new f2p skill!!!

Okay, just pretend here

If jagex WERE to create a new skill

What could it be?

Wood Working

Seriously, I think Jagex have run out of good ideas for skills

The quests are improving so thats okay

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your siggy needs a fix-up, blue_star67...

As for skills, yeah, they've chewed up a lot of ground already with all the non-combat stuff...

Hmm, now there's an idea...

Electronics

Could ultimately cause the beginning of RS3 with this one. Imagine a medieval society changing into a super-technological one, just at the hands of a few really insane inventors!!! :lol:

(Personally, I think this idea is such a BLAZING FLOP... :lol: ...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

runescape already has too many skills. we could do well to get rid of prayer, theiving, firemaking, farming, construction and probably herblore. and get rid off rares merchanting ftw! lol jk
your telling jagex to delete my fav skills, u suck

runescape already has too many skills. we could do well to get rid of prayer, theiving, firemaking, farming, construction and probably herblore. and get rid off rares merchanting ftw! lol jk
your telling jagex to delete my fav skills, u suck
diden't see last sentence vry srry

Its all business guys!

Business in f2p? How does jagex benefit?

ADVERTISMENT!!!!

Yes thats where a good sum of cash comes from.

New updates for free play will not attract new players. only satisfy the existing ones. Nobody is going to quit if they dont update. Thats all jagex cares about. they DO NOT care about YOU AT ALL! They just want the money.

As with any business there is no concern for anything but the money and Jagex easily falls into that catagory.

Jagex wants more young users because they are curious enough to click on "Sexy Singles!!! CLICK HERE!" or "Win a free PS3".

Gaining more players means gaining more interest from bigger companies using there game as an advertising attempt.

im dont typing...

Long since retired.

The last new f2p skill was Runecrafting, which was when RS2 came out. Maybe just one more f2p skill wouldn't do any harm? Probably won't happen though.

Maybe something that has no use other than to provide members with useful items :twisted: :twisted:

I'm members BTW.

You MUST be a moron. RC didn't come out for LONG after RS2 came out. Get your facts straight.

The last new f2p skill was Runecrafting, which was when RS2 came out. Maybe just one more f2p skill wouldn't do any harm? Probably won't happen though.

Maybe something that has no use other than to provide members with useful items :twisted: :twisted:

I'm members BTW.

You MUST be a moron. RC didn't come out for LONG after RS2 came out. Get your facts straight.

HUH?!?!?!?!? *confused* :shock: :o :-s :?

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I just thinjk Jagex should kill f2p all together...

That would probably be the best idea, Ever. No more macroing, or very little of it. The only thing is everyone loses their accounts if they don't pay..

Sounds like an unbelievably stupid idea to me. :roll:

Tetsuya.png

I just thinjk Jagex should kill f2p all together...

That would probably be the best idea, Ever. No more macroing, or very little of it. The only thing is everyone loses their accounts if they don't pay..

Well said. Coulda been cleaner, though.

:(

I just think Jagex should kill f2p all together...

I second that, this will enrage 90% of the f2p-ers. If jagex is trying to make money, deleting everyone's account is THE DUMBEST idea ever. Also, almost all of my other member friends played on f2p, then switched to members because they have to try out the game to see if they're intrested before they pay $5 for it. :|

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

Its all business guys!

ADVERTISMENT!!!!

I think that's it, spot on. Now, about the Security Stronghold: Jagex used to have an advertising agreement with Real to feature Runescape on RealArcade. Most of the RealArcade ads had security tips as well as ads for members.

I was still F2P at the time, but I did take a look at the game on RealArcade when I tried it out. I preferred to login at the main Jagex site because RealArcade only listed a few high-traffic servers. But I thought the advertising campaign was brilliant.

For whatever reason, Jagex decided that advertising with Miniclip was more profitable. But there have never been any advertisements like that since, which I think may have been part of the reason the Security Stronghold update was released-- and quite a bit of bennies in it being a F2P game release.

Now personally, I think Jagex should have made sure Wildtangent cleaned up its rep before agreeing to an ad deal with them, but that's another story.

The Security Stronghold does offer some additional benefits for members, such as dust rune drops and clue scrolls. So there is a very small incentive to come to members there.

I would be very disappointed if Jagex decided to add fletching to F2P RS2. The *primary* reason I joined members was that I was too cheap to pay for arrows, and getting arrows from monster drops was very slow. Looking back, I could have been fine with iron arrows, but the first thing I did was fletch shafts and headless arrows until I could fletch steel.

My rule of thumb is:

1. Does a F2P update entice players to come to P2P?

If it has additional features in P2P, then I'd say yes.

2. Does it improve the balance of the game while still meeting #1?

The additional bows and arrows were given to balance the PK triangle, supposedly. Many players (usually P2P coming to F2P) still dislike F2P range, however.

3. At the very least, will it improve customer service?

The Knowledge Base and the Security Stronghold were added (I'm almost positive) to address issues and queries that CS was going over again and again.

My observations are limited at present so I would suggest talking to a prominent F2Per like Lim_Dul or our very own Admin Forsakenmage for more feedback (but please, don't spam their pms).

Its all business guys!

ADVERTISMENT!!!!

New updates for free play will not attract new players. only satisfy the existing ones. Nobody is going to quit if they dont update. Thats all jagex cares about. they DO NOT care about YOU AT ALL! They just want the money. (etc etc ... cut down to reduce b/w usage)

It's business. But my "rule of thumb" for businesses is... "Care your customers or there will be no more customers to care."

Yes, I've seen many lame restaurants and pubs come and go in my years (even though I'm not those 'old guys', I request permission to classify myself as 'over-experienced') on the main ave's of Bangkok. It was the carelessness, unlawfulness and greed that took down those places, especially in the Age of Information like this.

Okay, enough debate since I'm very happy today that I got qualified (to something, PM for more details if ya want)

I'll list some possible moves they might do... (term 'free play' means 'completely free')

Jagex gives free play : Jagex should have advantage a little in terms of customer attention and popularity, but loses major cash. And they might need to throw in those spyware ads now.

Jagex RESTRICTS free play : Jagex loses half of the customers.. I think around 1/3 of the F2P will come to P2P.

Jagex slowly implements free play : Jagex loses some P2P

Jagex starts to update for F2P : Less people to P2P, but P2Ps do not quit

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

Its all business guys!

ADVERTISMENT!!!!

New updates for free play will not attract new players. only satisfy the existing ones. Nobody is going to quit if they dont update. Thats all jagex cares about. they DO NOT care about YOU AT ALL! They just want the money. (etc etc ... cut down to reduce b/w usage)

It's business. But my "rule of thumb" for businesses is... "Care your customers or there will be no more customers to care."

Yes, I've seen many lame restaurants and pubs come and go in my years (even though I'm not those 'old guys', I request permission to classify myself as 'over-experienced') on the main ave's of Bangkok. It was the carelessness, unlawfulness and greed that took down those places, especially in the Age of Information like this.

Okay, enough debate since I'm very happy today that I got qualified (to something, PM for more details if ya want)

I'll list some possible moves they might do... (term 'free play' means 'completely free')

Jagex gives free play : Jagex should have advantage a little in terms of customer attention and popularity, but loses major cash. And they might need to throw in those spyware ads now.

Jagex RESTRICTS free play : Jagex loses half of the customers.. I think around 1/3 of the F2P will come to P2P.

Jagex slowly implements free play : Jagex loses some P2P

Jagex starts to update for F2P : Less people to P2P, but P2Ps do not quit

Only the final one works. Else something is lost, one way or another. :(

Guest mmortalone

how about a new f2p skill "whining"

everyone gets 99 immediately

seriously, f2p will not get a new skill, and why make us come with ideas anyways?

pointless topic

how about a new f2p skill "whining"

everyone gets 99 immediately

seriously, f2p will not get a new skill, and why make us come with ideas anyways?

pointless topic

Whining? Seriously man. The only F2pers that whine are only playing the game for what, like 2 weeks maybe? Then they are gone. (Oh, by the way, all P2p would get 99 Whining too idiot. :roll: )

I'm F2p. I would know exactly how much whining, and begging goes on in F2p. Everyone here on these forums, and others, exagerates way to much. I agree, we have a serious problem with autoing, and scamming, but, if you know where to go, you can completely avoid all of this. I have found tons of friends in F2p that never scam, or beg, or anything.

If anybody whines, its P2pers that whine about how much F2pers whine.

Why can't we all just get along?

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

Hmmm I highly doubt a new free to play skill will come out. Maybe some quests though for higher levels :notalk: though... I mean, the stronghold thing was free to play's "yearly" update or whatever, and it was alright. But it was a bit more of the level 3-70 range...Not for us 90-126 players...

Please give more detail of what the new free to play skill would be other wise this suggestion isn't much good...(No offense)

Please give more detail of what the new free to play skill would be other wise this suggestion isn't much good...(No offense)

I think it was just something to get valid idea-popping and discussion going. :-k

As much as I as well as all the other ftpers would like a new skill I agree that we don't really need it. ftp is just to entice people to get a membership. but because ftp is basicly an appatizer(sp?) to members I think jagex should add SOME thingsto ftp. for example, some kind of minigame? curently there are no minigames in ftp but there are in p2p, adding a minigame would show ftpers more of what they're missing and may convince more people to get membership.

~Genoraven

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

IMHO

Before Jagex makes any more skills, they need to increase the amount of worlds to allow more people to come in. Any new skill is going to attract new users. I remember when I started RS (when treasure trails began), well before the Slayer Skill and certainly when people thought that there were plenty of skills to begin with. But as it has turned out, each skill two things- more people from free server to members, and more people over all coming into the game. I'm not so sure about the numbers but I would guess there are more members than free server players.

So new F2P skill... I don't know, it would have to be well thought out. I'd still like to have a way to get defence bonuses to magic via prayer or maybe something new. (check my regards to the post on music... though I would assume call it aura, and keep the music out of it)

Over all I think it's fine the way it is

I'm F2P and I think that we will never get a new skill....ever.

This is because JaGex is trying to make money and wouldn't give free membership. If you want more skills, subscribe to membership!

van.png

Any hockey fans out there who wants to chat, just send me a PM!!!

If anybody whines, its P2pers that whine about how much F2pers whine.

At least you admit that its f2p that is the cause of the whining :lol:

prayer- try beating fight caves or barrows without prayer

theiving- you can steal money...its a good skill

firemaking- shade burning

farming- ability to grow herbs

construction- a fun skill

herblore- again fight caves and barrows

You obviously missed his "lol jk" :roll: