Mine, Smelt and Smith....

maljikail

Well, its been a loooong time since i have played and i havent smithed for about a year before i quit, so now im trying to start up a new char and wanted to know, where is the best place, or route to mine then smelt hten smith then bank..in a continuous chain. Post all f2p and p2p ares as im sure i will get my p2p back again real soon.

Thanks,

Bucketbot

Rs Name- 0 oo 00 o 0

Well, while i was a low lvl I mined in Varrock East, smelted in Lumbridge, and smithed back in Varrock. I doubt it's the most effective method, but I switched to doing it in parts so....

4mu2n3o.jpg

taking a break

I think a good place to train is in Al Kharid. I used to mine in Chasm Mine, smelt back in Al Kharid and then put my bars in the bank. Keep doing that till you have heaps of bars then go and smith in Varrock. :D

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

Thanks Ronnii :D

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

I think a good place to train is in Al Kharid. I used to mine in Chasm Mine, smelt back in Al Kharid and then put my bars in the bank. Keep doing that till you have heaps of bars then go and smith in Varrock. :D

This is what I did, it's the most effective method to mine/smelt and THEN smith. Why? Because you'll level up your smithing when you smelt so you can make better things when you get around to smithing other than daggers and short swords.

I tend to mine in fallador (coal / mithril), or Yanille (iron). Haven't tried the coal trucks yet. Once I've got a fair amount of raw materials, tele to lumbridge and run down to Al kharid.

Smelt the load there - walking to the furnace with the ores, running with the bars back to the bank.

Tele to Varrock, head to West Bank and smith all the bars on the anvils just south of the bank. High Alch the stuff once the smithing's complete.

Rinse and repeat.

It's still v boring though even if you buy the coal rather than mining it.

Back in the days I used to mine iron down in Al Kharid, instead of taking it to the bank I immediately melted it in the town's furnace, regularly checking if I still had my ring of forging. Note that every five runs take up one ring.

Ruby rings can be bought in Zanaris [must have completed Lost City] and you need a cut diamond to get into the main hall, where you will find a ghostly figure in the back who will sell you rings. Take some cosmies and your fire staff to turn them into rings of forging.

While you're at it, bring some cabbage [unnoted...yes I tried ;) ] for the sweet little fairy she'll pay you 100gp ea. Not much for the cost of a diamond but hey, what can ya say.

Varrock to me is by far the best place for smithing, a bank closeby and you might even pick up a good deal from one of the always present merchants there.

Woot, woott...teach us uncle kll...

Doing mining, smelting, smithing circles is virtually impossible to do without losing lots of precious time... Best way to go is to go for separate tasks...

P2P

The best place to do your smelting is in Canifis. The furnace is right across the bank there.

The best place for smithing would be East Varrock, the anvils are very close to the bank.

F2P

I think you're best of using the Falador furnace and the Varrock anvils.

P2P

The best place to do your smelting is in Canifis. The furnace is right across the bank there.

You mean Port Phasmatys right?

Whoops, yeah, you're right, Port Phasmatys... Swamp looks like swamp looks like swamp... all the same to me :D

...F2P

I think you're best of using the Falador furnace and the Varrock anvils.

For F2P,

The Al-Kharid furnace is closest to the bank.

And yes, the Varrock west anvils are good.

Some players, not me, advocate mining in the Dwarven mines, then use superheat

to smelt the ores, and then use the anvils in the west part to smith.

I always thought it a waste of Nature runes.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

With the upgrade to Lumbridge you now have it all there: a mine for cooper and tin in the new south mine, iron in the cave under the kitchen, a furnace on the way to varrock, and, more important... a bank.

Its a safe place for new characters, no high lvl NPC's like the Al-Kharid mine scorpions. Just beware of Jail Guards east of Draynor Bank, either walk by the sea shore or north of the Jail.

Ther's also coal, mith and addy in the old mine moved west: south and near Draynor Bank.

There's an anvil in the zombie's dungeon of Draynor. Trapdoor on the way from Draynor to Falador.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life