27/09/06 - F2p side of the Updates

Marco

I haven't seen most of the things you posted :-w so I'll have to check them out :P

And this might not be new but theres a bronze schimitar respawn on the second floor of the most north-east house in rimmington \'

Didn't wanna paste all D_V_Devnull said v

Thanks a lot for screwing up how people play your fine game again, JaGeX Corp. I'd stick you all with swords if I could...

~Mr. Delta Varuna Devnull

(***currently more angry than hell, and now going off to play something called "Phosphor"...***)

It's their game not yours and most people will learn to get used to the new stuff and find out its better than the old. Jagex probably could care less if you leave because you don't have any member stats showing you probably aren't a member :notalk:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

i like everything so far about the update but... i'd rather see my Attack, defense, and other bonus's under what i have equiped. I really don't like pressing a button and having a screen pop up to see it. beside that good job jagex... oh and thanks for the free stuff \'

sorosigjq5.jpg

The interfaces are a bit clumsy to use. I liked the old ones better as they were more organaised

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Area sounds - amazing, annoying too, when you can't figure out just what it was that swished or twanged.

Took a long look at the new interface... can we have the old one back please? - actually some bits are good, but others are bad - run % should not be buried deep in a general settings dialog.

The free Lumby tele - cool, though it's not an "escape" tele from combat. Can also be used as a "draw circle" emote, by breaking off, can repeat the first part indefinitely.

Thought the opening of the lumby south exit would spoil the old swamp mine, but that one is actually closer to draynor bank than to lumby.

The tutors and their stuff...

Annoying that the mining tutor insists you go back for YOUR pick if you have one, rather than giving you a spare bronze.

The Training sword and shield - good look, depressing stats, though the shield can be wielded without harm to mage performance, as it is equivalent to wooden - could become essential freak train kit!

The training bow and arrows seems to be a poor option, really ought to be able to use bronze/iron arrows with it, as 25 training arrows aren't going to last the 30 minutes before a refill.

The purple bow looks good though, maybe there should be a training staff to go with the runes, equivalent to a plain or magic staff.

On the whole, a dead noob can collect a basic sword and shield (equivalent to bronze and wood), a limited bow and arrows, or a small pile of runes.

For mid levels, the shield serves as a decorative piece.

Best bit of the update has to be the area sounds, this seems to be something people have been requesting for ages.

Well the old ones and the new... better or not?

Put simply? New interface = bad ... everything else = good ...

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The interfaces are a bit clumsy to use. I liked the old ones better as they were more organaised

I wouldn't say they were more organized, it's just a matter of getting used to them.

Crocodile hunter-Rest in Peace

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum

I like it all..apart from the 'vein' rocks rather than solid ones - need to wear glasses to see when a rock is full - lol. Also, I managed to drop dead last night because I couldn't find the run icon in time! I know where it is now... The area sounds are interesting, but I don't understand why it sounds as though you're standing next to someone snoring whilst you're mining near the swamp? The miners' guild sounds like it has rattlesnakes in it - weird.

Anyway, on the whole, an improvement, I think. The Lumby bank came in handy after dying!

I love everything exept 2 things:

• 1. The text on the skill-screen are orange.

2. Its hard to click on the run/walk button.

And maby young people dont know what side east and vest is, so Jagex should add 1 of those on the compass.

But everything else is great!

Thanks Jagex!

weight and equip bonuses are more of something you do BEFORE you enter wildy.

I rotate armor while in wildi, as do many other players. I also run around some in wildi, as do many other players. Having this new interface really messes us up in manners that you would believe if you saw it. :notalk: =; :shame: I would seriously appreciate having the old interface style and control layout back. And I will raise hell until it has been done and fixed.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I wrote a very long, caustic and comprehensive post on the rants forums about this. I very much disliked the buttons and options/emotes menu layouts, as well as the orange font.

I very very much like any freeplay update (except ones that include the removeal of all text...) and was enthralled by the very good looking shield I got. (not as good as anti-dragonfire, but looks great!). I intend on remaking an outfit on it. The new signposts will not help me, nor the new newcomer map, but they should not be disregarded, for they are small wonders in coding, and relative beauty. compare that almost stellite quality image to the line drawing it was previously, and you get a definate improvement to the game. I shall have fun with the equiptment menu and certain easter rings. It's also very handy for comprising character screenshots showing new items, and also is wonderful for displaying wealth (I wonder what happens when you open it up, then equip that onyx ring?) It's also nice to see myself in more of a higher resolution.

despite this, I am still very very disappointed in the Java Game Experts (JaGEx) in their ruination of a prefectly good interface, in which the only bright point is the levels button looks marginally better.

THis update has been very much a mixed bag for me.

tipitlessersigea3.png

The bank is like best thing on this update, now when you dien in wild you dont need to walk all the way to varrock or draynor, just go to bank and get telerunes :)

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001