Guide On Runescape Moderators

Ltfairy

Guide On Moderators In Runescape

Yes, I know there is already a guide on player mods written by spoofer, but I decide to write a complete guide on all the moderators on Runescape, and also to answer some questions that players might not know.

Jagex Moderators

Lets begin with Jagex Moderators. Jagex mods are people who WORK for Jagex, they are the ones that get paid for their job. The reason you seldom see a Jagex mod in game is because they are usually behind the scenes. When you DO see them in game, they are usually checking out on a glitch or bug or macroing problem.

Jagex mods CANNOT engage in a trade or fight with other players. They do not play the game like we do, and their levels are not earned through game-play. Therefore, do not be shocked when you see a level 1 Jagex mod. Their levels are altered specifically to test out new features in the game.

All Jagex moderators have a gold crown (which cannot be disabled/turned off) whenever they type a message and they usually have a "Mod" in front of their name. Their gold crowns show in both public chat and private chat, so anyone without a gold crown is not a Jagex mod. Jagex mods are the people that can BAN.

FAQs Regarding Jagex Mods

1. How do I become a Jagex Moderator?

You have to apply to become one. Just go to their corporate site and look at the jobs available. You have to be above 18 and be able to work in United Kingdom.

2. Do Jagex mods ask for my account details in game?

NO! Jagex mods will NEVER ask for your account details. Now think, they own the game, and if they want your account details, they can just get it easily by checking, is it even necessary to ask for them? If anyone pretends to be a jagex mod and asks you for your account details, report him or her for pass scamming or jagex staff impersonation.

3. Do Jagex mods email me?

No, and I mean NEVER! Jagex mods will NEVER communicate with a player through email. The only means of contact is through ONLINE MESSAGE CENTRE. So if you receive any email claiming to be from Jagex, delete it.

Player Moderators

Now, on to Player Mods. First and foremost, Player Mods are NORMAL PLAYERS. They DO NOT get any free stuff, runescape money for their position. Their modding job is entirely voluntary, and they do not have to do it if they do not want to. Most player mods seldom talk to avoid attention, so do not think that they are not there.

Again, I have to stress that Player Mods are normal players. All their levels and runescape money are earned through game play, just like everyone. So, next time you see a player mod, do not beg them for stuff.

All Player moderators have a silver crown (which cannot be disabled/turned off) whenever they type a message, and like Jagex mods, it appears in both public chat and private chat. Player mods have only TWO powers, a priority report and a 48 hour mute. They CANNOT issue a ban. Here is an example of the crown you will see when a Player Moderator talks:

PlayerModeratorCrown.PNG

FAQs Regarding Player Mods

1. How do I become a player mod?

All player mods are hand-picked by Jagex. Application or bribery will NOT be accepted. There is no direct way to become a mod, all I can advise you is, be yourself, follow the rules, play the game, and have a positive attitude in game. Send in abuse reports whenever you see rule-breaking happen, and help new players who are in need. Jagex is almost always hiring player mods, so if you are doing what is required, you will be picked. Player mods can be P2P or F2P.

2. What is the player moderator center? What is inside there?

The player moderator center is a place where Jagex and player mods discuss issues regarding runescape. They are only accessible to players with player mod status. The contents of the player mod center is always kept confidential, so nothing could be revealed.

3. What happens when I get muted?

When you get muted, you will still be able to type your messages, but no players will be able to see it. The mute will last for 48 hours, and you will also be forbidden from using the Runescape Forums until the mute is lifted. If you have been muted, just check your Online Message Center, and you will know.

4. If I see rule-breaking in game and there is a pmod around, should I continue to use the report abuse feature?

Yes, by all means. Jagex encourages players to use the report abuse feature for all abuse in game at all times. However, you could ask the player mod to help in reporting, meanwhile, we have the priority report. :tongue: But remember, we are in no obligation to help you.

5. I have been scammed/hacked, can a player mod help me?

Sorry, but we cannot handle these issues. The only way is to contact Jagex through Customer Support.

6. Can a pmod make me a mod?

No, only Jagex mods have that power.

7. Will being a player mod excuse them from punishments if they break a rule? What should I do if I see them breaking a rule?

No, we are not tolerated if we break a rule. If you see any player mod breaking the rules, report them by all means.

8. Do player mods have the green textbox and crown when they post on the forums?

No, our only symbol is the silver crown in game.

9. I have seen some player mods, and they are mostly level 100 and over. Is there a certain combat level requirement for a pmod? Do I have to reach a certain age to be a player mod?

The reason most player mods are high levels is because they have played for a long time and have shown themselves to be trustworthy players who know the rules well. Combat level is not a criteria for pmod position. We are chosen not according to our skills and experience in the game, but according to our positive attitude in game and how well we know the rules.

Sometimes, you may even see a level 3 mod in game, but this is rare. The only reason I can give for level 3 mods is that they train other skills instead of combat. Being a level 3 mod does not mean they have not played the game for long, so do not assume that they are inexperienced and unsuitable to be chosen. I myself, have been a player mod at level 9.

Age is also not a criteria when Jagex choses pmods. Pmods can be of a wide range of ages. I am 15, and already modding. :)

10. I have received many "thank you" messages from Jagex for my abuse reports, does that mean my chances of becoming a mod is high?

No, that is not true. Even though it is a good sign, but that does not mean you will be picked. It only shows that your report is correct and that Jagex has dealt with the player. As stated in the knowledge base, Jagex does not reveal how close a player is to being a player mod. Jagex does not want players to think that these messages are indications of how close a player is to being a mod, so do not think too much about it. Continue playing the game, and send in abuse reports when necessary.

So far, I have only received 3 messages thanking me for my report. I just got the mod invitation as the 4th message.

11. I have received a black mark, can I still be a mod?

Yes, but the chances are slim. Depending on how serious your offence is, you will just have to work your way up. Once you have proven to Jagex that you have redeemed your mistake and have made a positive impact in the game, you can be picked. The only time a player is not eligible is when he/she is banned.

12. How do I know if I have been picked as a Player Mod?

If you have been chosen for Pmod position, Jagex will alert you through a message to your online message center. Take note that Jagex will never email or invite you to be a player mod in game.

13. I have seen rule-breaking on my world, and my mod friend is on another world. I told him to mute/report the player in a private chat, but he refuses, why?

Even though we have the muting power and priority reports, we cannot mute or report a player at will. We can only report/mute a player when we actually see the rule-breaking happen. Also, be considerate. We want to play the game as well, if we do not have the time to deal with the rule-breaking, do not bother us and report the offence yourself. We do not come onto the game just to report/mute players and are in no obligation to help you with it.

14. If I become a player mod, must I be active for a specific time? Will my position be removed if I am not active?

No, as I have said, we are normal players and our job is totally voluntary.

15. Is there a set period of time for my player mod position? Will I ever get removed from my position after that period of time?

Lol, thats a definite no. As long as you follow the rules, dun resign and the game continues, you could well be a player mod for your entire life. ;)

Forum Moderators

Finally, to Forum Moderators. They too, are normal players and their modding job is totally voluntary. They DO NOT get any free stuff for the work they do.

Forum Moderators, like other players, gain their levels and earn their stuff through game play. Please DO NOT beg them for stuff, as it can get pretty annoying.

Since the update, all Forum Moderators now have a green crown (which cannot be disabled/turned off) when they post on the forums. Their crowns only show on the forums, and not in the game. In addition to their crowns, they also have a green background and a "Forum mod" under their name. Forum Moderators can hide, lock, move and edit posts. They can also issue temporary bans to players who abuse the forums. The ban lasts for 24 hours after which it will be removed.

FAQs Regarding Forum Moderators

1. How do I become a Forum Mod?

Be active on the forums, make constructive posts, and follow the code of conduct. Like the player mods, forum mods are hand-picked by Jagex. Your in game conduct does not affect your chance of being a forum mod. All forum mods are P2P.

2. How would I know if I have been chosen?

Like player mods, Jagex will send a message to your message center to invite you.

3. I have been scammed/hacked, can a forum mod help me?

No, all such problems are to be addressed through Customer Support.

4. I am banned unfairly by a forum mod, what should I do?

Do not worry, your ban is temporary. Just send in a query through customer support and tell them the details.

Enjoy. :)

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

nice guide :)

and your tounge smile is atually

:P

i see you are a pmod.. that explains the vast amount of faq's on the pmods.

one thing id reccomend adding is more faqs about f and j mods.

otherwise, very nice :)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

hi, nice guide =D> , i think u made one mistake though. On question 12 under player mod questions, u say that jagex will never invite u to b a mod in-game. I disagree with this statement bcuz this is how my little brother became a mod. its a great guide though, full of info!!

magecape,dwarf%20bubba.gif

hi, nice guide =D> , i think u made one mistake though. On question 12 under player mod questions, u say that jagex will never invite u to b a mod in-game. I disagree with this statement bcuz this is how my little brother became a mod. its a great guide though, full of info!!

It is true that Jagex will never invite you to be a mod in game, if you are still unsure, send a query to Jagex and they will tell you. :)

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

Nice guide :) But theres so many things i still wanna know, but non mods arent allowed to know :(

Also, is an offence a black mark? or are black marks only for serious offences?

Black marks are given for all offences. For serious offences, you might receive a ban or a permanent mute. You can refer to the knowledge base for more information.

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

Bravo, really well written guide. You did a great job answering most questions. The Jagex Moderator section is weak though. The yellow font for the Jagex Moderator section really brings down the first appearance at the guide.

Rating 9/10 Good job overall, but that yellow font brings it down.

Pros: Really detailed, organised and clear.

Cons: That yellow font.

Bravo, really well written guide. You did a great job answering most questions. The Jagex Moderator section is weak though. The yellow font for the Jagex Moderator section really brings down the first appearance at the guide.

Rating 9/10 Good job overall, but that yellow font brings it down.

Pros: Really detailed, organised and clear.

Cons: That yellow font.

The reason I chose yellow is because it represents the colour of the Jagex Mods' crown.

Thank for your comments nevertheless.

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

A question. Is it possible for a complete free player (never being a member before) to become a player moderator? I have seen moderators who are free players, but then again; they got picked when they were members...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

A question. Is it possible for a complete free player (never being a member before) to become a player moderator? I have seen moderators who are free players, but then again; they got picked when they were members...

I already answered it in my guide:

All player mods are hand-picked by Jagex. Application or bribery will NOT be accepted. There is no direct way to become a mod, all I can advise you is, be yourself, follow the rules, play the game, and have a positive attitude in game. Send in abuse reports whenever you see rule-breaking happen, and help new players who are in need. Jagex is almost always hiring player mods, so if you are doing what is required, you will be picked. Player mods can be P2P or F2P.

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

So is there an extra button p-mods have for muting?

I always wondered how they muted people

Sorry, but I can't reveal the exact way player mods mute people, as it is confidential.

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

I already answered it in my guide:

Ah, thank you. Apologies for my oversight.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• 1 year later...