Contest Over, Please Close

User

ok here is some whole diffrent art of me.

made a Logo for you. This one you can use in every game or site you want.

Not sure you like it... but i sure do :P

TimeofDeathLogoSample.png

I also worked on my first one... changed the sky little bit and some other small things.

TimeofDeathproductionssample.png

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1_Hit_Quit -- Very good, definently something I'd like to buy.

Keiphus -- Looks very nice, and the theme is great, but rather plain. Please try adding some backgrounds.

wrym -- A bit simplistic, but nice in general.

nachtschaduw -- Looks neat, good for many games. Please try changing the font, it's rather plain.

Chicken -- Background is nice, but please add some more content. Computer parts, cartoony characters, whatever.

Agent_F -- I can't see the image, seems the link is broken. Please try re-uploading it.

You forgot me too. One thing though, Keiphus and Wyrm have by far the best ones so far yet you said you liked other ones better? Honestly tell me ifyou've ever played a game and the company that has been involved has an abstract with text on it saying their name? Never. It's about a minimalistic art and getting yoru point across. Abstract art does not do well here and I suggest you don't purchase anything abstract.

Unfortunately this is his contest and he can purchase whichever one he wants.

That's true...

User, I know you're entitled to your opinion..but..

If you really want to be seen as a professional coder, somebody who's going someplace, you want art like keiphus' representing you. If you have splashes like 1_hit_quit's (no offence to him), people won't take you seriously.

You should go with Keiphus'. Look at other programming companies, their art is minimalistic, refined, and usually themed to their name.

IRKAa.jpg

User, I know you're entitled to your opinion..but..

If you really want to be seen as a professional coder, somebody who's going someplace, you want art like keiphus' representing you. If you have splashes like 1_hit_quit's (no offence to him), people won't take you seriously.

You should go with Keiphus'. Look at other programming companies, their art is minimalistic, refined, and usually themed to their name.

yeah that's what i'm thinking. 1_hit's is just a brush pile, and would probaly take someone 5-10minutes tops to make...

I'll make a minamalistic one, but only if your interested in that style.

yeah that's what i'm thinking. 1_hit's is just a brush pile, and would probaly take someone 5-10minutes tops to make...

look, it does not matter how much time it takes to make a picture?... Its about how it looks. If User likes it, then 1 hit did what was asked right? Its about what the buyer wants, that can be simple pictures but also very professional pics.

now dont comment about the pics of others, cuz thats users job.

look, it does not matter how much time it takes to make a picture?... Its about how it looks. If User likes it, then 1 hit did what was asked right? Its about what the buyer wants, that can be simple pictures but also very professional pics.

now dont comment about the pics of others, cuz thats users job.

I wasn't realy related to the time as much as its just a bunch of downloaded brushes splashed on a canava's. yes if user likes it thats all that matters, just he's probaly gunna get flamed by his programing buddys lol :P

Xhayzie -- Pretty cool, but I see what you mean about the damaged quality. Please upload the bitmap or whatever file type it was origonally and post a link. Also, the text could be better....

nachtschaduw -- As for your first blueish banner, neat background, but the round object looks rather out of place. Could you try changing the color scheme of it? As for your other, the skull looks pretty good, and the consistent glowing effect is neat, but overall it's rather simplistic.

Lastpak -- Background isn't so great....

Thanks for the advice, everyone, I will certainly reconsider.

Xhayzie -- Pretty cool, but I see what you mean about the damaged quality. Please upload the bitmap or whatever file type it was origonally and post a link. Also, the text could be better....

nachtschaduw -- As for your first blueish banner, neat background, but the round object looks rather out of place. Could you try changing the color scheme of it? As for your other, the skull looks pretty good, and the consistent glowing effect is neat, but overall it's rather simplistic.

Lastpak -- Background isn't so great....

Thanks for the advice, everyone, I will certainly reconsider.

You still never commented on some...like mine or nad's new one...

I may not comment on every one. Yours was somewhat humorous, but far from halarious, and there are many similar images. I could also make one like that myself very easily.

Why won't you comment on mine... i made the changes you wanted i want to know if you are interested in it or should i try something else =\

I may not comment on every one. Yours was somewhat humorous, but far from halarious, and there are many similar images. I could also make one like that myself very easily.

And you can't make the one's you've said you liked so far? I bet anyone with an hour with photoshop could make most of the abstracts submitted so far.

Also, you've failed to state what you want. We've told you that abstract will not be a good idea. Minimalistic is the way to go. But you haven't said if you agree or not. Do you want more brush piles or do you want good looking/professional minimalistic pieces of art like what Keiphus did?

And you can't make the one's you've said you liked so far? I bet anyone with an hour with photoshop could make most of the abstracts submitted so far.

Also, you've failed to state what you want. We've told you that abstract will not be a good idea. Minimalistic is the way to go. But you haven't said if you agree or not. Do you want more brush piles or do you want good looking/professional minimalistic pieces of art like what Keiphus did?

Yeah...I didn't realize what this was a contest for when I entered. Someone just linked me this page and told me to enter, so I did. All I saw was dimensions and "any style you want"

I agree that a minimalistic image would be the most appropriate for User's purpose. Maybe I'll make one, or work on adding some minimalistic elements to my abstract. And fix my ugly [wagon] text.

Nevertheless, Ryan, you don't gotta go bashing all the abstracts. If you don't like one person's entry, tell that person. You're words hurt my feelings and make me cry.

-Chicken

Yeah...I didn't realize what this was a contest for when I entered. Someone just linked me this page and told me to enter, so I did. All I saw was dimensions and "any style you want"

I agree that a minimalistic image would be the most appropriate for User's purpose. Maybe I'll make one, or work on adding some minimalistic elements to my abstract. And fix my ugly wagon text.

Nevertheless, Ryan, you don't gotta go bashing all the abstracts. If you don't like one person's entry, tell that person. You're words hurt my feelings and make me cry.

-Chicken

Okay, I don't a lot of the entries. I don't even like mine. Your's was good Chicken but I don't it was good for the contest. It would make a very nice sig. The pieces I'm really not liking are the ones from the absolute n0obs in photoshop. I have nothing against someone trying, but they're getting much better comments then they should ever get.

Xhayzie -- Pretty good, I may pay a bit for it. I wouldn't give a great ammount for it though.

Ryan -- Okay, I see your point. Maybe the abstract one wasn't the type of thing that would require tons of skill. Maybe it wouldn't be best. But as I said I'd like a variety of styles, and so far that's really been the only good abstract.

Xhayzie -- Pretty good, I may pay a bit for it. I wouldn't give a great ammount for it though.

Ryan -- Okay, I see your point. Maybe the abstract one wasn't the type of thing that would require tons of skill. Maybe it wouldn't be best. But as I said I'd like a variety of styles, and so far that's really been the only good abstract.

That's fine. Maybe someone will find something that will catch your eye and be good for what you want it for.

I got somthing awesome planned if you give me a little time, halfway through making it uh well... Long story short i dont have photoshop atm.

Updated my entry ;)

user1.jpg

edit** he bought my pic :)

here's your proof that he's legit

trade1.jpg

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/7557/highlvl2003.jpg <-- full screen shot.

He's still got way more to give away- 2 party hats- so you all should work three times as hard because there's no risk of him stealing your work.

-Chicken

TOD.gif

Just a preview, I'm working on better sword and clock I just put those together to show you a sample, unless you want it that way that is. This 3D abstract BG in 1 of a kind and I made it JUST for this contest. I'm eyeballing a yellow P hat (My rs dream :P ) Hope you like what Ive got so far