guide in earning craft xp by drop leather[ now on video! ]

strnoob6431

^nice merchanting idea, but could be hard to have capital for low-lvl f2p'ers(to buy 1M worth of cowhides)

Thsi is a good guide for low level crafters.

(yah i edited cause i just realized after posting)

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

There's a market for hard leather bodies!!???!!! I never bothered to look.

*goes off to RSOF*

Or do you mean hard leather(not crafted) doesn't that not give xp?

He means hard leather, and it does not give xp.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Process for buying 1k hides, tanning, and crafting all 1k hides: about 45-75 minutes.(Approx.)

Doing 1k your way: 2 hours+....(Correct me please)

Bottomline: EVEN if you DIDN'T have 100k to buy hides. You could do in less time making money from fishing, wc, etc. then doing the 1st process I listed and still be at less time..The guide itself was really good with pictures, explanations, etc. But before making a guide you need to think about the use and for that i'll give you a 5/10. (TIP: Capitalize your title,I guarantee you'll have more views just by capitalizing. It looks so much more neat and looks so much more like you know what you're talking about)

Sirmurder, I wouldn't recommend using this way in that case. How much are you willing to spend on crafting. This way would probably take like

2-3 weeks. If you just bought hides till 61 about 1 week or less.

Well...Doing tiaras are the best...

Just do like that...but you mine the silver ore....

Anyway..nice guide..

7/10

maybe your right about making tiaras are the best but its not like that i woul do it if there is a furnac at the guild and it takes too long walking mining walking back to bank smith and finaly tiaras. the fast way i know for f2p is buying them

It isn't too much longer, since you have to kill all the cows..which can take a bit. This is a good cost-effective way of getting low crafting levels, but once you get into the 70s, 60s, etc, it really gets a lot better just to buy the hides.

nice ive been doing this for 2 days now gone up lvls thx for the help 8/10 =D>

NOTICE

IF U NOTICE THIS NOTICE THEN U WILL NOTICE THIS NOTICE IS NOT WORTH NOTICING JUST INCASE U HAPPEND TO NOTICE THIS NOTICE

A well written guide.

I'd like to point out that hard leather bodies alch for 102gp. If you have some nats floating about in your bank, this is as good as anything else F2P to alch.

But be careful, if you bought the nats you aren't going to profit! It only works if you got them free (from drops, or crafted if you're a member).

Nice guide though, explains it clearly for everyone.

8/10

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

nice guide. a simple concept explained well with informative pictures. i never actually knew there was an upstairs to the crafting guild lol and i'm 75 craft :oops: It's not the quickest or most profitable method but it's good steady exp for lower level craft.

9/10 :thumbsup:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Instead of running around like a headless chicken, consider this:

Take 14 buckets(you can bring less but it goes faster), a mining pick(rune speeds things up) and the brown apron.

Mine 14 clay,then use buckets on sink.Change the clay into soft clay, by mixing the water with it.Use the soft clay with Potter's Wheel and make bowls(need level 8 crating).You will get 14 bowls(unfinished), burn them in the pottery oven.

Note*you may get randoms.Take the uncuts and there is a chisel on a table in the centre of the guild.Cut the gems,then drop them and the chisel.

+no running around

+no money loss

-if you are really low leveled in crafting, some bowls may crack(from the heat in the oven)

You might want to add a pros/cons section. Because this way is cheaper, but much slower than buying hides.

hows that?

Well, if you were to buy them, you would go around screaming 'BUY HIDES 100 EA!' instead of killing 25 cows.

YARLY.png