Punk?

TheDecline

Does anyone here listen to real punk? Bad Religion, Nofx, The Misfits, Lars Fredriksen and the bstrds, Old Rancid, Iggy Pop, Propagandhi, or Dead Kennedy's? I know I left a lot of bands out, but I'm just trying to get the point across. If you listen to any of them, post your favorite song by them. If you have broadband/cable/dsl, I can also find rapidshare or other ftp links for albums. Since I have downloaded a lot of them already and know where they are.

My favorite songs by some of these groups.

Nofx- Drugs are good

Bad Religion - 21st century digital boy

Social Distortion - Angels Wings

Iggy Pop - 1969

Lars Fredriksen and the bstrds - To have and to have not

Propagandhi - rock for substainable capitalism

The Misfits - where eagles dare

Rancid - Lock Step and gone

I listen to bad religion and NoFX sometimes, but thats where I stop in punk. I'm a metal kind of person, but I can't argue that bad religion is a great band.

I listen to a band called Capdown alot, however they are a bit more ska than punk, but ah well..

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

NOFX - the war on errorism

Bad Religion - all ages

those are the two punk cds i had up until yesterday, when my cousin came home i got a lot. the pixies, rancid, nofx, bad religion, misfits, sex pistols were all the different bands he gave me. also suggested the unseen, and dead kennedys. i think he and you would like similar things :D

EDIT: your (the topic starters) name is TheDecline, im assuming that is because of the 18 minute NOFX song? i havent heard it yet, but i put it on one of the cds. and i mentioned the pixies in the list of bands, im not sure exactly if he said they were punk or not. having not listened to them yet, i dont know.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

NOFX - the war on errorism

Bad Religion - all ages

those are the two punk cds i had up until yesterday, when my cousin came home i got a lot. the pixies, rancid, nofx, bad religion, misfits, sex pistols were all the different bands he gave me. also suggested the unseen, and dead kennedys. i think he and you would like similar things :D

EDIT: your (the topic starters) name is TheDecline, im assuming that is because of the 18 minute NOFX song? i havent heard it yet, but i put it on one of the cds. and i mentioned the pixies in the list of bands, im not sure exactly if he said they were punk or not. having not listened to them yet, i dont know.

The pixies aren't punk, and they are kinda ga7, not their music buy themselves. I love their music, but I seen a music video and they had on dresses and makeup and they wear make up alot i've seen so idk. But I still like their music. And yes my name is a reference to Nofx - The Decline, a very good song.

NOFX rules. :D

Btw would MxPx be punk, i've been told they are.

I don't like them, they are kinda punk, but I don't consider them to be. Just like nowadays I don't consider rancid to be punk after they did that fall down song

I listen to Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Rise Agaisnt, The Ramones, Sex pistols, Anti-Flag, Crass, The Casulties, Conflict, Butthole Surfers, The Misfits, Thought Riot. Theres a few more that i cant think of right now.

Out of those Butthole Surfers are my favorite. My chemistry teacher even listens to them.

Dog Eat Dog, Dropkick Murphy's, Floggin Molly, Greenday (Dookie!), Anti Flag, Real McKenzies, Placebo (in their punk period), Black Flag, the Offspring, de Heideroosjes and of course The Sex Pistols and the Ramones. That's all the punk on my pc there is.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Dog Eat Dog, Dropkick Murphy's, Floggin Molly, Greenday (Dookie!), Anti Flag, Real McKenzies, Placebo (in their punk period), Black Flag, the Offspring, de Heideroosjes and of course The Sex Pistols and the Ramones. That's all the punk on my pc there is.

I like placebo.

Going to see Social D next Sunday in PDX...I'm very excited!

This is a great week for new album releases:

Good Riddance - My Republic (bought it at lunch today...very good)

Billy Talent II

Rise Against - new comes out on the 4th

as a recommendation: Bigwig - Reclamation...rocks! Best album of the year so far.

I'll take this opportunity to say myspace is awesome for finding new bands. My hard drive now contains 300+ punk bands

I like placebo.

I'll tell Brian hi from you tomorow.

http://www.rockwerchter.be ;)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

glad to see a fan of true punk, and not claiming emo is true punk:roll: ,

i wouldnt consider myself a true punk fan, but i love The Misfits, Suicidal Tendencies, NOFX, Dead kennedy's, (old) Green Day, Sex Pistols, MC5's, Stooges, black flag, ramones and rise against

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Going to see Social D next Sunday in PDX...I'm very excited!

This is a great week for new album releases:

Good Riddance - My Republic (bought it at lunch today...very good)

Billy Talent II

Rise Against - new comes out on the 4th

as a recommendation: Bigwig - Reclamation...rocks! Best album of the year so far.

I'll take this opportunity to say NotSafeForYou is awesome for finding new bands. My hard drive now contains 300+ punk bands

Awesome. Social distortion kicks @ss. I'll find that Bigwig album, aren't they on kungfu?