whatever happened to the guy who fashioned armor????

DirtNaps

okay, i've been playing runescape since back in the days of rs 1, and i stopped playing once rs 2 was released, but I recently started back up again. to my surprise, the guy in east varrock (next to the rune shop) that used to fashion your legs and plates to skirts and female plates was no longer around!

what ever happened to him? why did jagex remove this feature?

Currently training combat

71/82 Attack

77/78 Strength

71/71 Defense

74/77 Hits

Jagex removed him when RS2 came. They claim the reason is that the armour now automatically change to show if the character is male or female so there is no need for him. Sure... plates do change looks...

As for skirts -> legs or the other way around, there is NO way to change them nowadays. This is in my opinion plain stupid from Jagex side. Since there are a lot more males playing runescape than females, this has caused the leg price (when trading with other players) to be considerably higher than the skirt price. This difference especially shows in dragon legs/skirts, and the trimmed treasure trail legs/skirts.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

yeah i remember hearing about this guy. the leg to skirt thing should be changeable though. eeither bring him back or bring in a new feature. it seems stupid especially when you look at the pricing of d legs compred to d skirt.

io didnt know there was so much difference in tt items and god armour

Athalus_1988.png

let fire spin and parafin burn. ill call it fun.

http://www.domorepoi.com

I have plenty of friends who wear the d skirt and a are males -.- Nothing wrong with it, it costs less than the legs any way :wink:

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

i think it'd be interesting to see him back, just for sake of crushing the price of dragon legs. I for one will stick with the skirt, I don't care THAT much about the look and it saves me 1.5mil for the SAME THING!

thanks for the answer, i played very briefly when rs2 was first released and never noticed he was taken out :-k

Currently training combat

71/82 Attack

77/78 Strength

71/71 Defense

74/77 Hits

... to my surprise, the guy in east varrock (next to the rune shop) that used to fashion your legs and plates to skirts and female plates was no longer around!

what ever happened to him? why did jagex remove this feature?

The name of that guy was Thrandor and this is what Jagex

said about him in Letters#27 back on 9th December 2004:

Thrandor has taken a well earned holiday to parts unknown, for he believed his services

were no longer needed in Varrock, and issued his resignation to King Roald at short notice.

It seems there is some small desire to see his position filled once more though,

so perhaps the council will be able to track him down and offer him his old job back,

possibly with a pay rise and increased benefits package.

So, he probably won't come back unless players repeatedly request Jagex to restore him to the game...