A CW Guide to Keeping Your Flag Above Ground

armadillo48

I'm a massive Castle Wars fan with almost 1100 tickets \' and i thought i would share some of the knowledge i have gained in all my CW matches :D

Holding your own teams flag is a much debated subject, whether it is fair or not. Some see it as cheating, some see it as the best way too win a match. I'm on of the latter people and more often than not my main goal in a match is too get my teams flag.

Getting it IMO is frankly the easiest part (although there are a few tricks of the trade to getting it) so for this guide i will assume you are perfectly capable of getting your flag.

Recommendations for the flag holder:

70+ Defence

70 Range

70+ Magic is a big plus too

Now i don't want to seem harsh, there may be some level 80's who are good at keeping their flag but i recommend that once you have acquired your flag that at an appropriate moment give it to someone who is lvl 95+ and has both a melee armour (preferably a barrows armour for maximum protection) and either Black Dragon Hide armour or Karils as Ancients will be your worst enemy once you have your flag.

Giving the flag too a high level ancient is a good idea too as ancients are still able to fight and defend themselves when holding the flag unlike melee players who will find they don't do much damage just poking with the flag.

OK if your still with me (a lot of reading i know sorry) here is a picture of the basic layout of CW with the 5 above ground hiding spots labelled;

cwmapia4.png

For this guide, we're going to assume your are playing on Zamorak.

Hiding Spot 1;

hide1el0.png

Advantages:

- If you or a "protector" has ancients, you have a great height advantage over the stones, easily being able to freeze them in position allowing you to range/mage them without them being able to see or attack you

- It is close to the stones so if you know you are going to die you can at least "Safe" your flag instead of letting the other team get it.

- It is relatively close to Hiding Spot 2 if you get a large number of opponents attacking you from the stones.

Disadvantages:

- Not suitable for a busy game, such as the ones you would find on Wolrd 2 or 18 due to the massive amount of opponents which would attack from the east frm the island.

- Not a very subtle hiding place, people who cross the stones will see you and anyone who ventures slightly west from the island will see you.

- To the other side of the stones is the equivalent of Hiding Spot 3 for Sara, so you are likely to collide.

Hiding Spot 2;

hide2cn3.png

Advantages:

- Easy to safe your flag if your going to die.

- On busy worlds, the protection from rangers and mages is immense.

- Very easy to get to; you simply grab your flag and run round (the outside :wall: ) of your castle!

Disadvantages:

- Not a place where you can expect to stay long term, as its very easy to simply walk around to attack you.

- The door can be destroyed or opened by people on your team who are dedicated to Sara (just a game people - not real gods #-o ) allowing enemy to come in.

- Not a very subtle hiding place, most opponents will see you as they run off of the island. You'll attract a lot of unwanted attention here.

Hiding Spot 3;

hide3to6.png

Advantages:

- This is the most common hiding spot for a reason, the stones provide a great place to hop to, to lose opponents and there are rocks you can run around too.

- Like Hiding Spot 1 theres is height advantage over your enemy, preventing them from even crossing the stones.

- Opponents have to go all the way around the island to get to you by avoiding stones, thus drawing a lot of enemy fire to themselves from the castle.

Disadvantages:

- Because this is the most common place opponents will often come here first when looking for you, so you will often be hopping across the stones and running around the rocks if you are on your own.

- If one of your "protectors" die, it is no short distance to return so you will have to fend for yourself whilst they restock and return.

- You will often find yourself alone when here unless with a group of freinds.

Hiding Spot 4;

hide4zz7.png

Advantages:

- Close to your base for easy safing if in trouble and Hiding Spot 4 can easily be run too if in trouble.

- You will have a lot of protection on busy worlds due to the fact that reinforcements come from the castle constantly as people respawn.

- Saves you running anywhere once you have gained the flag.

Disadvantages:

- Not recommended at all in a game with 10 or less people due to lack of support or defences.

- Is not as affective on Sara due to the Broken Cart being elsewhere.

- You are very much out in the open, all enemy will see you as they go to your castle.

Hiding Spot 5;

hide5dj5.png

Advantages:

- Great place to go up and down the ladders to avoid attacks.

- Is obvious to team mates where you are allowing a lot of people to help you if necessary but this spot also works really well if not better on an emptier world.

- Annoys the enemy, often making them give up in futile despair :thumbsup:

- Can be combined with underground hiding spots (Watch this Space :P)

Disadvantages:

- When you come up the ladder you are in the centre of the island leaving you very vulnerable.

- Everyone will know where you are.

- 2 barricades can put an end to this hiding spot.

Useful Tips when flag carrying:

- Whenever you have a free moment, get your health to 100% and trade other people so you have a full inventory of bandages.

- Equip Karils or Dragon Hide. An ancient can attack from a distance without u seeing them, if a meleer comes, simply switch to Melee Def armour.

- Have two barricades in your inventory. If you have no other option but to run, a cae after the stepping stones can hault all your opponents buying you precious seconds.

Hope this all helps a little bit, sorry it all ended up being so long but if you managed to read it all =D> and keep an eye out for my underground hiding spots thread soon :D

All C/C is welcome.

Thanks fore reading

~~The Armoured Dillo~~

lanthuscg3.png

Heh, quite a good guide, considering I ancient alot in CW, and mostly protect our flag unless im the only highish level there, I'm not really up to date with the safe spots and such, should help in future games :D

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

nice guide... i think spot 2 is the best cuz ppl cant come in that fast... and you can walk 2 spot and the flag is back to flag standard... the other spot are also not that hiden... i think going underground amnd have some guards is still the best...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Very detailed and nicely presented guide. I'd reccomend it to anyone who wishes to play Castlewars. Unfortunately, im f2p, so it isn't of much use to me :(

Otherwise, you and done an excellent job, and good luck on your underground hiding spots thread, im sure it will be worth waiting for :thumbsup:

Fire+Mage+9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love cw thank gosh im getting my memebership back in a few days! I can't do much more than find a level 95+ but if no one is near this guide will definately help :thumbsup: can't wait for the next one.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I prefer to hide in the tunnels directly underneath my team's base, a strategy that has won me over 500 tickets so far and still does great. The Cw players of world 99 still haven't caught on. :P

Nice guide, but don't give away all the secrets. :wink:

single_skill1165709744.png

• 1 month later...