Good firefox add-ons

magictv

I'd definitely recommend IE View. It lets you load the site you're viewing in Internet Explorer. It's useful for those IE-only websites. Maybe it's just that I'm lazy.. but it's definitely useful! :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Text will probably not look right. Unfortunatly IE is not fully compatable with CSS which has been in use in other browsers and a standard of the w3c for years. People code for IE not to web standards so sometimes things look odd in proper browsers. However this is becoming increasingly rare now with many websites now using more efficient code

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

FLASHBLOCK

Flashblock (available at http://flashblock.mozdev.org/) is probably the single most useful extension I've ever found. It prevents embedded flash movies from loading automatically, instead replacing them with a little button you can click on to let them play. For instance, take that god-awful screaming smiley ad Tip.it runs: I don't see it any more, because it's flash and Flashblock takes care of it!

Fasterfox: Speeds up the firefox browser. here

Forecastfox: Tells you what the weather is outside. here

Videodownloader: Downloads videos from popular websites. here

PDF download: Veiw pdf files in your browser window, instaid of downloading them. here

I agree with Artie 900, flashblock does rule.

goldenblade995.png

Ah ha downloading now, thanks. :)

How will I know if a page isn't firefox compatible will it just like be blank and the text out of place and stuff?

Sometimes it'll just say. "IE 6.0 is required for this site". Like the Yahoo! launch website for example.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

My favorite is Adblock: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/10/

DownThemAll https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/201/

and

HTML Validator https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/249/

can come in handy.

One warning; adding lots of extensions can make firefox use significantly more computer resources, which can be a problem if you have a slower computer (like I do :P ).

Fasterfox is awful and messes up loading websites with lots of images on, even when set to be turned off.

Chattytunes is good to control ure music from your browser tho

Greasemonkey for running external scripts to change the layout/add features to your favourite websites

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Fasterfox is awful and messes up loading websites with lots of images on, even when set to be turned off.

It does? I never heard of that before. Come to think of it I have had some problems with images loading but never realy looked into it. Guess that solves my problem, thanks :) .

goldenblade995.png

i prefer session saver... i sometimes ahve 30-50 tabs open and will loose them if it crashes :) but i keep about 5 tabs open to my fav pages

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Ironic that most of the extensions you're recommending come standard in Opera, in a faster, smaller original package..

*whistles and walks off*

yeah.. opera is good but very bad documentation on some features.. but still its a good browser from what i hear

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

If you want to take your browsing to the next level, get All-in-one mouse gestures. I can't live without them. Install, and you'll see what I mean.

Other useful:

SearchPluginHacks lets you remove search engines from the search bar.

VideoDownloader, as others have said, is nice b/c you can download pretty much any embedded video from any webpage.

IETab does what IEView does but puts it in a firefox tab!

1-Click weather gives you the weather in a pretty much otherwise unused bottom bar.

View Source Chart for pseudo developers. Basically does what "View Page Source" does but provides code folding (meaning you can minimize elements of html, etc) and is nicely colour coded.

Session Manager is useful but often annoying. I stopped using.

• 2 weeks later...

If you use webmail, webmailcompose is awesome. Gmail notifier, Yahoo notifier, etc. depending on your particular service.

Delicious Delicacies is a must have! :D

BBCodeXtra is great for inserting BBCode (and x/html) with the context menu.

As already mentioned, Flashblock is great (I disagree with adblock because many sites (ie. tip.it) rely on advertising revenue to survive)

Imagebot is one I love for uploading lots of images to imageshack.

The list goes on, there are loads of extensions which are great for speicifc purposes - website integration, web development, etc.

I won't talk about themes since it's far more related to opinion and how you like your art.