2 Speed Sketches...

Keiphus

Well I haven't really done anything stenuous here in over a year....

I kinda stopped doing graphics, but always hung around and played around with things, never really posting anything.... Hell, I don't think I have submitted to DevArt in over a year and a half...

Well anyway, I've been trying to get back into the spin of things, and I started working on some speed sketches... Here are two that I did today, I think I'll start posting new ones here everyday.

I did a bird and some other ones at school, but these were done here at home.

The first one took 18 minutes, and the second took 23. I was going for a 45minute session, but I was chatting for a while between them... :lol:

They are done with only 2 brushes, the basic one, and the fuzzy one. Yes, my hand hurts.

Anyway, enough jawin', here they are.

23 minutes:

ssflower.jpg

18 minutes:

ssbeach.jpg

Tried more to capture the essense of each picture, rather than going for detail itself. That's usually the point of speed paintings. :lol: If you are looking to improve your skill, this is something I definately recommend. Both images off somewhere from Google.

Can anyone help me with my wacom? IT's a graphire3 and I have had it for over a year now... but for some reason, the pressure sensitivity acts wierd... sometimes it's pressure sensitive, and sometimes it just "turns off". I dunno what's up, but its hard to do stuff like this without the pressure setting... any reason why it could be going in and out like that?

Awsome job keiph, cool to see you getting back in the swing of things :D you know alot of newer people hear you talking about yourself and others talking about you but don't know who the hell you are, well maybe now they can learn 8)

Very nice, I like the hibiscus the best. That's the kind of art I feel that I'm capable of, but certainly not in that timeframe. Nice for the time you put into them. I hope to see more other styles than pixel here, this is a good first step.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Very nice, I like the hibiscus the best. That's the kind of art I feel that I'm capable of, but certainly not in that timeframe. Nice for the time you put into them. I hope to see more other styles than pixel here, this is a good first step.

Yeah, I agree, the first one is the best. In the second one, the horse looks a little awkward because of the snout (?) but overall they're both very good :D I like the little blur in the first one, makes it easier to focus on the center piece which is the flower.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

The first one looks realy good!

I like the 2nd one less, the blackish rock at the left part looks a bit like a camel. Not realy clear what it is without the reference photo.

But good-job! looks good :wink:

haha, the camellooking thing is a horse? :oops: Guess who feels stupid lol, I thought it was a rock that was going into the sea. Sorry! :oops:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Guest FireFreek

The second one looks quite nice, there is some depth in it.

It really is not that difficult to sketch from a reference pic though...

haha, the camellooking thing is a horse? :oops: Guess who feels stupid lol, I thought it was a rock that was going into the sea. Sorry! :oops:

..thats because it is a rocking going into the sea

Yes, I saw that, but after punk said it was a Horse I had my doubts about it beeing a rock. You can't see it clearly at the picture.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!