F2p magic at a disadvantage?`

Short_Stuf

I think F2p magic is at a disadvantage.

The only armour available is wizard robes, which is hugely inadequet.

Also, why do spells fail and hit zeros? It seems a little one sided to me.

F2p has very little access to higher level runes. They can't craft them, and they are quite expensive. This could be remedied.

I think that failing spells should be removed, and new armour be added. Not because I think f2p need updates, but because magic has a disadvantage. The rune thing is a little less important, but significant nonetheless.

Agree, disagree, whatever.

userbaracolyteau6jw2.png

Every fighting style hits 0's. So no to that. And failing a spell is done so mages wont be hitting high numbers, while wearing say.. full rune. If they want to hit, theyll wear items to their advantage.

No and no.

Every fighting style hits 0's. So no to that. And failing a spell is done so mages wont be hitting high numbers, while wearing say.. full rune. If they want to hit, theyll wear items to their advantage.

No and no.

Ok, I see your point here, but do you agree that they need new armour?

userbaracolyteau6jw2.png

mages are already too powerful in f2p. In a matter of maybe 6 hits, he can take down an unsuspecting rune-clad warrior.

However, f2p should be able to craft chaos runes.

only to a certian lvl. Then all the spells become p2p and f2p mages are pretty much awful after lvl 60. They become the weakest of the three kinds of players as range and melee can both continue to attack harder while mages are limited to there spells

phily.png

thxs vibro for the sig ^_^.

mages are already too powerful in f2p. In a matter of maybe 6 hits, he can take down an unsuspecting rune-clad warrior.

only to a certian lvl. Then all the spells become p2p and f2p mages are pretty much awful after lvl 60. They become the weakest of the three kinds of players as range and melee can both continue to attack harder while mages are limited to there spells

Yes, but the vast MAJORITY of f2p players are under lvl 60.

nh.jpg

Yes, but the vast MAJORITY of f2p players are under lvl 60.

true dat BUT NOT ME!! :D lvl 63 and i hate combat anyway lol i could be much higher considering how long ive been playing ::'

phily.png

thxs vibro for the sig ^_^.

mage hits like 90% constantly with fire blast on rune armour - if the other guy doesn't pray thats why in clan wars mages get most of the kills and that is why leaders tell you to targer mages first.

mages aint underpowerd they hit 16s at 59 mage level on f2p whilst rangers hit 16s at 99 range level in f2p.

but i am not saying range is underpowerd eighther i get most kills on my pure when we go pking as team his a pure ranger btw.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

mages aint underpowerd they hit 16s at 59 mage level on f2p whilst rangers hit 16s at 99 range level in f2p.

Even though rangers hit 16 at 99 range they got a speed advantage which changes the out come.

ddcopybi5.png

^Clickity to go to our forums

I Agree On That, Chaos Runes Are So High For F2P,(Last Time I Checked 70 per Rune?)Maybe Somehow Make Chaos Crafting For F2p At A Diffrent Level, Like 10-15 More Levels Higher Than P2P.

F2p Should Also Get Some New Robes,Nothing Diffrent,Just Like Maybe A Dark Wiz Cloak With A Slight Better Magic Bonus Than Other Magic Hats. :-k

I have A Main Account, W00Dp3ck3r,Level 53,For Those Who Think I'm A noob.

Even though rangers hit 16 at 99 range they got a speed advantage which changes the out come.

and they get defence against all attack styles, while mage gets robes with like +1 defence bonuses, all a warrior has to do is take off his armour and the mage will get owned, everytime.

Angelic_Whim.png

eh you got a point but everything fails and hits zeros sometimes... i personally think they should atleast make snare f2p cause bind isnt good enough for pvp in f2p

Or Add A 20 Second Holder(Members Only,High Level Spell)And Make Snare F2p

I have A Main Account, W00Dp3ck3r,Level 53,For Those Who Think I'm A noob.

Disadvantage. Fire blast owns people in rune plate. Just like a rune scimmy owns mage and green dragonhide. And the robes doesnt matter, as everyone has the same mage bonus, it doesnt make a difference. Although it is hard to hit any damage on a noobie pker with D hide chaps and a iron plate body..

Jaskkes.png

F2P goes as follows

Melee max hit-around 40

Magic max hit- 16

Range max hit-no where near 40

In F2P you really can only get high hits with melee. However most f2p melee people cant hit 16's in the first place so it doesnt matter.

Drgnriderx11.png

im a mage most of the time when im pking but i really dont care about f2p magic, hiting 16s is good, easy for taking out noobs that walk into u. on the side, the f2p armour could get a little upgrading

Sees Chocolate should be a medicine on my life insurance plan

f_those_fers.png

I don't want them to raise the power of magic too much on f2p. It already ruined pvp on members.

Way too much... You have the power to stop someone from moving and teleporting so they're like sitting ducks. It's entirely too powerful.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

F2P goes as follows

Melee max hit-around 40

Magic max hit- 16

Range max hit-no where near 40

In F2P you really can only get high hits with melee. However most f2p melee people cant hit 16's in the first place so it doesnt matter.

How can you hit 40 in f2p??

Max hit I could find on tip.It's calc was 33.. r2h + str ammy + pot + pray + 99 str....

A 40 cb pure can hit 16's with fire blast... That's kinda powerful don't ya think?

You shouldn't be able to hit 40 in f2p.

I agree that magic in f2p could use slight boosting. Slightly better armor and the snare spell should balance it for combat. Chaos rune crafting would be very helpful, but it's not really too big of a deal. (Rangers don't get to make their own arrows, to be fair. :P )

All-in-all, it isn't too bad, especially since those low level mage pkers are overpowered. (magic has a tendancy to decline in power as levels grow higher in RPG's, or at least all the ones I've played)

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

At my level in F2P, it's basically: I don't care if you are a mage or a ranger, I'll still cut you to ribbons with my rune scimitar. At higher levels, Fire Blasts splash all the time, even on full rune. Mage robes are basically useless. Mages should dominate over melee, not the other way around.