Teleport to Friend

Lep

I got to thinking, if you ever want to see a friend real fast that you havn't seen in a while, or something of the sort, what if you could teleport to them?

First of all, they'd have to have you added, and you have them added. Also, they'd have to be online, and you'd have to be in the same world, and you cannot teleport to them if they're certain places, like a place only 1 person can see themselves. (Eg. 100th quests dining room)

Requirements

54 Magic

2 Laws

1 Air

1 Earth

1 Body

You would have to type in the exact name of the friend after clicking the teleport icon.

The reason for 54 Magic, is because the lower levels who if it being their first time playing, should still have the chance to exlpore, instead of teleporting everywhere. And I'm aware that if it's your first time playing, you'll have a hard time rising magic, so by the time they have 54, they should be at least 50. Although, I still had about 50 magic at level 90 lol.

I don't know what the picture should be for it, or if it should be p2p and require an easy quest or not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that si a great idea if you need to do some quick trades

but it also atract lurers that say like they are in lumb but are at greaters in wildy and then kill you :(

Lol that would be kinda funny, unless you had like full rune or something.....

100th quest dining room?

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I dunno about this, there are so many ways it could be abused. IF it were to happen, they would have so many restrictions you wouldn't believe it. Because of course, you would not be allowed to tele to the wilderness, the abyss, anwhere with a quest requirement, guilds, dungeons, anywhere near a runecrafting alter, houses, and so on. by the time you get it down to only going places that wouldn't be abused, you might as well just use conventional teleport spells to get around.

I dunno about this, there are so many ways it could be abused. IF it were to happen, they would have so many restrictions you wouldn't believe it. Because of course, you would not be allowed to tele to the wilderness, the abyss, anwhere with a quest requirement, guilds, dungeons, anywhere near a runecrafting alter, houses, and so on. by the time you get it down to only going places that wouldn't be abused, you might as well just use conventional teleport spells to get around.

A very good point. I'm a nonmember, so all the towns are really close together. There's no real point of teleporting.

It would be nice though, in the occasional instance in which you must get there very fast, but that's just a waste of runes.

P.S: where do you get laws on a nonmember's world???

If it could be implemented properly that'd be cool, but as it has been said before there would be a lot of restrictions.

P.S: where do you get laws on a nonmember's world???

I've gotten a ton from moss giants and dark wizards, like 250ish.

pcingbs6.jpg

Goals: 80/80 Range, 75/90 Strength, 77/85 Attack, 64/76 Fishing and crafting 31k natures (o.O)

Great idea, would be more easy to check on friends, lol(or stalk them for fun! :twisted: ).

But should only be able if the 2 players have their private chat ON or on FRIENDS, and have eachother in their friendslist , and what you said.

hehe, making my friend crazy, lol, stalking him, over and over, so funny! :twisted: Then just to collect some laws.

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

I like the idea, but there are some caveats I'd add to it:

1. Level 85, not level 58. It needs to be the highest level teleport self spell.

2. 4 laws, 2 souls, 3 airs. The two souls make it an expensive spell to cast, so it would only be used sparingly.

3. You would not be able to use the spell in the following conditions:

a. Target location is in the wilderness deeper than level 20

b. Target is somewhere you can't go (due to skill/level/quest experience/etc)

c. The target is not on ground level (i.e. can't teleport into a dungeon, to the abyss, etc)

d. The target is within 25 squares of an existing teleport target area.

e. Can't teleport into a mini-game area.

Here's the reasons for the restrictions:

a. Pretty obvious - you can't teleport out of the wildy from there either.

b. Again obvious - if you haven't done legends, you can't tele into legends guild

c. Must be ground level - this makes it used for the right reasons mostly. Keeps you from teleporting past the entrance of the brimhaven dungeon, for example.

d. Why not just use that teleport instead?

e. Again, pretty obvious.

This spell would not require a quest to unlock. It would be interesting, though, if you had to do a cooperative mini-game with this player before you can use it with him or her.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

bad idea because there would be too many restictions. If you want to meet with someone you can both just tele to the same place. This spell would only be used to annoy people/scam people/annoy people more.

If this happend my ignore list would be full

Drgnriderx11.png

bad idea because there would be too many restictions. If you want to meet with someone you can both just tele to the same place. This spell would only be used to annoy people/scam people/annoy people more.

Oh yeah, I nvr thought of both ppl teleporting to the same place........

lol

The problem with this skill is that it is too easily abused. You could have someone in like Castle Wars, Dagannoth Kings, Fight Caves, etc. and then everyone else teleport to his/her location. If not controlled, it could also be used for stalking and killing in the Wilderness, and besides it is not exactly logical.

You may teleport to specific locations because they hold powerful magical bonds to the Abyssal Dimension. I doubt one person could do that wherever they go...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

yes, im sure everyone there will be loads of peoplewilling to stop what they are doing, waste runes, just to telly to YOU!

Actually, if people can waste their time to follow you around laughing at you, they can just randomly teleport to you.

But that is why this is a high level spell, so as to restrict its useage by stupid idiots.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Yeah, it's a great idea

Needs a lil' tweeking though. Like the first poster said, what if they said they were in Lumbridge and you teled to the Greaters?

DEFINITELY p2p, although f2p deserves some updates too. I mean, 60 bank spaces...grr...

Anyway maybe there could be a system for knowing where you friend is? So you don't like, tele to Greaters or similar.

Great idea! =D>

Great idea? I'm afraid you are mistaken. Think about people teleporting to their victim and PK them, or some guy wandering about the Wilderness, you attack him, and like five friends teleport in and kill you.

It is also unlogical. You simply can't teleport to a non-fixed location in a logical sense... think about it. There is no random teleport spells in Runescape (apart from the ones Randoms use, which is still quite fixed).

~Toxicologist~

The argument that certain zones are attuned through the abyssal plane is an interesting theory, but it really doesn't hold much weight. The entire land is magical. Random event NPC's can teleport anywhere (as stated by someone else), for example.

I suggest you re-read my restriction list in my previous post in this thread. Yeah, there are restrictions, but I believe these restrictions are reasonable and manageable.

I've proposed before (a long time ago, in the RS suggestion forums), the capability to do coordinate teleporting. The same restrictions as described before apply to this idea as well.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

make it to friends only... (in friend list or friend on) and it would be realy easy to travel around... like getting past some hard to kill monsters at low lvl... just let a friend walk there and tele to him... and some training places will get verry crowed... cuz you dont need to walk to it any more... you just need to have a friend and tele to it... and after you are teles to him he could restock and tele to you... uhm i like the idee... but it has many problem points...

and ppl can get scammed for rlly mutch with it... just say ill buy your blue phat on the forum... and add me... just tele to me... and then... im fighting something like blk dragons... and the blue phat dude get owned 100%...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

very bad idea:

player1: stands near the kq

player2: wants to buy a phat

player1: ok i sell you my phat, tele to me

player2: ok (and teles)

player2: dead and not happy

player1: not dead and happy

also you could get in every guild if there is just someone in it

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Great idea? I'm afraid you are mistaken. Think about people teleporting to their victim and PK them, or some guy wandering about the Wilderness, you attack him, and like five friends teleport in and kill you.

It is also unlogical. You simply can't teleport to a non-fixed location in a logical sense... think about it. There is no random teleport spells in Runescape (apart from the ones Randoms use, which is still quite fixed).

It sure would teach them a lesson if they teled to a pker. As for the "unlogical" part, if you have ever played other fanatasy RPG games (besides Runescape) you know that teleportaion can also be achieved if you can see the area you are teleporting to. So if you can scry (magically see a person or place, even if you are miles away) the area, you can teleport there. Not so unlogical now, is it?

i like this idea but i suggest it should be F2P and P2P..

Well i know the towns are really close together in F2P places, but its a pain to walk to them

i would say lvl 60 mage and 3 laws, 2 bodies, 1 fire and..1 earth? :P

~Ray

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg