Range/Mage Prayers Questions and Possible Tactics

RAHK

Brand-spanking new, long-awaited, and long overdue mage and range boosting prayers are due this month! I have loads of questions that I will have to wait until the update to get answered but I was wondering about my fellow tip.iters opinions-

Do you think that the new prayers will:

1. be p2p only?

2. be progressive like the attack/defense/strength prayers (+5%,+10%, +15%)? Answered

prayer_main.gif

3. be higher or lower than their melee relativess? Answered above.

4. effect our defense? Higher mage level helps defense against magic so perhaps using mage protect, steel skin, and "Mystic Law" will make mages useless even without kharil's or dhide? Don't tell me that smiting zeroes will help, lol.

5. have a huge effect on pking (perhaps not a large impact on p2p but this will help both mages and rangers on f2p considering how crappy their gear is)?

6. be used much in non-pvp situations since most range and mage training is done while safe-spotting?

7. raise the max hit of slayer dart (I believe it is 19 or 20 with 99 mage plus pot)?

8. effect any other spells in a noticeable manner other than making them hit more often?

9. make which range weapon max hits possible (30s with crybow pl0x)?

10. make rangers even more over-powered than they were before? Pray "Hawk eye", shoot the rune xbow, d-stone bolts, and then a dds spec once you hit your random max (50+?). Pretty scary. :ohnoes: (I don't think rangers are over-powered now but many people do.)

11. make new "pures" that have only the desired range/mage prayer level?

Let's hear your opinions either way and PLEASE don't repeatedly post "ruined the dang wildy jagex, good job :evil: " because the wildy is ruined with every single update since RSC, apparently. :lol:

P.S. I think jagex cruised that topic about wimpy-looking monsters. Thats why they are beefing up the "scary" ones now in my opinion. TIF ftw! That demon looks VAGUELY like diablo to me.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

im excited <.<

Wahoo!

I wrote this thread and posted it and... saw a thread on the same thing. Well I guess this one asks specific questions as opposed to providing kb hints, lol.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

dude im glad about it.....it will help my staking tons :P

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

1. be p2p only? hopefully not

2. be progressive like the attack/defense/strength prayers (+5%,+10%, +15%)? yes

3. be higher or lower than their melee relativess? no

4. effect our defense? Higher mage level helps defense against magic so perhaps using mage protect, steel skin, and "Mystic Law" will make mages useless even without kharil's or dhide? Don't tell me that smiting zeroes will help, lol. no

5. have a huge effect on pking (perhaps not a large impact on p2p but this will help both mages and rangers on f2p considering how crappy their gear is)? yes huge

6. be used much in non-pvp situations since most range and mage training is done while safe-spotting? yes

7. raise the max hit of slayer dart (I believe it is 19 or 20 with 99 mage plus pot)? no

8. effect any other spells in a noticeable manner other than making them hit more often? no

9. make which range weapon max hits possible (30s with crybow pl0x)? no

10. make rangers even more over-powered than they were before?no Pray "Hawk eye", shoot the rune xbow, d-stone bolts, and then a dds spec once you hit your random max (50+?). Pretty scary. (I don't think rangers are over-powered now but many people do.) lol

11. make new "pures" that have only the desired range/mage prayer level? of course

3. be higher or lower than their melee relativess? no

4. effect our defense? Higher mage level helps defense against magic so perhaps using mage protect, steel skin, and "Mystic Law" will make mages useless even without kharil's or dhide? Don't tell me that smiting zeroes will help, lol. no

9. make which range weapon max hits possible (30s with crybow pl0x)? no

10. make rangers even more over-powered than they were before?no Pray "Hawk eye", shoot the rune xbow, d-stone bolts, and then a dds spec once you hit your random max (50+?). Pretty scary. (I don't think rangers are over-powered now but many people do.) lol

3. That question (already answered with the pic) was answerable only with "higher" or "lower"...?

4. Why wouldn't a higher mage level from prayer increase your mage defense? The kb and many people say that magic defense depends on your defense level, magic level, and magic defending gear.

9. So +15% range will not increase range weapons' max hit's? How do you figure?

10. Lol? If you get hit a 50 with a d stone arrow, chances are you won't be able to heal before they can wipe you out with 4 dds specs.

OMG. they are forgetting aboy mellers again. give melle like a extreme powerfull weapon that pwns jad. o ranger? give them a rock to throw or sumthing

(sarcasim)

I am not sure what you mean... I enjoy all forms of combat and want them to be equal. These new prayers are only a good thing in my opinion since they are a move to finish what jagex started from RSC; which is to split the classes. Now prayer has an offensive purpose for things other than melee. I guess I don't really get your joke, sorry. :oops:

RahkUrWrld.png

well before the release of construction with the gilded altar, prayer was extremely hard to level up due to costs and time

i actually am going to love this update

my 1 pray staker is going to own even more :twisted:

jagex hates pker pures lol

What?

m_theory11.png

I am insanely happy... the new cbows may look great and all but they really still cant beat a msb in wild potted with rune arrows. IF it is 15% then that means id be able to get a 25 with rune potted, and 26 at 99 range :P the idea of hitting a bit above shark healing ability really appeals to me :D

the new prayers will be p2p, f2p deserves nothing

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

I doubt that the new prayers will only be f2p because...the melee prayers are f2p , and that would be giving f2p warriors an advantage? :-k
f2p warriors have always had the advantage, f2p rangers\mages have few uses if any. My bet is they will be members only prays.
Nazgul.jpeg

the new prayers will be p2p, f2p deserves nothing

I am about 90% sure that the new prayers will be both f2p and p2p. The reason that I think so is that the equivelant melee prayers are f2p. I hardly think that f2p deserve nothing; they play the game and most would pay for runescape if they could afford/were allowed to do so. They just deserve a lot less for not playing. :mrgreen:

I really think that mage pkers/stakers are going to be mad. Picture a level 80 with 70 attack (whip or veracs), 50 strength, 45 prayer (guess on the max prayer level needed), 70 defense/hp, and 83 mage/range (potable for tb).

They put on dds/whip and kharils.

They drink a super set and a mage pot.

This boosts the defense stat to ~83 and the mage level to 87 (?).

They pray steel skin which boosts their defense level to ~96.

They pray mystic law which boosts their mage level to ~100.

They pray protect from mage.

Since magic level, defense level, and gear worn determine magic defense 99 magers are going to have an EXTREMELY hard time touching this combat level 80 MELEER.

If this does anything for pking/staking it will mostly lower mages' offensive ability, raise rangers offensive ability (provided that range defense is not based off of range level like magic), and increase meleers defense against magic. Poor mages. :?

RahkUrWrld.png