My First Abstract Sig (More Added)

deloriagod

Ok. so I've never been very good with computer art but I downloaded GIMP about a week or two ago and read a nice tutorial about making userbars. So i've gotten fairly tired of those and I decided, why not try some abstract? I have a decent idea of how to make an abstract sig but no clue how to blend a render into the background. (Also I didn't read a tutorial before making this, I just worked with it till it seemed good enough.)

So here it is.. Not the best, but I'm proud of it.

image19rq.png

You don't need to rate it, but I would like some C/C on it.

My second one...

untitled2pb.png

This time I didn't blur it at all, but I'm a fan of scan lines so I threw those in again. Let me know what you think

Another new one...

untitled10lp.png

No scan lines this time, and no blur :wink:

untitled25iy.png

Tried adding a render to this one.. Let me know what you think..

My_Eggs, Please do not spam or flame. When posting on a thread like this, if you do not like the artwork, give suggestions on how to improve it, rather than comments like the one you made.

Edit: as for my personal suggestions/opinions on the sig... I believe it is a bit blurry, try to make them clear and a bit sharper... Also I do not personally like scanlines, but some people do.

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

The background looks like you blurred it quite a bit... As for the scan lines, I like scan lines sometimes but it looks like you used the 3x3 video filter and I don't really like the way that looks (plus, scan lines don't seem to fit on this sig). My advice: Get rid of the scan lines and don't blur the background so much. Nice job though...

The second one looks a lot better because it doesn't strain your eyes when they try to focus on it. Personally I think it needs an image to go on it to give it a bit of colour, or you could make it into a user bar so it doesn't look so empty.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

New brushes arent always the best solution, i make all my sigs with default brushes and they seem to turn out fun. Its using your brushes properly that makes the difference. Instead of multiplying/overlaying/soft light etc. to get a darker/lighter color, try using different shades of the colors you use. Also Anti Alias your text, looks really bad normal.

Scanlines wont always be your friend, you need to be careful when using them.

Blur looks horrible on the first one, you cant even tell what it is.

Also i dont see any Focal Point in any of your sigs, though i notice a steady improvement as you make more. Hopefully my advice has helped.

girlsigfi1.png

axeraider70.deviantART.com

Made a new one and added a render.. Also, I'm kind of a noob but what is anti alias? :-k

Transparent dots around something to make it blend more. I'm sure there is a button for it somewhere in your program.

girlsigfi1.png

Made a new one and added a render.. Also, I'm kind of a noob but what is anti alias? :-k

Transparent dots around something to make it blend more. I'm sure there is a button for it somewhere in your program.

Ah, I suppose I should put that around the render too, huh?

Yes that would be good.

girlsigfi1.png