Teleport to Friend

Lep

This is an alright idea, but i have a suggestion for it.

Before you teleport, You have the ption to 'Veiw Freind' where you can see what your freind is doing before you tele. And, your freind also has to accept the teleportaion. Ie, you want to tele to your freind, you veiw what he is doing, then accept, Then on your freinds screen this pops up: *name* wants to teleport to you, do you accept? Yes No.

Therefore, people cant lure someone else (unless their stupid and dont veiw first) and you cant annoy other people because theyd have to accept.

l33t_necroh.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument that certain zones are attuned through the abyssal plane is an interesting theory, but it really doesn't hold much weight. The entire land is magical. Random event NPC's can teleport anywhere (as stated by someone else), for example.

I suggest you re-read my restriction list in my previous post in this thread. Yeah, there are restrictions, but I believe these restrictions are reasonable and manageable.

I've proposed before (a long time ago, in the RS suggestion forums), the capability to do coordinate teleporting. The same restrictions as described before apply to this idea as well.

- Sligo

That is a very good point. If all of the land of Runescape wasn't magical, how would mages cast spells there? Sure, the runes store the magical energy, but without a proper conduit, it can't be released! So this obviously supports your idea Sligo.

very bad idea:

player1: stands near the kq

player2: wants to buy a phat

player1: ok i sell you my phat, tele to me

player2: ok (and teles)

player2: dead and not happy

player1: not dead and happy

also you could get in every guild if there is just someone in it

Make a restricition (let's say a "scry block") so you couldn't tele to guilds and areas you can't normally get into. I mean this totally makes the "teleblock" spell worth it!

As for lvl 20+ wildy, you can't tele there or away from there now, so why would you be able to tele there if they add this spell???

teleport 2 freind could be good and bad... either way it is 2 complicated, the existing private messaging system is probably hard enough for a server 2 do and tele 2 freind would be a nightmare 4 jagex 2 make happen and introduce

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

teleport 2 freind could be good and bad... either way it is 2 complicated, the existing private messaging system is probably hard enough for a server 2 do and tele 2 freind would be a nightmare 4 jagex 2 make happen and introduce

true, it would be nice tho

Firstly, as someone said the teleport to a friend thing could be easily abused to make quick money, like crafting runes or whatever.

Secondly, someone said something about the nature of other MMORPGs able to teleport everywhere. Might I remind you they are SHORT RANGED teleports, not LONG RANGED.

And the places random events teleports you to are still fixed.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Firstly, as someone said the teleport to a friend thing could be easily abused to make quick money, like crafting runes or whatever.

Secondly, someone said something about the nature of other MMORPGs able to teleport everywhere. Might I remind you they are SHORT RANGED teleports, not LONG RANGED.

If you have ever read any books concerning arcane magic in RPG games, you would know that mages can teleport long distances, and even to other dimensions. And as for the "make money fast" part, what's wrong with that?? It's no different than having a friend tag along so he can take the crafted runes back to the bank, then he brings more rune ess back while you craft some more.

Only problem would be people like zezima would have 1000 people every time he turned private on.

Lol that would be kinda funny. But remember, he would have to accept the other player teleporting (or so 133t_necroh said). It would be the best idea. Still though, it would be hilarious to see zezima get swarmed by ppl.

Only problem would be people like zezima would have 1000 people every time he turned private on.

Lol that would be kinda funny. But remember, he would have to accept the other player teleporting (or so 133t_necroh said). It would be the best idea. Still though, it would be hilarious to see zezima get swarmed by ppl.

The penalty of being #1, I guess.

I'm playing a live rpg where one of the characters has teleport ability. 26 million miles is his range. The only requirement is that he has to be familiar with the target location. Since the game is set in present day, we just pull up google maps and whoosh!

Like I said before, the best way to prevent abuse of this is to limit the teleportation to ground level targets only. Except in the wilderness, there are no particularly dangerous, aggressive monsters on ground level. The level 20 restriction on wilderness teleporting limits those aggressive monsters to level 79 green dragons.

So, ammend my previous post to say that if the target is in the wilderness (levels 1-20), you get a message when you cast the spell that simply says, "Target location is in the wilderness, you sure you want to go there? Yes/No" Don't say it can't be done - note the message you get when you trade in the wilderness.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

If you have ever read any books concerning arcane magic in RPG games, you would know that mages can teleport long distances, and even to other dimensions. And as for the "make money fast" part, what's wrong with that?? It's no different than having a friend tag along so he can take the crafted runes back to the bank, then he brings more rune ess back while you craft some more.

You don't get it, do you?

You could have two friends: one at bank and another at the Rune Altar. All you have to do is teleport between them back and fowards.

As for the logistics issue, what "other RPGs" say is not really that important, for this is a separate RPG called "Runescape" where there is no short distance teleports, only to specific dimensional points. A few million shifting dimensional points simply would not do, unless it is short-distanced where you could simply phase quickly into the Abyssal Dimension and back again.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

You could have two friends: one at bank and another at the Rune Altar. All you have to do is teleport between them back and fowards.

As for the logistics issue, what "other RPGs" say is not really that important, for this is a separate RPG called "Runescape" where there is no short distance teleports, only to specific dimensional points. A few million shifting dimensional points simply would not do, unless it is short-distanced where you could simply phase quickly into the Abyssal Dimension and back again.

You spelled Abyssmal wrong. Yes, it's pronounced Abyssmal because D&D made the Abyss up. And it does matter what the older RPG's say because if it weren't for them the idea of Runescape wouldn't exist, so Runescape wouldn't either.

Ok let me explain magic AGAIN! Teleportation doesn't work in "phasing in and out of the abyssmal dimension". that's not how it works. despite the ideas that many people have, teleportation works like this-

A pre-set location is the most common. In this case, you are right. HOWEVER, a mage could easily scry the location of his destination and thus know it. And as sligo said, if you know it, you can teleport there. This is completely logical, as a mage can teleport to a known location.

study magic for a few more months

Too bad Runescape Teleportation doesn't work that way. And the Runescape spelling is "Abyssal". But that is all irrelevant.

You haven't answered my most important question: how it could be abused.

Don't post just to spite me, I know you don't like me because I disagreed with your idea back there on the Stealth Skill, but please don't bring personal issues into fair debates.

And don't double post.

~Toxicologist~

What's "double post"?? Maybe I am an idiot....

You made the personal issues come up when you called me an idiot. That's personal.

Runescape teleporting doesn't make logical sense. I don't care how fast you phase in and out of the Abyss, you can't survive all 666 layers of it. 666 layers of fire, anguish, and pain.

Yeah, it could be abused really badly, but I don't care about that. People abuse lots of things, and I really don't care. The only time I care is when ppl macro and steal my ore.

Spite?? OK whatever, you called me an idiot.

Fair debates?????? Ok here's a fair debate, THE ONE YOU DON'T MAKE FUN OF SOMONE IN!!!!!!!!!! Yer probably like a college grad, how would I know what "idiocy" is? I had to look it up!!!!

Dude, i can see so many ways of this being abused.

Example:

Friend 1 stands in any bank.

Friend 2 stands in nature altar.

You *teleport to friend at bank*

Get essence

*teleport to friend at altar*

Rinse and repeat.

You could also do it without friend at bank, just use a glory amulet or dueling ring to castlewars.

If they ever made this spell it would need some MAJOR restrictions.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Which, after all the restrictions, probably less than 10% of Runescape would be "Friend Teleportable". Posssibly much less.

~Toxicologist~

i dont really like sligo restrictions 'cept for a few of em, but maybe this will work but they'd make it so that when you chose to cast the spell, and chose your friend to tele to, the target person would be sent a message asking them if they accept you tele-ing to them. Like the accept and decline option for trades.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

Ahh, but you can hardly solve the abuse problem. This spell is very, very easily abused for mega-fast training or ambush Pking, etc.

~Toxicologist~

This idea has one MAJOR flaw...

Someone can go to an altar, go to a mine, go to a respawn point of an item, and have another account of theres just waiting there so they can tele back and fourth. It would make power training and alot of other training too easy. People would abuse it beyond believe.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

In that case, 90% of Runescape would not be "Friend Teleportable". That is an exaggeration, of course; but you get the idea. The best way to tackle this is: don't implement it. Too troublesome for JAgeX: they will get tons of emails saying "0m9 1 s4w p30pl3 u51n9 fr13nd t313p0rt t0 d0 thu5 and thu5 J493x f1x th15!!!"

~Toxicologist~