Unbeaten's guide to holding to flag in cwars! Update: 30/12

mrmyk

Good guide, I might try a few of these tactics. BTW, saw you in cw a while back.

i remember :wink:

btw does anyone know how to get this into AOW?

I think they just go through this forum and add guides to AOW occaisionally.

hope this 1 gets moved to AOW then

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, personally..I think rock dropping, popping up and down ladders, and holding your own flag are the 3 most cheapest tricks and newbish strategies in this whole game..but, I will have to admit, this is a pretty good guide to that.

I agree I'm f2p also but Reading stuff about p2p is nice.

Nice guide by the way. Work on the Capitals. (I hate me to.) One tactic that my friend uses when he is on small worlds is to use his own flag to own the noobs on the other team... It works well. (helps that he is levle 110)

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

Now, personally..I think rock dropping, popping up and down ladders, and holding your own flag are the 3 most cheapest tricks and newbish strategies in this whole game..but, I will have to admit, this is a pretty good guide to that.

I agree I'm f2p also but Reading stuff about p2p is nice.

Nice guide by the way. Work on the Capitals. (I hate me to.) One tactic that my friend uses when he is on small worlds is to use his own flag to own the noobs on the other team... It works well. (helps that he is levle 110)

yes..i've poked many a person with the flag but it's really not suggested in larger worlds :wink:

gladz.png

Pointers;

1 - Someone with your armour should always if possible give the flag to someone with at least 70 range, for black hide/karils for magic defence and better melee protect armour as addy legs and brassy has very low bonuses.

2- You should carry a rune pick axe and tinderbox with you too. If stuck underground and you have no explosives your dead if you get pinned in a closed tunnel with enemies, same with the cades and a tinder.

Nice attempt though :)

lanthuscg3.png

I have to agree with the guy above me, you should at least take a rune pickaxe and a tinderbox, cant say how many games theyve saved me.

Get 70 range, then ill take advice, 70 range is essential to be v gd at cw.

Your map of underground is upsidedown btw, sara tunnel is south.

There are some pretty good guides out there that can beat this, but its a good attempt

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

@armadillo48

1.yes i could use better armour but i'm fine with mine (i don't use that combo because of gold plate now anyway). People can use whatever armour they want and ofcourse mine is close to the mininum.

2.preparation is everything! there should be no need for those two items unless you get stuck under your own base which is not recomended. If people notice they are low on supplies just pm a friend or ask a teammate.

gladz.png

tbh i think holdign the flag is very annoying. i know you have spent alot of time making this guide and its good but the tatic is nooby. maybe try making a guide about killing the person holding the flag =)

been asked this before in the thread :wink:

providing you have a decent ancient and a load of dds specs it shouldn't be too hard unless the flag holder is good (which this guide aims to make people be)

gladz.png

My guide's better. :P But wow, those trapping tricks are awesome! We should always be Zammy from now on, yes? \'

Here's a picture from a TET Castle Wars event, 6 people died at the same time. (You miss too many TET events mate) Thought it was amusing.

delete11zk2.png

My guide's better. :P But wow, those trapping tricks are awesome! We should always be Zammy from now on, yes? \'

Here's a picture from a TET Castle Wars event, 6 people died at the same time. (You miss too many TET events mate) Thought it was amusing.

delete11zk2.png

looks good :P

maybe i will come in the future

gladz.png

Nice update. :shock: Always fun to play Castle Wars with you.(We always win! :o ) I gotta try those tricks sometimes. I can just imagine them saying "What the heck!?" when the flag goes safe when you're on a cade.

I'm at 495 Tix, maybe after 85 Slayer I'll Castle Wars with you till I'm at 600. :)

Todays games were really scary. :| The last one we did I had 57 health and 3 level 100s following me through tunnels and I had 1 bandaid with the flag, I would have blew them up at the pit but I was afraid I'd die since the ranger was hitting 20s. :-#

Yay, an update! I guess the cading and dropping stuff would help if you're stuck in their base for some reason and you don't want to give them easy flag. Just out of curiosity, are you gonna add more stuff about keeping flag by your own big door?

cwscore2.jpg

Yay, an update! I guess the cading and dropping stuff would help if you're stuck in their base for some reason and you don't want to give them easy flag. Just out of curiosity, are you gonna add more stuff about keeping flag by your own big door?

if you keep pming me about it i will :oops:

gladz.png

pointless guide, its people like you that make the games boring, the idea is to score..not stand there with 50k people stood around you doing nothing.

dont post if you dont have anything constructive to add...personally i have given the flag away over 5 times a game before just so i could chase someone down again..

gladz.png

pointless guide, its people like you that make the games boring, the idea is to score..not stand there with 50k people stood around you doing nothing.

It is fun. If you had Myk on your team you'd always win, even if the opponent was holding it. You just need to get some Castle Warring skills.

It is fun. If you had Myk on your team you'd always win, even if the opponent was holding it. You just need to get some Castle Warring skills.

which you can gain by using this guide <3:

Due to koddo's request i added information about the large door and repairing it. Its fast and well worth doing!

gladz.png