New spell list a flop or not?

planoboy93

The naysaying of the Moonclan Spells is mostly coming from ignorance. Not in a negative way, but you aren't seeing what you can do here.

Magic Imbue gives you the ability to combine runes without failure. This is very important, seeing as how many of the spells use what would be Mud runes and such.

The Cure Me is infinite antipoisons, so by posting "OMG, antipoison is one spot, you need more than 1 for the runes!", you're kinda providing the contra to your own argument. Honestly, unlimited anti poisons. The moon mage is even more invaluable in a group, with group heal, and group cure, and other group-based spells.

I think we can all agree it's the ultimate Farming Spell List.

It's also ideal for slayers, with NPC contact.

The tellys are cool. Not so useful, but cool! Not to mention, provide the only easy means of getting to their respective locations. On any spell set, you can get to nearly 100% of the Regular Magic locations if your house is equipped.

Saying that the new spell list is inferior because of lack of useful teleports is well... Stupid. Not to mention, the new spells provide a means for some of the fastest RC exp this side of Entrana.

I'd go on about how it helps other skills, but I think you get the point.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone through all the spells in this new list, and I've determined how they can be helpful, either to you or your target.

Cure other - When cast on another player, this spell will cure them if they are suffering the effects of any poison.

*If you are generous about this, if someone flies into a bank asking for an antipoison, be generous and give him this.

Cure me - If you are suffering the effects of any poison, you can cast this and cure yourself of it.

*Saves you tons of space on Antipoison potions for the dangerous times when you need it

Cure group - When cast, this will cure anyone who is poisoned in the area surrounding you.

*I think there's team monsters out there somewhere that poison you. This is perfect for that

Heal other - When cast, this will transfer some of your hitpoints to your target if they have lowered hitpoints.

*Heals a wounded comrade, and benefits people using full Dharok greatly

Heal group - When cast, this will transfer your hitpoints to heal anyone who has lowered hitpoints in the area surrounding you.

*Heals a bunch of wounded comrades, and benefits people using full Dharok immensely

Bake Pie - When cast, this spell will cook any unbaked pies in your inventory.

*Imagine the possibilities - lots of raw admiral pies, Fire staff, Astral Runes, Water Runes... 5.4k cooking exp in the blink of an eye. Me and a friend are gonna work to get a bunch of pies, then I'll do the quest and we'll make a bunch of admiral pies and give me tons of cooking exp.

Cure plant - When cast, this spell will cure the target farming patch of disease.

*Saves you Cure Potions for those of you still into farming.

NPC contact - When cast, this spell allows you to commune with certain NPC's from RuneScape, such as the slayer masters or guides from some minigames.

*This makes getting a slayer task so much easier. Simply cast, talk, and hope you get a task close to where you are.

Superglass make - This spell allows you to make glass without the use of a furnace. You will still need sand and soda ash/seaweed.

*Saves you trips to a furnace if you make glass

String jewellery - This spell allows you to string unstrung amulets without needing a ball of wool.

*This is one of the most annoying things in the game. Now you don't need any wool.

Stat restore pot share - When cast on a stat, super stat, prayer, or energy restore potion, it will share it with up to 4 other players in the surrounding area.

*While it uses a doce for each person, it makes certain team-based tasks easier - 1 person carries all the potions, sharing a doce with his friends, the others fill their inventory with food.

Magic imbue - When cast, you are powered to combine runes for a short amount of time.

*Another attempt to make combination runes popular... not gonna happen so long as you lose a talisman per set of runes.

Fertile soil - When cast on a farming patch, this spell with fertilise the soil with supercompost.

*Saves you the hour it takes to make compost, and it's super compost automatically as well.

Boost potion share - When cast on an attack, defence, strength, fishing, ranging, agility, or magic potion in your inventory, it will share it with up to 4 other players in the surrounding area.

*See Stat Restore potion share

Energy transfer - When cast, this spell will damage you a little, but transfer your special attack and some run energy to your target.

Vengeance other - When cast on your target, this gives them the power of Vengeance.

*Hide a Vengeance in a person when you explore the wilderness, or post it on Castle Wars teammates, and surprise the heck out of your enemies.

Vengeance - When cast you have the power of Vengeance. If you are attacked, your opponent receives a large percentage of the damage they inflict with their first damaging attack.

*Cast it just as you are about to be attacked in the wilderness, and scare the crap out of your attacker.

Moonclan teleport / Tele group Moonclan

*Good for Astral Rune Crafting

Waterbirth teleport / Tele group Waterbirth

*Quick access to Dagganoths

Barbarian teleport / Tele group Barbarian

*Just as effective as Edgeville Glory Teleport, with a small walk to boot

Khazard teleport / Tele group Khazard

*Not much this one does, except give you an Ardougne Teleportation

Fishing guild teleport / Tele group Fishing Guild

*Good for all the fishers out there. Takes you smack infront of your favorite guild.

Catherby teleport / Tele group Catherby

*For those who aren't high enough to enter the Fishing Guild, this one is just as good.

Ice plateau teleport / Tele group Ice Plateau

*Not much use here... unless your friends still have their sleds and want to go racing =)

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

vengance looks like it could give really good use to people who mainly pk with mele, or stake with mele. although, having high mage is a requirement, and why not just use an ancient spell? well either way, it looks like it could be useful to some people, but maybe not the majority of runescape.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

kinda amazed that noone's mentioned how these spells will revolutionize single combat wildy.

Think of it. you got a guy out of the fight with high hp that keeps it full and heals you, bam, in stead of 20hp from a shark 70hp from another person. I'm not sure but i'm guessing it doesn't even take a turn of combat!

Ever missed that illusive kill because you needed 3 turns to pot up? what if you let a friend do it for you so you can hit 3 more turns of damage and have 3 more inv spots for food!

How about your support person also giving you thier spec bar? instead of 5 dds specs, you get 10. Who could survive 10 dds specs? you'd basicly always 5 hit your opponent or even faster!

Who wouldn't also want to have a more powerful ring of recoil sure to last the first 30 secs of a fight? Now if you've seen pking movies, you know that often the smallest margins win or loose you a fight. life ringers with same stats almost always loose to recoilers, how about both recoil and vengance?

I'd personally say that a team of 3 players in single would own now. A tber + 1st tangle while mooner pots up the ancients mage who'll be fighting. The tber could even movie it all while watching and distract any support the other player might have.

Now we have all the mage books we need. How about quest rewards that lets you choose a spell to permanently have in your spellbook no matter what one you're on? or choose from a list? or just add more spells to the different ones?

Loving this update, I'm only finding it strange that rangers haven't had anything in ages. yes, they were overpowered before the mage short spec was changed, but now both melees and mages have been owning them for a long time, none the less; well done jagex!

Personally, i'd say that i've had enough content updates for a long while, there's still so much to do! i'd love to see half the updates team working on revamping the graphics in the entire game and rather see half the amount of updates. think of pking with WoW graphics... *drools* And of course everything else. Even if jagex only think about money that'd be an awsome way to get more members and players, the ones already playing more happy etc etc.

If you ask me jagex has been doign a lot better the last 2 months or so with content that the players actually want. Time for graphics soon? They could call it rs 2.1 2.2 etc with the newer graphics upgrades gradually to get more ppl hooked :P

sorry for the large amount of offtopic, yet semi-related stuff in this post that made it so long. I really hope ppl bother reading this.

kinda amazed that noone's mentioned how these spells will revolutionize single combat wildy.

Think of it. you got a guy out of the fight with high hp that keeps it full and heals you, bam, in stead of 20hp from a shark 70hp from another person. I'm not sure but i'm guessing it doesn't even take a turn of combat!

Ever missed that illusive kill because you needed 3 turns to pot up? what if you let a friend do it for you so you can hit 3 more turns of damage and have 3 more inv spots for food!

How about your support person also giving you thier spec bar? instead of 5 dds specs, you get 10. Who could survive 10 dds specs? you'd basicly always 5 hit your opponent or even faster!

Who wouldn't also want to have a more powerful ring of recoil sure to last the first 30 secs of a fight? Now if you've seen pking movies, you know that often the smallest margins win or loose you a fight. life ringers with same stats almost always loose to recoilers, how about both recoil and vengance?

I'd personally say that a team of 3 players in single would own now. A tber + 1st tangle while mooner pots up the ancients mage who'll be fighting. The tber could even movie it all while watching and distract any support the other player might have.

Now we have all the mage books we need. How about quest rewards that lets you choose a spell to permanently have in your spellbook no matter what one you're on? or choose from a list? or just add more spells to the different ones?

Loving this update, I'm only finding it strange that rangers haven't had anything in ages. yes, they were overpowered before the mage short spec was changed, but now both melees and mages have been owning them for a long time, none the less; well done jagex!

Personally, i'd say that i've had enough content updates for a long while, there's still so much to do! i'd love to see half the updates team working on revamping the graphics in the entire game and rather see half the amount of updates. think of pking with WoW graphics... *drools* And of course everything else. Even if jagex only think about money that'd be an awsome way to get more members and players, the ones already playing more happy etc etc.

If you ask me jagex has been doign a lot better the last 2 months or so with content that the players actually want. Time for graphics soon? They could call it rs 2.1 2.2 etc with the newer graphics upgrades gradually to get more ppl hooked :P

sorry for the large amount of offtopic, yet semi-related stuff in this post that made it so long. I really hope ppl bother reading this.

The spells that affect other players can only be cast in multi combat wildy.

ranger4life995ut.gif

The news spells are by no means a flop. The runes are very easily crafted, there's the money taken care of. Some useful teleports, snape grass on waterbirth, catherby for some farming stuff, moonclan for the rcing and the general area. The share/cure/heal options would be pretty good for, as before mentioned, castlewars, pking, and general game play. The rest are good too with the crafting, runecrafting, and farming related ones.

No flop in my opinion. I'll use these spells a lot, with currently the moonclan teleport being my #1 most used. (Crafting some astral runes while the prices are high.)

Slack_Tide.png

The spells that affect other players can only be cast in multi combat wildy.

No, actually all the spells can be cast outside of wilderness, and in single combat area. I've shared super pots with people in banks before.

For the record though, heal other only works when the other player isn't in combat.

Nazgul.jpeg

vengance looks like it could give really good use to people who mainly pk with mele, or stake with mele. although, having high mage is a requirement, and why not just use an ancient spell? well either way, it looks like it could be useful to some people, but maybe not the majority of runescape.

The major problem is, ancients fail alot unless you're wearing mage armour. Vengeance is like high alch; it always succeeds.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

Stat restore pot share - lvl 81

Astral rune x 2

Earth rune x 10

Water rune x 10

Effect: When cast on a stat, super stat, prayer, or energy restore potion, it will share it with up to 4 other players in the surrounding area.

team barrows? \' :thumbsup:

ps: pm me if you want to try this :D

sn: sobermidget

Bad lucky in Runescape is the real life equivilent to being hit by a car, struck by lighting and abducted by aliens all at the same time.

"The strong rule the weak but the wise rule the strong."

Its like a Monk class

Copying other Adventure games, like WoW maybe?

~Aussy

yesterday i was reading the story of warcraft (dont ask i was that bored) i found alot of things that rs may have took for warcraft :-k thats off topic though

i think these new spells are a waste of runes they may have some purpose like healing but not in my opinion :?

Runescape has been out literally years before WoW came out, and I don't think you can name a feature in WoW that isn't in another game

I'm pretty sure even castlewars was out before WoW had their capture the flag type game.

so maybe you're confused as to who is copying who ;) Not that it matters, because runescape is doing many things, much better than other companies are.

On topic, this update seems SO lackluster. very few spells that seem to be worth it. The one that lets you share pray pots is very cool but jagex refuses to add clan support so everytime I see them add something that is useful to a GROUP of people I just sigh and think about how much better it would be if we could have a clan system with a clan chat and clan tags....

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I'm truely dumbfounded at this spell set.

They all seem so pointless or flawed.

The only one I really like is magic imbue.

Good for making runes for pking.

Talking to npcs is okay too I guess, but I can leave the spells on all the time since most of them are utterly useless.

Truely disappointing on the whole.

FLOP.....

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

most of the new spells are pointless. the healing spells drain your own hp, meaning food is more practical for healing friends. the pie baking spells are pointless, i think you know why. the pot share spell is pointless because you still use 1 dose per person. this is the same as trading a potion around. not to mention very few teleports. the spell list offers only mild conveniences, while you lose out on all the conveniences of the modern magic spell list. overall, modern is still the generic spell list.

To be honest, as much as I want to be "The Perfect Mage" (yes, I love Magic :P ), this spell list really is mostly useless. An odd helper here and there, but not worth the time of having to go back and forth switching spell sets. I almost think getting 61 Crafting for it isn't worth my time (almost, we'll see).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

To be honest, as much as I want to be "The Perfect Mage" (yes, I love Magic :P ), this spell list really is mostly useless. An odd helper here and there, but not worth the time of having to go back and forth switching spell sets. I almost think getting 61 Crafting for it isn't worth my time (almost, we'll see).

It's Not, TBA.

But, I'm still On this spellbook after I got it after quest, and I'm not Changing for a while, I'm just stuborn and like the Very Rare Usage of the Spells. :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

i think that nobody will eva use half of the spells. they cost 2 much and are inpractical.
What is impractical about never needing supercompost, or balls of wool, or anti poison potions. If anything these spells have increased the likelyhood of group playing. Somethin gthis game dearly needs.

yeah but instead of needing super compost you need nats and astral runes!!! thats gotta be like 1k a go maybe more, for a super compost!!! wouldnt you rather use the normal way i know i would. and as for the anti poison potions ure gonna be taking up 3 spaces for an antipoison where normally you could just take up 1....pretty useless spells. the only one i think will be useful is the npc chat for slayers and maybe waterbirth island tele for dag king hunters...other than that a pretty bad set of spells...

You're wrong...in SO many ways.

First off, the runes aren't hard to craft what-so-ever. You figure you spend about 500 gp for the essence (or free if you mine them) to get the astral and nature runes for the supercompost spell...with an earth staff you don't use up the 15 earth runes. So that's free-500 gp for a supercompost. Plus you don't weigh yourself down with the supercompost buckets and whatnot.

Secondly, the anti-poison spells aren't just "3 spaces for 1 potion." The runes are stackable. Theoretically, you can have unlimited anti poison potion in 3 inventory spots as long as your runes hold out.

Thirdly, I doubt you have even given these spells a CHANCE. Have you tried them out, thouroughly? They're a famer's DREAM. The teleport spots to the fishing guild and catherby are FAR closer to the farming patches than the regular ardougne and camelot teleports. The other two farming patches can be accessed via a glory teleport and an ectophial. Also, you can cure a diseased plant with a spell, and have no fear of ever losing a plant while you ran back to a bank or shop to get a potion to remedy it.

That, and there's the fact that if you make House Teleport tablets, you can teleport to your house while having the lunar spells on. If you have 6 portals in your house, you can get every regular teleport while STILL having lunar on.

Basically, you're a fool for calling them useless, is what I am saying. You're either ignorant of their potential, or just a damn fool.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

ive concluded that this spell list convient to a small group of people is to most pointless...Im sticking with anchints and when i remember what jagex themselves said saying if you thought anchints was good wait till you see this i am disappointed. Still it has some convinet stuff but for most of the convinet teles u need very high mage lvl you have to hav 80+ mage for teles and 90+ for helpfull wildy spells but only with a big group.Just imagine tho vengance and ring of recoil would reflect a lot of damage

planoboy93.png

Founder of C.E.T.

I'm not a member myself, but by looking on the new spell list, I think it's really usefull spells. For example if you are Pking with a friend that suddenly sees that he/she has forgot to take food with him/her, and got low onb life, you can use the spell to heal him/her :) . But that's only what I think.

uhm... you transfer your hp to him/her...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i think that nobody will eva use half of the spells. they cost 2 much and are inpractical.
What is impractical about never needing supercompost, or balls of wool, or anti poison potions. If anything these spells have increased the likelyhood of group playing. Somethin gthis game dearly needs.

yeah but instead of needing super compost you need nats and astral runes!!! thats gotta be like 1k a go maybe more, for a super compost!!! wouldnt you rather use the normal way i know i would. and as for the anti poison potions ure gonna be taking up 3 spaces for an antipoison where normally you could just take up 1....pretty useless spells. the only one i think will be useful is the npc chat for slayers and maybe waterbirth island tele for dag king hunters...other than that a pretty bad set of spells...

You're wrong...in SO many ways.

First off, the runes aren't hard to craft what-so-ever. You figure you spend about 500 gp for the essence (or free if you mine them) to get the astral and nature runes for the supercompost spell...with an earth staff you don't use up the 15 earth runes. So that's free-500 gp for a supercompost. Plus you don't weigh yourself down with the supercompost buckets and whatnot.

Secondly, the anti-poison spells aren't just "3 spaces for 1 potion." The runes are stackable. Theoretically, you can have unlimited anti poison potion in 3 inventory spots as long as your runes hold out.

Thirdly, I doubt you have even given these spells a CHANCE. Have you tried them out, thouroughly? They're a famer's DREAM. The teleport spots to the fishing guild and catherby are FAR closer to the farming patches than the regular ardougne and camelot teleports. The other two farming patches can be accessed via a glory teleport and an ectophial. Also, you can cure a diseased plant with a spell, and have no fear of ever losing a plant while you ran back to a bank or shop to get a potion to remedy it.

That, and there's the fact that if you make House Teleport tablets, you can teleport to your house while having the lunar spells on. If you have 6 portals in your house, you can get every regular teleport while STILL having lunar on.

Basically, you're a fool for calling them useless, is what I am saying. You're either ignorant of their potential, or just a damn fool.

The irony, oh geez.

67th member to join Tip.it

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

99 Mage

99 Range

99 Summoning

99 Slayer

99 Prayer

I love the new spell "vegeance" I already had 2 exellent KO's

Using it before I enter the wild, then I attack someone (with whip, hopefully hitting 20+) then I put on DDS while they and attack me, making vegeance hitting 75% recoil, I throw another vegeance and start with the dds specs, doing an incredible amount of damage in VERY short time. O:)

Mik2thekel.png

I can tell you, as experienced farmed, these spells are inferior to the normal spellbook. Supercompost is never a problem if you have your slayermaster in shilo, just get 25 pineapples per task. If you know how to farm properly you also know that you are never around when your crops get diseased(waiting and checking your crops while they grow is a big waste of time, why dont you understand it). Both catherby and fishing guild teleports take like 2-3 times more runes whitout helping that much, in fact you could just cast camelot tp for both patches there. And then there is a lack of falador tp which is simply easier to use than glory to draynor.

The teleports from the normal spellbook are just way better than lunar.

Lunar magics are only usefull if you like to do clanwars, or daggonoth trips.

I havent tried the new spells bout they seem good to me! Its really clear what jagex are trying to do here, their clearly trying to accomadate for the skillers, almost all updates are geared towards pkers in some way or another, this update is very much aimed at the skillers. The standard magic is for most ppl, ancient magiks is for pkers that can afford it, and lunar is for skillers that can afford it! Yes im sure it has its uses in combat, but not as a mage, more as an addition to melee or a ranger that wudnt of bn using standard magic in the first place.

newbankofrsyq0.gif