I'm off to Scotland ^_^ (I'm Back!!)

the49ronin

Well, as the title says, i'm off to scotland :thumbsup: , which just happens to have haggis :-X . But besides that i'll be going around the cities and touring scary old castles and :ohnoes: also since i'm part of a dance group, we'll be performing there too. Yes, i am a guy, and yes i wear a kilt, don't understand why people have objections to them, i mean romans wore togas/kilts too, and they weren't made fun of (except for those who did and were crucified/put in the circus). Any way, i have to leave at 1pm CST so i got about 2.5hrs left before a 2 hour ride to Chicago then a 7 hour flight to Manchester and then finally to Edinburgh ::' >Any way, wish me luck (Gaah, i keep misplacing me stuff <.< )

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I think it's a stuffed stomach of a sheep.

Oooooo Tasty :-X

edit: just saw the post beneath me and oddly enough it makes liver sound like filet mignon.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

haggis: take the main organs of a sheep, then boil them for a few hours in salty water with vegetables and oatmeal, then you take the stomach, open it up, stuff the mashed up organs mixture into it then sew it back up, boil it longer then eat, yummm :-X Suffice to say, im not going to try it...

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

less than 1/2 hour to go before i leave, can i get a few good luck and good byes? :pray:

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Guest IdiotElzar

Get me some Brat, and I'll give you a high five.

Have fun, Scotland is awesome. They have like, Drive By arguments.

Edinburgh Castle is well worth a visit - you'll have a fantastic view of the city from it. Try and visit the Scottish Parliament also, even though it looks awful it'll still be worth viewing.

PS: Haggis is delicacy - once a year type of thing.

Offline and unavailable.

Sounds fun hope you have a good trip. I know haggis is generally accepted to be rather disgusting, but what exactly is it?

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. Although there are many recipes, it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver, and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately an hour. It somewhat resembles stuffed intestines (pig intestines otherwise known as chitterlings), sausages and savoury puddings of which it is among the largest types. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach. There are also meat-free recipes specifically for vegetarians which supposedly taste similar to the meat-based recipes.

Haggis is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties" (Scots: turnip and potatoes), each of these being mashed, separately. (The "neep" is the yellow vegetable called 'swede' in England and 'rutabaga' in the United States.)

hope that answers your question \' :thumbsup:

There are also meat-free recipes specifically for vegetarians which supposedly taste similar to the meat-based recipes.

Yeah -- and in my experience they are actually quite similar, though I may just have been having some very strange haggis. If you are worried you won't like a meat one, you might try a vege one; as I say, I think they're quite similar. Thing is, having never eaten both a meat one and a vegetarian one in the same meal, I can't be that sure.

What?! You're leaving me?? :uhh: I don't know how to cope with that .. how am I supposed to edit the picture now?! I hope you get a face full of haggis <.< .. but have fun! :D And now I am free of one stalker. :P

i am a paint noob

Heh actually haggis is really nice. We don't have it often but it's a nice change from other types of food.

I think it's funny that other people will eat other food like hamburgers and sausages which probably have as much "disgusting" stuff put in them these days. I think if most of you actually tried haggis you would like it.

Anyway Edinburgh at this time of year is great, with the fesitval & the Fringe and all. You said you are part as a dance group, will be taking part in this?

But yes, now that you are visiting Scotland expect all the stereotypes under the sun thrown at you by people who have never visited the place. Just either get used to it or ignore them, we have to.

I hope as you have the chance to visit Scotland you will form your own opinions of the place instead of thinking we all walk around wearing kilts and eating haggis.

sig2ho7.jpg

hehe, writing this in an internet cafe, and yes i am taking part of the dancing group it is limited time and my sister is urging me to get off

i hate jet-lag....

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Guest GhostRanger
But yes, now that you are visiting Scotland expect all the stereotypes under the sun thrown at you by people who have never visited the place. Just either get used to it or ignore them, we have to.

I hope as you have the chance to visit Scotland you will form your own opinions of the place instead of thinking we all walk around wearing kilts and eating haggis.

Wait... you don't walk around wearing kilts all day? Pfft...there goes my number one reason for visiting Scotland one day.

Wait... you don't walk around wearing kilts all day? Pfft...there goes my number one reason for visiting Scotland one day.

there were a few guys in kilts but those were mainly the tour guides to the castles and old parts of edinburgh, otherwise i was very surprised by the number of tourists that were here, i heard langauges from every main country and even from people who apperently leave a few blocks away from where i live, small world isn't it? :roll:

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

• 2 weeks later...

W00t, well i'm back from Scotland guys, really happy that i was able to go but am really tired, camera is with brother and my computer is actuing slow so im going to do a few posts here or there but otherwise am going to relax for awhile

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

no welcome back or a hi?? :cry:

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle