Should I become P2P?

Helbaird

Hey,

Just wondering when I should become a member.

I've been playing for about 2 months.

I have done all F2P quests.

These are my stats:

stats1of11dt9.png

equipstatsnj0.png

This is my bank:

bank1tm9.png

I know I have extremely little cash and items worth anything but I am willing to work for them. Should I become member and then get money or get money before P2P?

Please list the things I should do before P2P (If any).

Also, a player written guide on 'when to become a member' would be great.

-Helbaird

banksig2qn4.gif

To be honest there is no 'good' time to become a member. It also depends on what you want to get out of the game. I became a member so I could do more quests as I found them the most fun thing to do in the game. Remember that there are more varied methods/places to train your member skills which makines training much more fun and sometimes easier.

What I would recommend to you is to get 100k xp in all your non member skills (its about level 50 if I recall). This will set you in a good stead for maximising your fun in members so that you dont have to spend lots of time training things that you could do on f2p.

Finally, there is a guide to becoming a member (i.e. what to do once you have got it - quests/skills etc) but I dont recall seeing one about when it is best as it depends on what you want to get out of the game.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Depends... for every F2P skill, there is probably a better way to train it in members (and some of the monsters give better drops of both member or F2P items).

If you are limited in how much length of membership you can afford or justify, then maybe getting higher stats would be better.

On the other hand, get in there, pile a few of the easier quests, then go for Tears of Guthix and get some weekly extra XP in your lowest skill - since you are not a 0 defence / 0 prayer, then you can use ToG without messing up your stats.

It is not time to be member yet for two reasons:

First, you could train your attack, strenght and defence at least until 60 almost same speed has in P2P. Your ranger until 50 also is a must. The prayer skill also could have a little work until 43 (but that is hard on F2P). About all the other skills I would say train at least until level 40.

Secound, I dought that you know all the map of F2P in 2 months. So why expand when you still have lots of places to discover for free. Explore the wildness alittle more, explore the dungeons like edgeville dungeon, explore explore explore....

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Are you bored with F2P and feel you have doen everything? Get members. If you feel that there is still a lot to discover, stick with F2P for now.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Thanks!

I'm leaning towards becoming a member. For a few reasons.

1. Better environmant to train stats

2. I have explored F2P quite a lot

3. I want more quests and skills

4. More bank

-Helbaird

banksig2qn4.gif

There's really no reason to wait.

It's easier to train all your skills as a member.

You can earn more GPs as a member making potions, chopping rare wood, mining gems, smelting cannonballs or iron, smithing knives.

So many more places to mine iron (northeast of ardougne, west of fally) that are generally empty and competition-free.

So many places to cut wood.

Empty lobster/tuna/swordfish spots.

Glory amulets, rings of duelling, ectophials, enchanted Lyres for getting around.

Monsters everywhere, with better drops.

Clue scrolls.

Dragon weapons.

Blue, red, black d'hide. Magick bows.

Fletching.

Mystic robes.

Quests, quests, quests.

Everything is better as a member.

The more bank space reason, though, will be quickly dispelled. With so many more skills, quests, items, etc., you learn that the only reason they give you more bank space is because you have so many things you have to hold on to.

The seeds, the crops, the herbs, the potions, the building materials. We're in as bad a position as the F2P stuff bank-wise. I think even worse. Every time I fish I have to buy a new cage or harpoon. Whenever I need to grind something, I have to find a new pestle and mortar. There's just no space for them.

Warning: once you become a member, you'll never want to go back.

It depends how much you play, and how fast you want to train. You could get your stats a little higher in F2P first, but it would be so much faster in members, there's really no point in waiting if you can afford it.

Look on the Runescape homepage for the Membership Benefits link.

xseismicx5dw8.png

Get 40 prayer in stronghold of security-lvl1- lvl 12 MInotaurs, ppl leave the bones on the floor, and get at less all ur skill to 40+, i became member with all in 40+ and I have good progress

Get More money to buy mystic robes, full blue d hide and a d long (60 atk required)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I don't think it's a good time for you yet..

-You should train your magic to 55 otherwise you will be wasting much of members time walking from 1 city to another

-Try levelling ranged to at least 40, it'll help in some situations where your melee can't manage

-Level runecrafting

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.