Anyone have trouble with personal music when playing rs?

eyehawk78

When playing runescape does anyone else have trouble with there own music? Whenever I start up runescape my music becomes jumpy and the tempo is sped up. I'm sure it is not a lag problem as I have always played my own music and runescape simultaneously. Anyone else had this problem or anyone have any help/suggestions?

I heard there had been a sound update today? I may be wrong though. It may be because I updated my player today to a newer version. I think im going to use a system restore to go back to the previous player.

I heard there had been a sound update today? I may be wrong though. It may be because I updated my player today to a newer version. I think im going to use a system restore to go back to the previous player.

If it doesn't fix it, its definately the same problem as me. I use the official runescape client and i tried internet explorer and firefox, same problem.

Def leppard, White snake, Slaughter, Skid Row, Boston, Journey, Scorpions are all playing for me fine when I play RS...

O wait? I bet you guys all listen to Rap... "Im down with that G"

LOL i love journey...but i hate baseball cards.. :evil:

LOL!!! i wonder if any1 else gets that though
Tk5SF.png

finally someone else but my problem slightly different i recently got the new itunes 7 on my computer it downloads it when new ones come out and i noticed if i open up either internet explorer firefox or netscape the music from itunes sounds like its a scratched cd keeps skipping and making wierd noises now this isn't just me some of my irl friends have the same problem with itunes 7 and they all got same type of computers as me which is the dell xp professional

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

hmm, I use winamp to listen to my music. I also have SW Synth muted / set to 0 in my volume controls (to mute the annoying intro music for RS) and, however, I do notice a 1/2 second skip in my music when I first begin "loading" everything for RS, after that everything runs fine.

Could you be a little more specific? What are you using to listen to music, and when does it occur? The entire time you have RS running? What if you try turning off the sound, playing on low detail, ect?

finally someone else but my problem slightly different i recently got the new itunes 7 on my computer it downloads it when new ones come out and i noticed if i open up either internet explorer firefox or netscape the music from itunes sounds like its a scratched cd keeps skipping and making wierd noises now this isn't just me some of my irl friends have the same problem with itunes 7 and they all got same type of computers as me which is the dell xp professional

That is the exact problem i'm having I just wasnt sure if I was allowed to use product names in my post.

Hmmm... what format are the songs in?

I know that if I am playing a high CPU based game like BF2, and I listen to a .wma with a high-bit rate, it will sound choppy... a few seconds of music, then a pause, and a few more. However, if I convert that same song to an MP3, it plays just fine.

So once again:

I use winamp to listen to my music. I also have SW Synth muted / set to 0 in my volume controls (to mute the annoying intro music for RS) and, however, I do notice a 1/2 second skip in my music when I first begin "loading" everything for RS, after that everything runs fine.

Could you be a little more specific? What are you using to listen to music, and when does it occur? The entire time you have RS running? What if you try turning off the sound, playing on low detail, ect? What format is the music your listening to?

I guess you answered a few of these. I'm not familiar with itunes though, and I'm not sure if they invented their own obscure format...