Ugafan's Desert Treasure Blog [Update: 7/16]

Ok, a few weeks ago I decided to finally get ancient magiks. I looked at the requirments for desert treasure and realized I had 20 thieving, 15 firemaking levels, and 5 quests. I finally finished the last quest requirment two days ago. So here is my desert treasure blog:

July 12

After being busy most of the day, I could finally log in to Runescape around 11:30 at night. I got a decent start on the quest. I did all the boring intro stuff, like getting the supplies for the mirrors and finding out about the diamonds. I decided I would go after the shadow diamond first. I got lucky and opened the chest in 5 tries. I got the visibility ring and figured I would stop progress for the night and just get the ghostly robes I had wanted forever. 2 minutes after getting the final piece, I logged out for the night.

July 13

I woke up at around 10 in the morning. I had planned to go to a friends house at 12 so I had 2 hours. I had some chores to do and I had to eat before I went, so really I only had one hour. I never stopped thinking about Damis since I turned off the computer the night before so I figured I would spend my free hour playing RuneScape.

I log on and look for a friend that one, I trusted, and two, had done the quest. I am seeing no one who fits both criteria and am about to gather some more food to help later when in blue print I see "Aussy321 has logged in." I think "yes!" and kindly pm her about going with me. She agrees and I switch to go to her world and get her some blood runes so she can "entertain herself" while I'm fighting.

I'm waiting at Damis' lair when I see a green dot followed by a white dot on my mini map. Turns out the white dot was trojann2. So he leads the way to the lair. I start out good, protecting from melee and using my dds on the weaker Damis when trojann reminds me I'm supposed to be using earth blast. So a few of those kill him. Now I see the 174 come up. I start out good with a few 13's on him. Then my sword above my head dissapears. I drink some p pot does and run. My entangle splashes and he hits me. I realize I brought too little food when its all gone. I'm holding him back when my sword disappears yet again and he hits me for 36. Then a skeleton hits me an 8 and I die.

I'm in Fally making sure aussy and trojann got my stuff. She tells me to tele to al kahrid and they both trade me every last prayer pot and rune I died with. Then its trojann's idea to duel for a bit. They actually have some good fights with each other. I didn't even move when trojann fought me( :oops: ) and aussy killed me with like 4 whip hits. I actually got VERY lucky and got one kill on aussy towards the end. Then aussy has to go to fally world 2, I gotta eat lunch, and I have no idea where trojann went.

Ok, I play RS a little in the evening, but the only time I have the computer to myself is after 11:30. So I log on to world 99 edge and I see a green dot. Its fearspudgod and hes talking to a person I'm not too famaliar with, boddersdacat. Turns out he is quitting. He gave me a bunch of pots, a rune axe and pick, and a glory. I also see bobby1167 and throw a hyt his way. Then he comes with me on my next trip. He watches me get owned. I tried to snare, and it kept splashing. He owned me.

I'm ready to go again when spud pm's me telling me to go to bodders house. I go and he has some awesome parting gifts. He gave out many dragon items. Since I was kinda a last minute guest, he didn't have a drag item for me, but hey, I came out with 6.3k iron ore. I thanked him like 100 times and said my final goodbye.

Then at the afterparty, I get Lord Soultar and shortman to come with me. I didn't even try to snare this time and just drank prayer pots like crazy. Finally, finally damis dies and drops me the shadow diamond. I thank short and soultar and tele out to avoid the stranger. I bank and log out to type this. 3 more diamonds to go!!!!

July 14

Al right, never had the computer completely to myself until about 11:30 at night. I pick a person on my list and ask who to take on next. Kwimbob says that I should do smoke. I hear it's easy so I don't even bug one of my friends to go with me. So I get the supplies ready and tele to al kahrid. I bank at the shanty pass and get sharks, energy pots, prayer pots, tinderbox, face mask, ghostly robes, water staff, air runes, death runes and head out. Sound like I'm forgetting something? Well I am, I left my ice gloves in the bank. So I tele back to al kahrid and get them.

Now I'm ready to go for real. I go to the well and climb down. I immediately hate the dust, so kwim tells me to switch to low detail. I log out, and get back on in low detail. Now I'm ready to go. I light the four torches and get the key. Now I turn on prayer, set auto attack on just in case I lag out(happened twice in the previous 30 mins.) I go in and he appears out of nowhere. I start owning with water blast watching plus 10 hits over and over. I only splash like twice and don't even use 20 deaths. I get the smoke diamond in my inventory and tele to my beloved house.

July 15

Alright, two down, two to go. I actually have the computer to myself for a long time today, but all my afternoon time was spent at Leesters' kickin party(until the tourney was cancelled #-o ) After the party, I figure I had played enough for a while and got off the computer until my usual time, 11:30. Well I get on, and decide to go for a rune defender. I get like 500 tokens and spend like 300 of em with nothing but a bronze. I give up and ask all my friends if I should go for ice or blood. I wait till I get a blood answer(really didn't feel like doing ice) and I head off.

I make my way to Canafis, and speak to the vampire. Then I have to get stuff from Draynor and Entrana. Then I make a stop at Edgeville to get a 100 bloods from the zammy mage in the wild. I have everything and am ready to go. I go back to Canafis and get ready to fight the demon. I grab a few prayer pots and all the sharks I can fit into my pack, and head to the graveyard. On the way those things(forgot the name) kept rotting my sharks. :-X

I arrive at the graveyard and offer the blood. Fight starts out a little bad, as those bats kept hitting me up for some serious damage. I gobble a few sharks in record time and keep wind waving. He's slowly losing hp, obviously not weak to air as Damis was to earth. Eventually I get the kill and head back through the shark rotters to get to Canifis and get the blood diamond from the vampire. 3 down, 1 to go.

July 16

Ok, 3 diamonds down, one to go. And it's the pesky ice one. Get on at 11:30 as usual and do all the pre-boss stuff. I give the cake, and kill the 5 level 120's. The wind killed my stats, and I'm low on supplies so I tele back.

I rebank and pm my friend mr hyde1218 to come with me and get my stuff just in case. He comes and even lends me 20 restore pots and his mystic robes. :mrgreen: We head off to Burthrope and go through Trollheim to the ice demon. I start to fire blast him, and to my surprise, he is really easy. Maybe not Fareed easy, but way easier than the blood guy or Damis. I mean, I'm hitting 10+ everytime and he's hardly freezing me. I only use like 2 sharks and 4 restore pots.

Now we're trying to find the ice path, which took a while. We get lost, and it's hard knowing your way in pitch white. We finally find it and race through it(all the falls are hilarious!) We tie...how lame #-o. So I fire blast the parents and the little troll kid gives me my precious diamond.

We meet, I give back his mystic and he logs off. Now I have all four diamonds in my bank and I'm ready for the pyramid. I head to the shanty pass and bank, keeping my weight at 0. I head off and get to the entrance. I can't figure out why the pyramid won't let me in when I remember I gotta put the diamonds on the pedestals. So I'm in the pyramid and run through. Level 2 I hit a trap and fall. Second time I made it through perfect. I finish the quest and take a few screens. Then I buy the ancient staff and head to the duel arena to test the lowest ice spell. I got owned by everyone except a level 50. :( So I figure I need to alch until level 70 and switch back to normal.

Quest Complete!!!!

Special thanks to my awesome friends who helped: aussy, trojann, mr hyde, bobby, shortman, and lord soultar, and coolgirl/dabestkillas.

Screens:

06Jul17-01.png

06Jul17-01-1.png

06Jul17-01-2.png

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

ooo, pretty neat little story so far, the tip.it user cameos definitely make it cooler than normal. gl on the rest of dt, and if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask me! :D

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Good luck on that quest dude, ur gonna need it.

Also, get ready to lose a few 100 K's on the items (super restore pots, ppots, rues etc.) this is a hard quest and before u got 76+ mage , it wont be worth ur while getting ancients!

:wink: :pray: good luck

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

ooo, pretty neat little story so far, the tip.it user cameos definitely make it cooler than normal. gl on the rest of dt, and if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask me! :D
If you want...you can make an appearance tonight by playing aussy and trojann's role. :D

ugafan2009.png

If you want...you can make an appearance tonight by playing aussy and trojann's role. :D
if i have the time, and if someone else doesn't use the comp, sure!

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Good luck on that quest dude, ur gonna need it.

Also, get ready to lose a few 100 K's on the items (super restore pots, ppots, rues etc.) this is a hard quest and before u got 76+ mage , it wont be worth ur while getting ancients!

:wink: :pray: good luck

Right now I'm shooting for 70. And the main reason is just to do the quest, I mean a lot of people say it's the hardest. I think its quite an achievement for my level.(Yeah, I know level 50 pures have done it)

ugafan2009.png

free bump.....and ya its kool how u got a lot of the tip.it members involved.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Congratz mate, yer progressing far into the queast =). Good luck with the ice diamond. I wasn`t on because dotsrus got a perm bann. So ill just talk to ya over the forums.
OMG, are you serious? Get on your second account to tell me what happened. You were starting to become one of my best friends on RS. :( Now we can't own in the wild with your teleblock and my ice spells. #-o

ugafan2009.png

Your doing nicly! I was just looking through the blogs (looking for troj's to be exact) when i see a Blog by Ugafan. So i'm thinkin "may as well open it", So i open it and read a bit to see the words "aussy321 has logged in". I'm like w000t i'm in a story/blog/thing!. And lucky or not your still owned me that one time :oops: .

Well good luck, and tell me when your going to the pyramid, or even i'll come to the ice thing if i must.

~Aussy ^_^

penguinesigrq6.png

remeber for ice:

you can't use a friend to block anymore

his mage will hit through everything except prayer - so dont bother with d hide

his mage attack max is 5+5, but his melee max is 30+, so pray from melee.

Don;t bother with super restores, normal restores do just aswell - he drops a super restore for the agility boost you need.

You cna use any type of cake, not only chocolate, as some guides say

make sure your pray doesnt drop, or he can get in a good few 30's before its back up.

Pray on the ice trolls as they have max's of 25+ and are painful (+a waste of food)

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

good luck man......only 1 more to go.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

remeber for ice:

Don;t bother with super restores, normal restores do just aswell - he drops a super restore for the agility boost you need.

make sure your pray doesnt drop, or he can get in a good few 30's before its back up.

Pray on the ice trolls as they have max's of 25+ and are painful (+a waste of food)

Wow...that's some good advice man. Better than the few quest guides I've read. Are you sure about the mage thing...that's exactly what the blood guy did.

Thanks Wild Goat.

And coolgirl...funny we both met up there. I was just doin some alching and figured why not do it at aussys. :P

Her sister dds spec'ed me and I got tele'd out with 1hp thanks to my rol. :shock: Could have turned out bad.

ugafan2009.png

remeber for ice:

Wow...that's some good advice man. Better than the few quest guides I've read. Are you sure about the mage thing...that's exactly what the blood guy did.

Thanks Wild Goat.

And coolgirl...funny we both met up there. I was just doin some alching and figured why not do it at aussys. :P

Her sister dds spec'ed me and I got tele'd out with 1hp thanks to my rol. :shock: Could have turned out bad.

ROFLMAO!!! i lost a rune full helm thanks to that during the first week of construct. dds spec, poisoned, teled out, died of poison.

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!