What happens when you close the RS window without login out?

digitalstick

No I think it stays logged in until it automatically logs you out. That's why you should never X out in the wild or near dangerous random events.

Umm, ya, it auto-logs you out after a minute. I read a rant once about some guy who had his computer crash in the wilderness, he died...and was mad.

Every once and a while I'll type something rethink my judgement and delete it. As I am taping the backspace button it goes back on my browser :ohnoes: and I panic for about the next minute until I can access a server and log on, but it has never taken a full minute so It may have logged me off the second I hit backspace. :-k I'm not sure and nothing bad has come of it yet but it just kind of bugs me.

Oh and now I'm very paranoid when i hit the backspace button :-$

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

Every once and a while I'll type something rethink my judgement and delete it. As I am taping the backspace button it goes back on my browser :ohnoes: and I panic for about the next minute until I can access a server and log on, but it has never taken a full minute so It may have logged me off the second I hit backspace. :-k I'm not sure and nothing bad has come of it yet but it just kind of bugs me.

Hey, this has happened to me too! I wonder what it is? It is very annoying. Pretty sure it logs you out though.

ok good that makes me feel better.

But I'm still afraid my backspace button hates me :ohnoes:

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

me my computer crashes a lot so im getting used to it but what gets me reaaly mad its when i was fighting in the wilderness one day i lodt full mith because of my ''beep'' computer i know its not a lot but still

:wall:

what does not kill u makes u stronger...

rsn: bd zeus AND runswithsciz

lmaoap4.png

Hey, this has happened to me too! I wonder what it is? It is very annoying. Pretty sure it logs you out though.

Because you use firefox, and it does that because the advertisement changes and the runescape window doesnt become the active one.

Internet explorer doesnt do that.

tifsbti6oi.gif

Because you use firefox, and it does that because the advertisement changes and the runescape window doesnt become the active one.

Internet explorer doesnt do that.

safari does it too. Its a mac browser

yeah thats not true what a few people haver said, i have closed it accidently and selected a new world and theres usually only a 20-30 world switch delay before i can get back on, obviously takes less then a minute

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

• 11 months later...

doesnt log u out, browsers have shortcut buttons (backspace happens to be the one for page back) if u don't switch tabs, it wouldnt happen, if u don't click OUTSIDE the game screen, it wouldn't happen.

im sure theres some way to turn it off, haven't found it...

by the way, just press enter anyway if ur in wildy, even if u have typo's/wrong judgement, just explain...

by the way, i have nearly the same thing, on my mouse there are 2 buttons, 1 for back and 1 for forward, it anoys me more then the backspace <.<

doesnt log u out, browsers have shortcut buttons (backspace happens to be the one for page back) if u don't switch tabs, it wouldnt happen, if u don't click OUTSIDE the game screen, it wouldn't happen.

im sure theres some way to turn it off, haven't found it...

by the way, just press enter anyway if ur in wildy, even if u have typo's/wrong judgement, just explain...

by the way, i have nearly the same thing, on my mouse there are 2 buttons, 1 for back and 1 for forward, it anoys me more then the backspace <.<

I think there is some way to get past it, by editing regedits. Unfortunately I'm not an expert in doing so and I don't know how to do that, flankly speaking.

You may use SS third party client to prevent this problem. I'm using that one and backspace worked fine (Yes, the only remaining legitmate one, I think)

OR

the runescape windows client (official one)

A friendly remainder: DON"T Try to get out of losing duels/randoms by this way. If detected, you gonna be banned!!!

Currently taking a break from Runescape