Getting the MOST out of your Moss Giant training! (F2P) ;-P

Pinkbullet3

***Scroll down to see Skeroh's guide on the Moss Giants located in the Varrock sewers.***

Introduction:

I'm sure many of you people with combat levels of 70-105 love killing Moss Giants for training. Well, they're my favorite too, and here's a guide to help you get the most out of your Mossy training. I'd also like to say that this is for melee training, and not ranged or magic training. Sorry rangers/mages. (This is my first guide, so no flaming please.)

Now, I know most of you have incredible knowledge about the Mossies, and you may be asking, "Why do I have to read this? I already know stuff about killing Mossies..."

Well, I'll show you how to stay with the Mossies for a long time, reduce bank trips, and more.

Also, the Moss Giants that I will be talking about throughout the guide are on Crandor Island. Though it may sound as if C. I. is a members' place, it's actually a F2P place too.

Requirements:

(Optional, if you want to get the most out of your training.)

- Full rune

- Rune scimitar, battleaxe, or two-handed sword

- Level 55+ magic for High Alchemy

- Fire staff and 30+ Nature runes

- 16 salmon, lobbies, or swordies

- Completed Dragon Slayer (

- Good internet connection speed with no lag (little is OK, but it won't help as much for what I'm going to show you)

Here's a pic of what I would suggest you have in your inventory before you leave the bank:

invenfl9.png

Things that can be replaced:

- 30gp instead of 60gp (that's no big difference. I just carry an extra 30gp incase I decide to leave the island for some reason).

- Lobbies/swordies instead of salmon (salmon heal 9, lobbies heal 12, and swordies heal 14 [?]).

- You don't necessarily have to have all of the rune weapons. I just have 'em all because I like to use 'em all. Using any of them is fine.

- If you don't have 55+ magic, then you don't have to bring the fire staff and natures, unless you prefer to low alch everything. Fire staff can be replaced by fire runes.

- You may bring strength potions if you wish.

What To Wear:

Here's a pic of what I would suggest you wear before leaving the bank:

armormn0.png

Things that can be replaced:

- Of course, you can wear trimmed rune. They all have the same stats.

- Amulet of Power can be replaced by Amulet of Strength or Defense. Doesn't matter.

- Gloves can be replaced by vambraces.

- Ring is just there because I like to wear the ring. It's not enchanted or anything.

Getting There:

To save you and me some time, I won't post how to get there. If it's your first time or you don't remember, you can check the awesome Tip.it site for more information on how to get to Karamja Dungeon.

Ok, once you're on the island, click on where I have marked with a red dot and you'll start moving towards the Moss Giants. There are some Lesser Demons around the first left bend, so watch out for those.

sdfgw8.png

The Secret To Success:

There are 4 things to getting the giant (or any other monster for that matter) before anyone else:

1. Where you stand.

2. Where your mouse is.

3. Fast reaction.

4. Good internet connection.

I'm sure you've gone through that moment when you clicked on the monster and you started "waltzing" around the monster. Then, someone else manages to get the monster before you do. The reason for that is because you didn't stand in the right spot before. If you've fought in a particular spot for a long, long time, then surely you'd know where to stand to effectively click on the monster.

If your mouse is somewhere other than where the monster will appear, you will have to take the time to move it to the giant, killing precious microseconds (which can make the difference between getting and not getting...).

If you have a slow reaction, then chances are, you're gonna get beaten. Fast reaction is crucial if you have to compete against someone else.

Good internet connection speaks for itself.

Reducing Bank Trips:

Basically, that's what the Fire Staff and Natures are for. To High Alch the junk you get and provide you with some inventory space. Of course, you still have to bank for the runes, and get more food.

And, if you have the requirements to fish for lobbies/swordies/tuna, you can also bring a lobby pot/harpoon and fish on Karamja Island for food once you run out. (Thanks i_luv_fletch123 and kysax!)

Moss Giant #1:

(This is the one that I kill most often out of the three.)

Now, if you'll study the picture carefully...

sdfmv3.png

If you don't understand what's going on, then that's ok. The numbers mark the squares from the edge of the cliff. That's how you remember where to stand in order to have your mouse ready and click on the giant once he/she/it appears. Always remember, it's 5 squares from the cliff, and also keep in mind which direction you're facing.

In the pic with the red "X" in it, the "X" represents where you keep your mouse when you're preparing to get the Mossy. (Yes, I did beat the other guy to the giant.) Just remember: after you get your loot, return to the 5th square and place your mouse over the correct spot to prepare for the next Moss Giant.

Moss Giant #2:

Study carefully...

sdflz8.png

Stand 3 spaces from the edge of the hill. Keep note of the direction that you're facing. Where you see the "0" (on the giant, not the player) in the bottom pic, that's where you place your mouse before the giant appears. Once again, I beat the player with the yellow cape.

Here are some pics submitted by Skeroh (aka Nairb 168, you're awesome!). The spot can be used to kill the 2nd Mossy, as mentioned above:

mossiesguidepicmm3.png

mossieguidepic2dl9.png

(And according to Skeroh, you can also use this spot to hit the giant closest to the mining rocks, but at times my be beaten by rangers.)

Moss Giant #3:

Although there are 3 Moss Giants, I won't put up the 3rd one. I've noticed that the Moss Giant always comes back in different squares every 2-3 respawns, and that could mess you up a ton. So it's best that you just stick with the other 2. If you have found a good spot, please make a pic like the ones above and post it.

Misc.:

Here are the High Alching rewards for the things you'd most likely want to High Alch and what the Mossies drop:

Steel Med Helm = 180gp

Black Square Shields = 691gp

Mithril Short Swords = 507gp

(Sorry, I don't know the prices for Low Alch... :|)

Conclusion:

Thank you, Tip.it and Imageshack, for the information, pics, and uploading services.

Thank you reader, for taking the time to read this. I hope you use this to your benefit. Happy training! :thumbsup:

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please leave a comment or PM me. ::'

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

This section is dedicated to Skeroh (aka Nairb168 in game) for his wonderful guide he made on the Moss Giants that are in the underground sewers in Varrock. :XD:

since you're so lazy, i'll do the varrok sewers part for you.

Im assuming you know how to get to the varrok sewer hole, if you don't, i don't have a picture. Just a note: these mossies are multi-combat! You will be competeing against other people to get the xp, and drops.

Here's how to get to the mossies once inside the sewers:

mossiemapuc1.png

bring the same items as pinkbullet said, just bring a chisel too. You will need to bring a weapon that has the slash attack so that you can get through a web.

Here is a picture for killing the northern mossie. You can either stand on number 4 square or number 5 square.

mossieautokill1sx2.png

For the southern mossie, its a little more complicated. It usually can be killed by using one of these three spots:

mossieautokill2ts9.png

Sometimes, it respawns a little forward, or a little behind, so stand in one of these two spots in accordance to if the mossie has moved north or south.

mossieautokill3ju8.png

stand on either spots 2 or 4.

happy mossie slaughtering! :thumbsup:

Awesome job! Thanks a lot. ::'

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm there might be some other good high-alch drops from them too, might wanna check with the beastairy too, and the tip it alching calculator has both the prices for high alch and low alch. and steel fulls arnt really worth it... Nats cost 300+ gp ea and it alchs for less then that. good guide though I liked the pics too.

Cool, it looks like a really good guide (although I didn't get a chance to read it). I would edit the title to say that it is the best f2p Moss Giant Training just to make its contents clearer.

A new place with tons of Moss Giants in Members' worlds is on this island that you reach by taking Lokar's boat (from starting Lunar Diplomacy) to the first dock, but then you just go down the ladder on the other side of where Lokar docks rather than going up to the pirate boat. There are like 15 moss giants on this rather small, multicombat island. (I just thought I'd mention this in case some people wanted to fight moss giants in a secluded place with way more moss giants).

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I think you should write more guids, this one's great!

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

Great guide, but i have something to say.

You DO NOT have to beat( or complete whatever you prefer, but for quests where you have to kill something I use beat)Dragon Slayer, you just have to open the wall from the inside, my guess is you dont even have to attack the dragon, just run right past his lair to the wall and open it. There, you have acsess to Cranor, and the otherside of the volcano and you didnt need to kill the dragon. ( but really, you might as well kill it to get it over with)

There is a spot for ranging and maging, if you stand against the wall and attack the giants, thier too big and fat to hurt you. Or you can stand on top of the hill and fire down, but you wont get your drops/arrows back.

Otherwise, great guide.

Great guide, but i have something to say.

You DO NOT have to beat( or complete whatever you prefer, but for quests where you have to kill something I use beat)Dragon Slayer, you just have to open the wall from the inside, my guess is you dont even have to attack the dragon, just run right past his lair to the wall and open it. There, you have acsess to Cranor, and the otherside of the volcano and you didnt need to kill the dragon. ( but really, you might as well kill it to get it over with)

There is a spot for ranging and maging, if you stand against the wall and attack the giants, thier too big and fat to hurt you. Or you can stand on top of the hill and fire down, but you wont get your drops/arrows back.

Otherwise, great guide.

Oh really? I guess they changed it then. I completed Dragon Slayer quite a while ago (not really, about September/October of 2005), and before then, you weren't allowed to cross the "secret" wall without completing the quest.

:thumbsup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

nice guide man :thumbsup: (not very usefull but me cuz ive trained there since i was 65)

some tips i have discovered: dont bring nats, this guys drops a lot of them.

i_luv_fletch said this :-w but ill repeat it: bring a lobbie pot or harpoon and fish your food so you can stay longer.

the third mossie always respwan in the same place and its the easy to get. ill get a picture so i can prove that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: After about 2 months, I discovered how to post!

So here is the picture:

mossiesya4.png

Stand on the red circles shown in the picture, and wait for the mossie.

In that picturethe moss is not shown on its real spawn point, as it moved a bit.

P.S.: My spelling and grammar have been improved, doesn't it?

kysax.png

After taking a break of 17 months, i had to come back

but everything has changed way too much xD

nice guide man :thumbsup: (not very usefull but me cuz ive trained there since i was 65)

some tips i have discovered: dont bring nats, this guys drops a lot of them.

i_luv_fletch said this :-w but ill repeat it: bring a lobbie pot or harpoon and fish your food so you can stay longer.

the third mossie always respwan in the same place and its the easy to get. ill get a picture so i can prove that.

Ok, thanks. :)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

:-k

Good work. Impressive writting. But experiments have proven you can gain more money off lessers and more exp off Skels(lvl45) at crandor. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

Actually mossies are great if you managed to find a world which you totally te the place with no one else at the mossies-Quite impossible nowadays.

Nice guide on the standing position. Many people who goes there doesn't know it. :wall: :wall:

PS: Why do you need to carry so many weapons?(Baxe + r2h)

PPS: Swords heals 14hp ea.