The Great Gielinor Cross Country Meet (CANCELLED)

Who is the fastest in Runescape? Who can endure the most treacherous terrain in Asgarnia? Who can be the Fastest in Gielinor? The very first and only X-Country meet in all of Runescape! The competetors will meet at the Varrock Square and will end at that exact same spot. Read on for details......

So, when is this goning to take place?

This is most likely going to take place next weekend*, so that way the competetors can train for it. *subject to change

What do I like need to wear?

A cape only so we can tell what teams there are and a pair of boots. It doesn't matter what type of boots. Teams will be explained at the bottom. Other than that, wear NO ARMOR and NO WEAPONS! Show up with nothing equipped besides whats stated above.

What are the rules?

The rules are: 1. NO CHEATING. Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate disqualification. 2. NO HEAD STARTS. This will also call as an immediate disqualification. Staff will be watching for cheating! 3. NO FOUL LANGUAGE. If I see any profanity that is overiden by the censor or the censor go off in a way that is profanic, disqualification will be considered. 4. NO PUTTING OTHER PLAYERS DOWN. Same as #3. 5. HAVE FUN. This is going to be a very fun even if everyone follows the rules.

Can I use energy-saving objects?

Sure can! If you have them, use it. (Caution, if it is in your inventory, it will affect your weight)

Who all will be watching the event?

Anyone who wants to! But the staff will always be watching, no matter where.

What's the path going to look like?

I am working on a map that will show the route. It should be up later tonight!

Continued on next post..........

2re411y.jpg...ever since that faithful day on Karjama that I fought the evil chicken, things have never been the same...

What is the reward for winning?

The reward is going to be good. GP is the most likely prize.

What's the entry fee?

No entry fee is needed! And this is for all players so everyone can have fun!

Are there going to be any more events during this?

No, not at the moment unless I can get enough staff.

That's about it folks! I will update this during the week and I hope a bunch of people will join me?

Squeaky

2re411y.jpg...ever since that faithful day on Karjama that I fought the evil chicken, things have never been the same...

I remember me and my friend doing something like this once. We raced from Barrows to Castle Wars. I'll join in as long as its f2p, cuz i'm not a member anymore

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I forgot to mention about teams so I'll talk about them.

What are the teams?

The teams will be determined by the color of their capes. The teams will be: Yellow, Blue, Purple, Black, and Orange. Depending on how everyone wants to do the race, which will be explained in a little while, will determine how many people will be on a team. I will provide the capes! So don't worry about them.

What do you mean "How everyone wants to do the race?"

What I mean is that there is two ways I want to do the race. One is where everyone goes alone/ Starts and finishes together. The second is where at the Rest Points/Checkpoints, a member from every team will be there. Like a relay. A really long relay. So I need to know how everyone wants to do it 2 days prior to the race so I can let the people helping with it know so they know what to watch for.

More will be added later on in the week......

I don't think this is the first race, I remember being there being something called 'The Great Race' or something like that...

Nice idea though... but I suggest you do it on f2p so people cant use energy pots.

ya it was called THE GREAT GELENO INFRENO,tet event

Zeinias.png

That pic is soo me lol!

Zeinias.png

Zeinias.png

I bet that some meber with simple clothes will come and race eveyone with 60 + agility, and of course win....L :lol: L

Bitt offtopic:

And Actualy the wod "GIELINOR" is how Guthix called this world

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

OH MY GOD YES!!! I'm an avi cross country runner, and I LOVE races!!!!

i want to join as long as it's for free members, i.e. using no pots lol.

if it is members thats alright too cuz ill be a member in about 5 more days. [i used paybycash mail option] lol.

bring it on baby!

btw: whats with the resting points and walking points.....

i say forget teams, just run eveyr man for himself, no resting or walking zones!

"Sounds like satan if you ask me"

hey guys, man, i didnt think this would keep running! well, sorry about the time, i had importiant stuff (I MEAN REALLY IMPORTIANT) to contend with. The event time will be announced later. Sorry about the delays. Really Sorry!

All P2P skills or items dosent work in F2P world.... :|

agility works in f2p to regain energy faster only that nothing else but it still helps does ANYONE try and learn any bit about runescape nowadays?

Dr_Brinner.png

All P2P skills or items dosent work in F2P world.... :|

agility works in f2p to regain energy faster only that nothing else but it still helps does ANYONE try and learn any bit about runescape nowadays?

It has been confirmed, indeed, that agility still effects energy on a F2P world, so the playing field isn't level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello again everyone! The event is back on for next Saturday! It will be sometime in the afternoon. I will give more info throughout the week so keep checking back (look for a brand new route map!) I will be here to answer your guys Q&A's (look for a Q&A troubleshooter in another post-probablly in this one!) and come back to look everyday as I might have something new! Right now, the rules are the same but keep checking back! Thanks for keeping this post alive and keep it alive! Thank you all! \' =D> =P~ :D :lol: :pray: :thumbsup: :P