fletching/money question

Dragonwizerd

well, i've decided to fletch and sell yew longs for 550 each... now here's my question...

should i pour 10 mil into this and buy enough bow strings and yew logs to make 22-25k yew longs and sell 550 each (makes about 3 mil proffit)

or should i buy 40k yew logs (250 each) and pick 40k flax and spin that and make and sell the bows (550 each)... now the second option turns out a proffit of 12 mil, but you have to think... (here's another question) how long would it take to pick and spin 40k flax?

so here's my final question... which would make the most amount of money in the least amount of time

ex. of what i mean: could i do choice 1 4 times before i could do choice 2?

Yayyyyyy...

the other thing you have think about is how fast you can sell the yew bows. if you cant sell the fast enough, you've wasted quite a ton of money

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

yew longs + high alch = 700+ GP, Its nearly impossible to sell 25k yew bows unless your supplying much of rnescape lvl 70 and lower fletchers, It would be more worth it for you to spend money getting 55 mage (if it isnt yet) and buying yew logs 200-250ea bowstrings or flax 100ea and nats 250ea than when you level up you can make better bows i beleive mage longs gibe 3k per alch, not to mention tooons of mage lvls high-alching that mnay bows.

This is just my opinion, hope it helps

SIG.jpg

Strung mage longs only give 1536gp. Their street price is closer to 3k though. (Strung yew longs are 768)

You should find out how quickly you can sell those yew longs and if there's enough demand to sell them all (like previously stated), you should just buy supplies and high alch, or get some materials yourself.

Yew logs - 200-250 ea

Bow strings - 150-200 ea (depending on quantity)

Flax - 100 ea

Natures - 300-350 ea

icecube7.jpeg

ice cube is probably more correct about the prices, atm im f2p , iwas stating the prices for back when i was a member on another account (over a year and a half ago lol)

I remember when bowstring and flax was that cheap =D. I quit around that time and when I came back I was shocked by its new price.

icecube7.jpeg

I hear that spinning in lumbridge is now faster than spinning in seers, but even so, 40k flax is ALOT to spin, would take a solid day or two maybe(for spinning alone), I'd say you're better off just buying the strings. You gotta make sure you'll be able to sell the completed bows either way though, could take a long time to get rid of them.

Junkieman608.png

There seems to me to have been quite a high demand for yew longs recently as people race to get 99 mage.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

There seems to me to have been quite a high demand for yew longs recently as people race to get 99 mage.

And helped by the race to 99 fletching.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)