Oh god, shoot me please....

LP

I just paid a visit to the Buddy forum on RHQ, and they actual have some decent ones there... This isn't too bad, I'm actually beginning to quite like buddies (purely the artist's work, not those who make the buddies; now they're the ones who we should be shooting; not the ones who make or display them)

Nice find LP. *Puts shotgun away*[/url]

From what game is that?

These portals on one of the backgrounds look A LOT like these in the game "Serious Sam: Next Encounter"

I wonder why it says HALO buddy kit at the top...

From what game is that?

These portals on one of the backgrounds look A LOT like these in the game "Serious Sam: Next Encounter"

I wonder why it says HALO buddy kit at the top...

Sorry I didn't see that.

How could I be so stupid? #-o

Some people might think I did notice it but prepended not to, it's not true. #-o :3>

I think the idea of the buddy kit is ok, creating a whole variety costumes for the one character is a good idea.. But when someone releases a pretty crap image of a character with really poorly made outfits, it just desturbs me to image why people love mass producing it, keeping to the same level of quality..

Surely in an ideal world each person would have a crack at making their own characters with outfits.. Not using the same template but drawin their own character..

For example Random could create a load of additions to this one image, that he could mix and match for his own personal use, Maybe novalty clothes like a hat, shirt or even cool looking armour..

stump24pr.png

The current Buddy Kits are simply made so people with little talent can piece together something to call their own.. I've seen whole sections in some forums were people genuinely post threads discussing, hey do you like my buddy?.. Yeah thats awesome great job with that... :roll: (Isn't his artwork, isn't his idea. and isn't particularly well pieced together)..

I mean If I was to use these buddy kits I'd re-make everything, boost up the quality, make some decent backgrounds.. But then again Im not even too fond of the idea that someone else in another country would say, 'oh thats nice', use it and then post his pieced together character of my work asking for 'advice to improve'.. :roll:

I just think the whole buddy thing is corrupt.. But originally, a good idea.

Hello

Its kinda neat. Halo-themed buddies I mean. :)

I don't see why buddy are hated so much (Ya I know it takes no skill to make them). I think they are pretty useful to those who can't make very good signatures (i.e me)

It was back when sig selling was allowed.

Some people were quite upset when others tried to pass off buddies as their work and sell them for RS cash.

Quite a few influencial sig sellers here expressed their disgust at it. And ever since then tip.it became, unofficially, a buddy-free zone. =;

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I don't see why buddy are hated so much (Ya I know it takes no skill to make them). I think they are pretty useful to those who can't make very good signatures (i.e me)

Some people were quite upset when others tried to pass off buddies as their work and sell them for RS cash.

Quite a few influencial sig sellers here expressed their disgust at it. And ever since then tip.it became, unofficially, a buddy-free zone. =;

Nice explaination. =D>

I think people here should try to accept buddy now since there's no more cash for sig. Like GoingUnder had said, it takes skill to make them and useful to people who can't make good sig with render. :)

And seriously, some people DO make buddy looking cool like Drek's Buddies Shop. \'

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

Nice explaination. =D>

I think people here should try to accept buddy now since there's no more cash for sig. Like GoingUnder had said, it takes skill to make them and useful to people who can't make good sig with render. :)

And seriously, some people DO make buddy looking cool like Drek's Buddies Shop. \'

buddy's do not belong in an art discussion forum, some sort of playground forum might work for them tho with a sandbox and all.

signature_1.gif

I think the idea of the buddy kit is ok, creating a whole variety costumes for the one character is a good idea.. But when someone releases a pretty crap image of a character with really poorly made outfits, it just desturbs me to image why people love mass producing it, keeping to the same level of quality..

Surely in an ideal world each person would have a crack at making their own characters with outfits.. Not using the same template but drawin their own character..

For example Random could create a load of additions to this one image, that he could mix and match for his own personal use, Maybe novalty clothes like a hat, shirt or even cool looking armour..

stump24pr.png

The current Buddy Kits are simply made so people with little talent can piece together something to call their own.. I've seen whole sections in some forums were people genuinely post threads discussing, hey do you like my buddy?.. Yeah thats awesome great job with that... :roll: (Isn't his artwork, isn't his idea. and isn't particularly well pieced together)..

I mean If I was to use these buddy kits I'd re-make everything, boost up the quality, make some decent backgrounds.. But then again Im not even too fond of the idea that someone else in another country would say, 'oh thats nice', use it and then post his pieced together character of my work asking for 'advice to improve'.. :roll:

I just think the whole buddy thing is corrupt.. But originally, a good idea.

+1 i very much so agree with you on all these counts...

I would like to see a buddy kit that actually looks good... atm buddies look similar to blobs of roundish playdough abused by barney... #-o DEAR GOD MY EYES!!!!

too bad it would take so much work for somone to create a buddy kit with "good" pixels in it

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

too bad it would take so much work for somone to create a buddy kit with "good" pixels in it

RHQ's Buddy forum has quite a few kits that aren't ugly playdough blobs.

=D

kill the infidel!!! :shame:

Oh get over it.

One of the only bad things about buddies is the people who use the kits, but didn't make them.. The people who make them normally have put time and effort into them (Unless they're pretty crap... But some on RHQ are really good).

So there. :P =;

RHQ's Buddy forum has quite a few kits that aren't ugly playdough blobs.

=D

kill the infidel!!! :shame:

Oh get over it.

One of the only bad things about buddies is the people who use the kits, but didn't make them.. The people who make them normally have put time and effort into them (Unless they're pretty crap... But some on RHQ are really good).

So there. :P =;

Got any links i would like to bring my judgement down on them :D

I have heard alot about them but are they really that good?? :shame: I think not :boohoo:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^