Rune pure ranger: the build - f2p/p2p --- Remade 23 October

jens_w

Now I reached my 50 str level, when I'm going to level my range till 50, will I advance in CB ( not the CB advancing that will occure trough my hp leveling ) ?

Is it the same then when leveling my magic till 50 ?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor guide, those r basic knowledge and you should get ur pray to 44, u can hit 2 more higher with melee and ranged or even more accuracy with atk + u can use protect melee when u get pj while ur picking up stuff but i recommand u get prayers when you will still be ownage without prayer

poor guide, those r basic knowledge and you should get ur pray to 44, u can hit 2 more higher with melee and ranged or even more accuracy with atk + u can use protect melee when u get pj while ur picking up stuff but i recommand u get prayers when you will still be ownage without prayer

If it's basic knowledge, then why are there so many questions about this? And why do so many people make mistakes like not training to a new max hit but just under it? And why don't you make a pure and fight mine with it?

And because of prayer you only hit 2 more with ranged... your max hit with strength stays the same as if you would be 1 prayer. But if you stay 1 prayer you hit more with both strength and ranged.

My ranged + 2h guide:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=569717

Click and post

magic is invaluble for binds/mage defence and it dosen't cost combat lvls if you curse/alch/tele to lvl

Is this true that magic will not raise your combat lvl? Right now im 69 pure...only melee stats eveyrhing else is one except range 40. I checked the calculator it said i need 89 magic lvls to gain one combat. But i dont trust it, please let me know

The combat system has changed since runescape classic, if you have some melee stats, magic and ranged won't affect your combat till a certain point (except for any hp lvls gotten). So your combat calculator is correct.

I always use this one: http://www.rsbandb.com/calc/combat.php and it's only off 0.1 at most.

My ranged + 2h guide:

Click and post

Nice guide :D . I'm just wondering how rangers can hit 2 hits very quickly when they switch from their bow to the 2h. I'm kinda new to pking in RS but i pked a fair bit in RSC and you can't do that in RSC...can you explain how they do this? Thx. :thumbsup: Oh and btw are range 2hers (if that is what they are called) "better" than a normal pure with only atk and str?

1. 30 attack/str and 40 defence

2. get 40 range

3. get range armour/100k bronze arrows (costs bout 1m)

4. no life until your 99 ranged

5. go pking

6. realise f2p sucks

7. buy membership

this is about 20x more efficient than what i just heard from you.

1. 30 attack/str and 40 defence

2. get 40 range

3. get range armour/100k bronze arrows (costs bout 1m)

4. no life until your 99 ranged

5. go pking

6. realise f2p sucks

7. buy membership

this is about 20x more efficient than what i just heard from you.

rofl

If you want a range-melee hybrid, having both at the same level is not a good idea. Your combat will be melee-based if both ranging and melee are the same. I will take my own pure as an example:

Attack: 40

Strength: 52

I need lvl 63 ranging to become a range-based PKer. So I could have 62 ranging and 52 strength, and still have the same combat level. When my strength reaches 62 and I haven't leveled ranging, I can get my ranging in the seventies without worrying about extra combat levels and still have an optimal ranging level for Pking.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

If you want a range-melee hybrid, having both at the same level is not a good idea. Your combat will be melee-based if both ranging and melee are the same. I will take my own pure as an example:

Attack: 40

Strength: 52

I need lvl 63 ranging to become a range-based PKer. So I could have 62 ranging and 52 strength, and still have the same combat level. When my strength reaches 62 and I haven't leveled ranging, I can get my ranging in the seventies without worrying about extra combat levels and still have an optimal ranging level for Pking.

From 70 ranged on it hardly matters if they are the same or not. And at 83 ranged being the same makes you ranged based so... But there already is a note about this on the first page, maybe read the full guide before posting?

My ranged + 2h guide:

Click and post

Again, good guide... changed my mind and am staying with a strictly ranging pure for now. Lvl 50 with 72 range, I've fought dozens of range/2h koers and haven't lost once (in fact, the king adam guy in my sig was a range/2her). Consistant range>Range/2h combo. But pure str>pure range in almost all cases so I die a lot to them. :x

The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

It is a fact that as a ranged + 2her you can't outlast your opponent. This is simply because the 2h combo slows you down, while your opponent can get in a few hits. Your job as ranged + 2her is to make them believe they can ko you and then ko them :)

The problem with just ranging is that you can't ko unless you are maxed. If your max is 12, you won't kill a lot of people, unless by out staying them and making them run and then killing them.

Pure melee is indeed pretty good at the lower lvls since they can hit so much mroe, but once a ranger has 90+ ranged a pure melee is just free stuff. Even at lower lvls if you know how to use it.

My ranged + 2h guide:

Click and post