Guide to 60k construction xp per hour WITHOUT A BUTLER

henk333

Introduction:

Most people know that the cheapest way to level construction is using oak planks. But even if you make the planks yourself you find yourself with a difficult choice: will I pay a butler to bring me the planks or will I relocate my house to Yanille and walk from the portal to the bank and back. The first way is really expensive since you will need to pay your butler 7-10k every 100-150 planks (more if you send him to the sawmill aswell). The second way is a lot cheaper, but so much slower that it is not really an option. Now I present a third way that is cheap AND fast.

What do you need:

• [*:2ttqk28g]# of planks of your choice

[*:2ttqk28g]around 30 lyres (15 is the minimum amount I'd advise)

[*:2ttqk28g]1 raw bass per 48 planks and a ring of charos (a) OR 1 raw shark per 48 planks

[*:2ttqk28g]your house relocated to Relleka

[*:2ttqk28g]a quest hall next to your kitchen or workshop (optional, if this is not the case you will need a lot of glories)

Advised inventory and perfect house set-up:

inventeq4.png

24 oak planks to make 3 oak larders

lyre to get to your house

hammer and saw, needed to build

glory incase you click karamja instead of edgeville (trust me, you will :wink: )

perfectsetupvf4.png

You can see everything is close together. My exit portal is in the top left corner, short walk to the larder in the centre of the picture, easy glory access to the right.

If you don't want to build larders your next best option would be to make flatpacked carved oak tables. In that case you're better off building a workshop where I built my kitchen. Since carved oak tables take 6 planks you can build 4 flatpacked tables from the advised inventory.

How does it work:

Here is the simple, step by step process that will get you 60k construction xp per hour without paying your butler. I have been using it from 66 to 71 construction and plan to use it for the 3k oak planks still in my bank.

• [*:2ttqk28g]get your inventory as advised and use the lyre to teleport to Relleka

[*:2ttqk28g]walk south from the Relleka gates and enter your house in building mode

[*:2ttqk28g]get to your kitchen and build and remove 3 oak larders

[*:2ttqk28g]rub your mounted glory and tele to edgeville

[*:2ttqk28g]get another load of planks from your bank

[*:2ttqk28g]repeat

If you don't have a mounted glory you will be forced to use either duel rings or normal glories. With duel rings it will cost you 1 ring per 192 planks, which is not much, but will add up when doing the bigger goals (lvl 73+). Glories will slow you down a bit because you need to recharge them every so often. How much it slows you down depends on how many glories you have.

Obtaining and charging lyres

lyresuh7.png

You get your first lyre while doing the quest "The Fremennik trials". But one lyre is just not enough for this method. Getting more lyres is done in the same way as during the quest. First go to the swaying tree (red circle)and cut as many branches as lyres you want to make. Use a knife on them to make unstrung lyres. Next go to the troll Lalli (blue circle) to get golden fleece which he will sell you 1k each after the quest. Spin the fleece on a spinning wheel and use is with the unstrung lyres.

Now it's time to go charge the lyres with teleports. This is done at the yellow circle. If you have an activated ring of charos, raw bass will be accepted as being a "very small shark". Without that ring you will have to use actual raw sharks to charge your lyres. Your lyres can also be charged with raw seaturtles and raw manta ray.

Final words and Credits

Well there you have it. My way to get a lot of construction xp per hour without making your butler so incredibly rich he can hire you :P Enjoy!

If you have any advise on how to improve this method, found any embarrassing spelling/grammatical errors, please feel free to post.

Credits:

Pinguin333, author of this guide :P

tip.it, for the world map picture

imageshack.us, for hosting the images

JaGEx, for making the game we are talking about

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Great guide. Can you explain how you mount the amulet of glory in your house? And can you remove it from your house?

I've beaten the Heroe's Quest, oh yeah! Ummm, now what? I know, magic training! How FUN is that? Yippee!

And that was my waste of space called a sig.

looks good, btw, can you advertise the fact that i am sellin 450+ dueling ring (8)

Don't think so, if people want to use the duel ring methos they will have to find their own source.

Great guide. Can you explain how you mount the amulet of glory in your house? And can you remove it from your house?

To mount a glory in your house you need a quest hall and 47 construction. You can mount the glory in the guild trophy spot and if you want it back you can simply remove it from the wall. All you lose are the teak planks necessary to mount it, the glory is returned. When mounted a glory has infinite charges.

Superb guide, bookmarkd the page and will be using this for a very long time..

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

This guide will help me when i get training con.. Thats if i can be botherd to get some more lyres :XD:

Nice guide tho like the other guy^ I would never of thought of using lyres :wink:

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

This tip is sooo good man...thx for the info...i just changed one thing...take 2 lyres instead of one that way i dont change lyre every 2 bank trips...thats annoying. Other than that, 5 stars =)

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

This tip is sooo good man...thx for the info...i just changed one thing...take 2 lyres instead of one that way i dont change lyre every 2 bank trips...thats annoying. Other than that, 5 stars =)

If you place your charged lyres in the bankspot right next to your planks it's no problem at all changing lyres every 2 trips. Ending up in Karamja without another way to teleport costs more time, so I prefer to bring a glory.

Thanks everyone for the good comments \'

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

You could also use your house teleport spell, instead of lyres. Just hold an air staff bring 100 laws and 100 waters, saw and a hammer and of course 24 planks :wink: You can also wear a glory for if you accidently teleport to karamja....

or as you have 66 construction, you could make a eagle mahogany lecturn with a cup of coffee then making house tablets, it would save inventory spaces

You could also use your house teleport spell, instead of lyres. Just hold an air staff bring 100 laws and 100 waters, saw and a hammer and of course 24 planks :wink: You can also wear a glory for if you accidently teleport to karamja....

or as you have 66 construction, you could make a eagle mahogany lecturn with a cup of coffee then making house tablets, it would save inventory spaces

Using the house teleport to get back from the bank is very expensive. You would use 1 law per 24 planks, so if you want to do some major leveling (I did 6.7k planks in a couple of days) you would need hundreds of laws costing you a lot of extra money. Lyres on the other hand are cheap/free teleports since you can fish enough bass in an hour or so. Making teletablets is even more expensive since you need both the runes and the clay.

sounds really cool, but the whole "well u already got ur planks" thing dosen't bode too well with me

The method of getting the planks you want doesn't really matter for using this method and you will need to have the logs turned into planks for this to work. Getting the planks needed to level is the easiest part, since there is a big market for them, you can pick them from spawn points or make them yourself. The actual turning planks into xp used to take either money or a lot of time, but with this method I hope people will find that you can do it for a lot less money in a lot less time.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

yo, great idea, i should have thought of it as i use lyres all the time to get seaweed #-o one suggestion for all the whiners about precutting oak and for those who have low con, what i did to go from lvl 1 - lvl 40 in a day was limestone, buy from the shop in mor'rton for like 20 ea, and carve em for free crafting exp, bank in burge de rott and make a decorative rock over and over in a second garden. its very very cheap compaired to cost of cutting planks and takes about the same time to get as walkin to the saw mill.

my site(not much on it yet :p)

Chibois2.gif

nice guide, but wath the hell is a mounted glory =P~

Already answered:

To mount a glory in your house you need a quest hall and 47 construction. You can mount the glory in the guild trophy spot and if you want it back you can simply remove it from the wall. All you lose are the teak planks necessary to mount it, the glory is returned. When mounted a glory has infinite charges.

I'll add a picture:

glorydv7.png

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

one other thing you might want to consider is loading time. if you are doing a lot of training like this, you might want to remove rooms that you can afford to replace later. And this way your house should load faster each time you enter. Ideally there would only be the 3 rooms being used, but I'm sure most people don't want to go that far.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

If you place your charged lyres in the bankspot right next to your planks it's no problem at all changing lyres every 2 trips. Ending up in Karamja without another way to teleport costs more time, so I prefer to bring a glory.

Thanks everyone for the good comments \'

Just a thought that would probably never get used...Wear the glory? :XD:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!