New spell list a flop or not?

planoboy93

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting a few construction-related spells, like plank logs.

Farming is useless to me. Melee PKing is useless to me. Therefore these spells are useless for me.

I refuse to do farming for this quest. Far too boring.

I think its such a pain that u cant telly with ancients or the new spells, in my opinion i think those 3 groupings should be integrated into eachother to make a big spell book with pages... an ancient, normal, and w/e the new spells r called.
Now that would b to easy wouldn't it?

planoboy93.png

Founder of C.E.T.

I love it how people are praising the "Fertile Soil" spell. I mean, supercompost isn't that hard to make, and it certainly isn't a major inconvience.

Tele to Karajima using a glory or to Brimhaven with your house, go slightly southwest of the small town, and pick the pineapple plants that grow there. Once you've picked them, all, switch worlds and repeat. When you get full, bank them in the volcano or use a dueling ring to go to Castle Wars and a Glory/House to get back. Then, as you're visting the major allotments, put the pineapples in and shut the bin. It sounds like a ton more work than it really is. You can easily get 60 super composts going in about 10 minutes, if that. Better than wasting tons of money/time. Not to mention that you get 36.5 xp for making/applying supercompost compared to 16 xp from the spell.

70herby.png

Its like a Monk class

Copying other Adventure games, like WoW maybe?

~Aussy

um...I think you need to lay off of your comments about other games if you think WoW created a monk class :roll:

His words weren't anything to do with Monks, and he never said WoW has monks. WoW priests/pallies/druids/shaman can all heal, maybe he was talking about one of those?

For all of you talking about World of Warcraft and RuneScape "stealing from eachother:"

Pretty much every single "fantasy" game out there stole everything they have in them from Dungeons and Dragons.

And, on topic: These new spells are mostly useful for skillers, and I would guess that Vengeance is more of a spell to use on NPC's. All of these spells seem to be mostly time savers for when you're skilling.

- Waterbirth Teleport would be for Dagganoth hunters.

- Vengeance would be useful against extremely high level monsters that you kill in teams. (KBD, KQ.)

That's just a couple of uses that I can think of. Haha. I'm sort of tired, but yeah. I think the main reason people were disappointed with this spell list is because they were expecting something for PK'ing, and that isn't what they got.

Working on a new pure, since Try Suicide was hacked/stolen.

I got the spells and some of the tellys are great. Where I'm stuck is returning to regular magic...I don't know how. Anyone know?

I read that casting a moonclan telly was the way but it didn't work. lol, now I'm walking everywhere.

xyrapha

I got the spells and some of the tellys are great. Where I'm stuck is returning to regular magic...I don't know how. Anyone know?

I read that casting a moonclan telly was the way but it didn't work. lol, now I'm walking everywhere.

xyrapha

Right-click the astral altar and pray. You might be able to double-pray at the ancient pyramid to return to normal as well.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I think its just an interesting diversion from what has typically been a fairly limited use of magic (attack and tele). Of course they are expensive, but they are also convenient. I'd rather spend the money on astrals than shear hundred of those blasted sheep and spin the wool.

df

You can buy wool at ardy general store :-s

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

Id like to use this post to remind everyone here to please NOT spam expically all this crap about runescape stealing from wow and all this other stuff.On another note the supercompost spell is handy i rather do that then pick pinapples no matter what anyone says however i think lunar spells have very lil wildy uses.You can heal other ppl but it transfers your own health so what happens if you put everything you had into healing that person and they died you out of food low on hp, now i think with that high mage it takes to heal youd be better off dealing damage to the attackers rather than trying to heal your teammate(s).

planoboy93.png

Founder of C.E.T.