Second Pixel Sig - And help

Adam007

Ok, first here's my sig.

snowhiqualityjpg.jpg

Only problem is that if you check properties, it's over the 30k sig limit somehow. I saved it in photoshop, but it still looks bad as a medium quality jpg. Here it is in a high quality jpeg. If anyone could format it to fit the guidelines, and not lose quality, that'd be great. I worked on it for a long time, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with the size limits.

Oh, and let me know how it is for my second pixel art. :D

gif is the best for pixel. And if you have photoshop use it, instead of paint. Replace the blackoutlines with a darker color of the inside. And theres no shading on the wooly mammoth and other stuff. Also the wizard's pose is a bit off. Do it yourself in the mirror or something and change it to that.

gr454rc.gif

It's ok, but like Twinki said: more shading. Also, if you are going to shade the snow, use only one color. Snow always shades in the same color no matter where you are. You have grey and blue shading for the snow, I suggest sticking with blue as in RL it's blue. Use a less bright blue. I have a hint that you may have looked at my sigs and seen the snow shading and when people step on it. The rocks seem to be randomly spotted with shade but look more like giant bird eggs.

The Mamoth (sp?) needs more shading. Unless you want the cape to look frozen solit, make it more wavy and with shading. Make the mamoth lighter in color so you can see the lines and shading in it. Add some blood if the mamoth is dead already.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

It's ok, but like Twinki said: more shading. Also, if you are going to shade the snow, use only one color. Snow always shades in the same color no matter where you are. You have grey and blue shading for the snow, I suggest sticking with blue as in RL it's blue. Use a less bright blue. I have a hint that you may have looked at my sigs and seen the snow shading and when people step on it. The rocks seem to be randomly spotted with shade but look more like giant bird eggs.

The Mamoth (sp?) needs more shading. Unless you want the cape to look frozen solit, make it more wavy and with shading. Make the mamoth lighter in color so you can see the lines and shading in it. Add some blood if the mamoth is dead already.

Yeah, I looked at some of yours for inspiration :wink:

I'll shade the mammoth, fix the cape, and then save it as .gif. How would i have blood from a spell hitting the mammoth though? It's not like it's pierced. And what other parts of the mammoth should be shaded? I shaded some of the bottom of it, but how should i texturize/shade the body?

Thanks for the help.

well. . for the mammoth .. i think it needs more hairyness lol .. its like on his hind legs its got hair . .but then it just stops lol. . .so either put hair everywhere or nowhere lol .. and maybe if a spell hit the mammoth the mammoth would have liek a charred wound. .

Yeah, I looked at some of yours for inspiration :wink:

I'll shade the mammoth, fix the cape, and then save it as .gif. How would i have blood from a spell hitting the mammoth though? It's not like it's pierced. And what other parts of the mammoth should be shaded? I shaded some of the bottom of it, but how should i texturize/shade the body?

Thanks for the help.

Make the difference of shades greater, have a dark brown and a light brown to see the difference. If you don't know how to shade something, just look up a pic in RL or just imagine it in your brain and copy it from there. I thought the mammoth was already dead since he seems to be, but if not make it look somehow like he's alive instead of lying around.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

it looks like the (very small) mammoth (well for a mammoth) is wounded by a attack before that.. and thats why he is lying down thats what i think or am i wrong.. but the cape like its been in the freezer to long or to the wrong laundry store.. shade it a bit better and more hair on the mammoth

signature_1.gif

that's nice !! here's my attempt at toning down the size.

snowhiqualityjpg.jpg

Thanks, I'm gonna have resize it again though, when i fix the mammoth. Did you save it in photoshop, and if you did, what setting did you save it as?

ugh mum and dad are saying get off. i don't use photoshop. It is a jpeg, and i used the jepg converter in paintshop pro 8. With the jpeg converter you get a chance to set the "compression value" the higher the value, the lower the size, the worse the quality. that is about value 5. it also says how big the file will be when with the value. i kept adding to the value until it said file size : 29000 bytes. It's pretty easy and VERY handy. :)

It's ok, but like Twinki said: more shading. Also, if you are going to shade the snow, use only one color. Snow always shades in the same color no matter where you are. You have grey and blue shading for the snow

Well the grey stuff is kind of the smoke behind the fire blast, and I used it to show the fireball's speed too. Does it look too much like snow shading?

its ok... turn down the saturation for the shading of the snow, also the mages arms look a little too rigid and long :P

the mage needs shading around where the cloth folds too

eevguthix1500v134cp.png

Thanks. It just takes so long making em though. I don't mind making the basic stuff, but shading irritates me because I can't visually see shading like everyone tells me to, and takes so long.

Maybe I'll start with avatars, that seems easier. :D

here is a tip. draw a cube.

choose a lighting source, lets say from the top right

shade the cube accordingly

the side facing the cube should be brightest. the ones on the side darker, the ones pointing away from the sun the darkest.

then once youve done that, look at your picture, and visualise what faces in which direction. shade appropriately :P

example.png

eevguthix1500v134cp.png

the side facing the cube should be brightest. the ones on the side darker, the ones pointing away from the sun the darkest.

then once youve done that, look at your picture, and visualise what faces in which direction. shade appropriately :P

ill edit this later with an example

But it gets harder than that. Like in some sigs, the middle part of everything is the brightest. I usually shade the bottom of everything the darkest, but for example, the mammoth in my picture. I only shaded from the bottom up, going slightly lighter in color til I got higher up. Seems like the really good artists don't do it that way.

ill edit this later with an example

But it gets harder than that. Like in some sigs, the middle part of everything is the brightest. I usually shade the bottom of everything the darkest, but for example, the mammoth in my picture. I only shaded from the bottom up, going slightly lighter in color til I got higher up. Seems like the really good artists don't do it that way.

Hes kinda close. Do what he said with a cube, a sphere, a cone, and every other type of 3d shape. Then shade it according to what shape it is. Its kinda like drawing. If you can draw any shape, you can draw anything. The mammoth is a kinda circlular shape, So I would shade it more like a circlular oval. Then depending on the perspective, you would shade shadow where the light would be blocked.

gr454rc.gif