DIY Pure

specialcharacter

Welcome to my guide on P2P pures/ stakers. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m basically going to go through training to your desired levels and where and how to train. I would include pics of me on my pure but quite frankly I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be bothered.

First off what kind of pure would you like to be?

Melee (Strength)

Melee pures are nearly always 1 defence 60 attack and a very high strength level sometimes people choose to have prayer but I am not advising it as it will bring up your combat and the protect prayers only stop 50% of the damage dealt so ddp++ special would still hit like a 12 from a decent pure. Not really worth the combat levels. The set-up for these pures is normally full iron or khazard dragon scimitar, ddp++, or a dragon long itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s really up to you (longs and ddp++ require lost city)(scimitar requires monkey madness)

Ranged

Range pures are mostly 1 defence 70-90 ranged with no other skills. These take less time than a melee pure thanks to a cannon (not required as you will have incredibly low hp) but cost slightly more. Ranged pures normally wear magic short bow, black dragon hide chaps and vambraces, and a soft leather body most will wear an amulet of glory and a rangers set but as some are not as affluent as others just forget a helm and wear iron boots.

Mage

Mage pures are normally over 60 mage and have 1 defence however there are mystic pures (high mage and 20 defence to wear mystic). I think both are good but obviously mystic pures will have higher combat level. A mystic pures set-up is normally full blue mystic and a staff of their choice (ancients/fire(fire blast)). A 1 defence pure will normally wear full ghostly robes (or zammy robes if desert treasure not started) and a staff of their choice depending on their chosen spell.

Hybrids

Hybrids are in fact not really pures as they use all the types of combat I have mentioned. For instance a hybrids stats consist of roughly 60 attack high strength and ranged level and 60-70 magic. As you can see they are fairly balanced except for prayer and defence which again or not normally used. A hybrids set-up is normally black dragon vambraces and chaps an iron or khazard plate a dragon weapon iron helm and glory amulet. I have seen a few of those backpack things while training at rock crabs if someone could post their actual name that would help me and you.Backpacks are now Diving equipment thanks Coonas

Defence Pures

Obviously pures with defence, there are two main types of these; initiate and rune pures. Initiate pures normally have 20 defence and are often mage/melee combos as they can also wear Mystic mage armour, most will have 60 or 70 attack for a dragon weapon or Abbysal Whip or if Mage pure, 60 mage for god spells or 70+ for the higher ancient spells. Rune Pures are pures with 40 defence for rune(duh!) these will often have alot of high melee stats for instance 70 attack 80 strength and 52 prayer, this normally makes up for high defence and keeps them low combat compared to a balanced player at their own level. Rune pures will always wear(*drum roll*)Rune armour with a dragon or higher weapon

RC Pures (RC Pkers)

One word to describe these. Scum. They attack defenceless players for 20 something rune essence, theyre time would be better spent copying out the dictionary

Training

Melee

1-10 attack and strength: anything you like to kill as this takes literally 10 minutes

10-30 attack and strength-train on low-level monsters like chaos druids in Taverly dungeon or Minotaurs

30-50 attack and strength: Rock crabs located in fremenik north of seers bank these are great xp and will rarely hit you but take a few cakes or trout to be safe

50-60(+) attack and strength: Ok you have two choices here you can stay at rock crabs or you can go to the experiments you need to have started the creature of fenkenstrain and done the section with the amulets and tombstone to get to these creatures.

Range

1-10-chickens this will take a few minutes and chickens are very common

10-30-Chaos druids in taverly dungeon or Minotaurs

30-50-Rock crabs for this bit

50-60(+) Ogres that are caged above ardougne are good exp for your level but arrow stealers are a big problem if you want to keep budgets down

Mage

1-10-Just use the runes from Tutorial Island to gain a few levels then buy some mind runes for air strike

10-30-until level 13 use air strike and then use fire strike on opponents of your choice as you will not hit very high

30-50- Now move onto rock crabs (location mentioned earlier) use fire strike or the chaos air spell on them until level 50

50-60(+)- You can stay at rock crabs or go to experiments or if you feel like you can train on the ogres in the cages mentioned earlier when you can enter the mage guild train on the zombies downstairs, as they are nearly always empty

Hybrid-Use all methods for each skill I have mentioned

Reader Submitted Tips(thanks to everyone on this list)

MrMyk-Rangers and Magers can use the caged lesser in the ogre enclave and telegrab good drops

• 1 month later...

2/10 many things are left out, how to make a pure without breaking jagex rules(no trading between accounts/drop trading), different places to train besides rockcrabs/experiments, ways to make money to get staking money, etc.

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

Nice guide,

I might trysome of those places the my pure-in-the-making :P

My luck:

Dragon drops: 0

Barrows items: 1 (Torag's platebody)

Most expensive clue reward: 240k (Rune (t) kite)

Long/Curved bones: 0

750+ consecutive (and counting) fire giants without a rune drop

Nothing over 1k from a drop party...ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

everyone just be quiete already! he has a great guide so he made a few mistakes u can tell him it nicer all u ppl are doing is just making it sound as if it were trash which its not.

he said it was the most popular and from what ive seen they are....

anways hes tell ppl about the pures and a brief guide on what to train to on when u start a new pure.

great guide 9/10 1 point off cuz u missing some stuff.

i love pking and pie pie pie pie!!!!

• 3 weeks later...