Flying is cool, so why not let our characters do it?

fuzzo_rique

Suggestion:

Make a high level prayer or magic spell to allow your avatar to levitate and move at a speed greater than or equal to that of running, while draining no run energy. If it's a spell, the rune cost could be per minute. Higher prayer or magic levels allow your avatar to levitate higher, over fences, city walls, or buildings. :thumbsup:

What do you think?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Hmm, in it sounds like a fairly well thought-out idea, but really it doesw not seem too practical. I mean, aren't there already enough shortcuts for you provided by Agility. I can see using magic, but not prayer, magic would be the most likely skill to be used, but who really needs something faster than running? Not only that, but it would almost completely eliminate the ned for agility and would make crafting runes and such way too easy (Think, flying over the trees faster than running, crafting nature runes).

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

erm...

no.

First off, ...

no.

I don't really like the rune per minute deal or the 2x running and no energy drain deal. What's up with the prayer? it has nothing to do with flying :? .

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

You succesfully fly over the tree

Congratulations you just advanced a flight level.

You are now a level 20 flyer. You can now use Red Devil Wings to fly.

"Woohoo 70 more levels till I can be a One Winged Angel(reference Sephiroth FFVII)"

Bad Idea last bit was for fun.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Flying is going a bit extreme if you ask me. Plus, it would make the game a lot easier. Getting in and out of the wildy completely safe, running from monsters, getting into places you need certain levels to, ect.

Wouldn't work.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I'm lazy, too. That's why I use teleport spells, fairy rings, dueling rings, games necklaces, glory amulets, elf crystals....

Though I think flying would add a really cool dimension to the game (imagine fighting giant eagles as a slayer mission) I don't think the game engine can handle the three dimensional aspect. If you realize it, Runescape really isn't a 3-d game. It's really a 2-dimentional game with a 3-dimensional perspective (i.e. camera angle). If it was a true 3-d game, you'd be able to stand on the upper floor of a building, look out the balcony, and see other players on the level below you - complete with their conversations and all that. Those few places where you can stand at an upper level and "see" what's going on below you are such that you cannot get into square directly below the one you are in.

Nice idea, but it won't work without overhauling the game engine.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Youre missing the point

High magic level or no high magic level, flying would destroy the gameplay

Even with lvl 99 magic as a requirement, this would be a huge incentive for people to raise their magic (potentially altering the rune and essence economy)

why bother using any other mode of transport if you could just fly anyway?

potentially altering the rune and essence economy

Wouldn't only affect these, emerald prices (maybe gold bars as well), dragonstone/glory prices prices, half key prices, probably many others as well. Some quest items would also be rendered almost useless, as many are only kept after the quest as a means of transportation.

Could it be possible that this could open up different worlds, Cloud City possibly.

Lol new quest!! You got to travel to this Cloud City and try to save your friends but some evil bad guy comes and in the final fight he says: "No, I am your father!" :o

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

come on

you guys has to be a little bit realistic

runescape is a midages game

they couldnt fly there to

i know magic is not realistic to, but that isnt so dumb as flying

i rly hate this idea

bad idea

:shame:

Apparently none of you can multiply correctly....

300cats x 100deaths= 3,000deaths

3,000deaths=900,000gp

^^WTF?^^

so someone would get exp. for jus standing(flying) in one spot every minute without having to do anything? Makes no sense to me? And like some one ahead said : it would get rid of the purpose of agility...!

chickenwhipdo3.jpg

runesfinestxo7.png

No flying

Never

You're thinking about it again........ :shame:

Just don't even think about it. The only thing related to wings and flying I'd like to see is a holiday drop with christmas angel wings and halloween daemon wings which would be for show and not allow you to fly. This is turning out to be like horses..........

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

The only thing related to wings and flying I'd like to see is a holiday drop with christmas angel wings and halloween daemon wings which would be for show and not allow you to fly.

Now theres a good idea :D

I wonder what jagex will do next for holiday drops....(no-one answer that, it would be off-topic)

i dont think this is good idea, i mean why not immediatly huge tank which could just drive over all the trees.

and if you really desired to fly, do the grand tree quest

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif