lot about people. Idiot.

Sorry for assuming, that was my bad.

But judging by ...hmmm... everyone in the UK that I have meant, that's very suprising.

It's not my fault you're too stupid to understand the concept of empathy & that not everyone believes the exact same thing that you do.

Actually, I just didn't know you had any in you. Empathy is a concept that is very easy for me to understand. And I don't mind at all that people don't believe the same thing as me. As you can see, I'm not the one trying to convince people one way or the other in the 85 page long Religion topic.

Now shut up, kthxbai.

Okay, homie. :P